Winter Soldier costume build (pic heavy) arm included by Nykko Lazar

NykkoLazar

Hey everyone, thanks for checking out my post. Here I am going to show my progress photos of my Bucky, Winter soldier costume. If you have any questions please feel free to reply or message me. I decided to make this costume to test my skills with making the arm.

I wanted to make the arm in all separated pieces, this is something no one else was really doing. Most if not all I had seen are made in two parts split at the elbow.

Well lets get started with the arm. first I hand drew a template based on as many reference photos from the film that I could get my hands on. Photo Mar 06, 1 08 45 AM.jpg
After cutting each piece I bent each one by hand to fit the shape of my arm.

The material used is Aluminum. Luckily my grandpa works at a shop where they make plates for military body armor. I'm not sure what the thickness is, but its not easy to bend. However once it is bent it keeps its shape very well.

11.jpg10.jpg9.jpg
forearm progress. originally I had a smaller piece in between every big piece so no fabric would be showing but because of time I had to opt out of that for the rest of the arm.

Now that you've got the idea of how I put the arm together lets move on to the jacket. Instead of starting from complete scratch I went to the nearest thrift store to see what I could fine. I ended up finding a plain womans leather jacket that would be perfect to alter. add chest straps, detach arm ect.

here is the jacketPhoto Apr 16, 5 33 58 PM.jpg

I am also doing separate pieces in aluminum....no pics yet but glad to see someone else trying this out! Looks good so far!

20.jpg19.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

thanks, I actually finished this a year ago. never got around to posting it here. good luck though :) I loved the finished product. always turns heads at a con.

lastly here is the strap harness for the gun on his back. unfortunately I didn't take any progress pics of the belt due to trying to get everything done on time.
23.jpg22.jpg21.jpg
the gun is attached with magnet clips that I bought at Michaels. This allows me to remove it with ease should I choose to.

I have pretty much full range of motion with the arm. cant reach to far above my head....mostly for fear of bending the pieces or ripping it apart from the glue.

Hi Nykko, this looks awesome! (also first post here after lurking for awhile) May I ask, how did you secure those pieces to the fabric underneath? I'm guessing hot glue? :D

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back