[WIP] Cartoon Ultimate Spider-Man Costume

thejakemoore

u0kv+

I've always wanted to make this suit, mainly because I love the terminated shoulder design.

I started this past weekend, only working on the top half for now. First step was to wrap myself in tape, cut it off, & stuff it with paper and bubble wrap. I then drew the design onto it, planning out my seams, and then cut it apart. I only did half because it'll be mirrored.
13EEq+

I then transferred everything to poster-board, cleaned up some of the lines, and tested the pattern out on some spare silver spandex that I had lying around.
1j8yJ+

I used this to alter the pattern a little bit. I made the glove part a little shorter, and brought the point of the shoulder cap up higher.

Now I've got everything cut out of red and blue spandex and I'll be sewing that together soon.

Last edited:
I might just have to learn to sew if that is the quality you can get from personal construction!! I love it man. keep up the awesome work and take a LOT of pictures.

Now that is high quality!!!! If you made suits for people I would definitely be on the list if I could afford it!!!
Thanks buddy! I'm planning on making a pattern, based off of this, that people will be able to use for their dye-subs. That's about as far as I'm gonna go into making suits for other people.
What type of spandex are you using? It looks perfect!
I'm actually not sure about the red. I have so many different kinds lying around the house, I just picked up the ones that looked like the right colors. I'm pretty sure the blue is a tricot, though.
I might just have to learn to sew if that is the quality you can get from personal construction!! I love it man. keep up the awesome work and take a LOT of pictures.
I will :) Gonna put down webbing tonight.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back