WIP- Barbican Saber Model

BrandtFX

Hey everyone!!

Im working on a render of the infamous Barbican Saber. Im modeling out all the details that I can figure out with the aim of building one. Also, Id be open to some input. Theres still some pieces missing in the following images. Still working on somethings.

Let me know what you think!

-Michael

Barbican-Saber_2021-Jun-20_02-33-53AM-000_CustomizedView30803263466_png.png

Barbican-Saber_2021-Jun-20_02-32-23AM-000_CustomizedView11654767129_png.png

Barbican-Saber_2021-Jun-20_02-31-54AM-000_CustomizedView8296415340_png.png

Heres a small update. Ive added a circuit board card and updated the relay mystery piece. I still have to model the brass piece for it. On to the clamp details and random screws.

-Michael

Barbican-Saber_2021-Jun-21_03-20-20PM-000_CustomizedView14395105559_png.png

This is the only picture I have in my Archives of the real lightsaber prop :

Darth Vader lightsaber ANH.jpg

Looking forward to what your end-result will look like once it has materialized in the real world ... vive Las Vegas :)

Chaïm

This is the only picture I have in my Archives of the real lightsaber prop :

View attachment 1469322

Looking forward to what your end-result will look like once it has materialized in the real world ... vive Las Vegas :)

Chaïm
Thank you for this!! I hadn't seen this one yet. I was questioning some of my placements until I laid this over the top of it! I think Im getting pretty close. I need to flip my clamp lever over to the other side!

Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 3.07.22 PM.png

Funny note, The screw holes for the missing grip line up pretty close to the screws on my model! How cool is that!?

Looks great! At one point it was suggested that this piece was also part of the ROTJ stunt lightsaber clampbox as seen here :

LFA_DVROTJ_emitter_ls*.jpg

And it is also visible on the Bunny-Energizer lightsaber :

Darth-Vader-Return-of-the-Jedi-Lightsaber-Energizer-Bunner-Commercial.jpg

Picture courtesy Jason DeBord

It's original position can be seen on this confirmed casting of the original Bunny-Energizer saber build by Don Bies at Lucasfilm, wrongly believed to be used in ROTJ by the Profile in History auction site, which took it down :

Darth-Vader-Return-of-the-Jedi-Lightsaber-Profiles-in-History-Hollywood-Auction-40.jpg

Here's a picture of a replica Bunny-Energizer lightsaber with scratch-made parts, it's used in the same position as the one you're building :

Energizer-Bunny-TV-commercials-Darth-Vader-Lightsaber-2.jpg

Picture courtesy Benjo

And that part is also visible on the Vader lightsaber from ROTJ in the collection of Bob Burns :

Darth-Vader-Return-of-the-Jedi-Lightsaber-Bob-Burns-Collection.jpg

So the part you just 3D-printed has a lot of history ... still it remains a mystery what real-world part it originated from, unless John Bies can shed some light on this?

Chaïm

Thank you! I’d love to find the original piece (as I’m sure others would as well). I’m of the thinking that the ROTJ clamp piece and this part are related as well. I considered modeling the clamp piece with out the tape on it to maybe help visualize what the found part may have looked like. Not sure if that would help anyone or not?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back