Question Why are my posts being moderated? (answered)

Mathius

Moderation of new member posts (answered)

I read that new members posts are subject to moderation before they are actually posted. I posted something last week and it still isn't posted. How do we know if our message has been reviewed or not? I don't even see any record that I DID post the message? There has been at least one post in the thread since I remember posting.

re: Moderation of new member posts (answered)

All new member posts in the Junkyard are placed in the moderation queue and reviewed. Some new member posts in all the other forums are flagged, placed in the moderation queue, and reviewed.

Moderated posts are almost always reviewed within 24 hours of being posted. If the post is within the posting guidelines, it will be approved and show up on the forum, it it is not within the guidelines it is rejected and deleted. Because of the sheer number of posts that are moderated, the member is not notified regarding the results of the review. That is why it is important for new members to familiarize themselves with the Member Guidelines and Junkyard Forum Guidelines so as to avoid having their posts rejected.

I see the message at the top of the screen about how I'm a new member... but I've been with the RPF since 2007 and I used to have a lot more posts than it gives me credit for now.

While it's true that I went for a long time without posting and only came back a few months ago, I don't understand why my post count dropped to zero and I went on to new member status...

Thanks...

Posts in the OT and Junkyard forums do not count toward your post count total.

Posts in the OT and Junkyard forums do not count toward your post count total.

Yeah, I know that.

That still doesn't explain why my post count dropped to zero. Like I said, I used to have a lot more posts than I do now... five years ago when I joined, I was quite active... then I was away for a year or two, now that I've returned, my post count had dropped to zero. So, I'm a "new" member who joined five years ago...

Back when I was active, in 2007-2008, I wasn't a new member. Well, I was at the beginning, but that didn't last long...

It probably has something to do with the move to this new server.

What new server? Because of the domain theft? It was going on before that happened.

If there was another move before that, before I became active again, did EVERYONE drop down to zero posts and become new members again?

I seem to recall something a few years back where yes, everyone's posts were wiped, but we were invited to let the mods know how many posts we used to have, and our numbers were manually adjusted. I'm guessing you were gone during that time.

I hope it's okay if I also ask a question here. I didn't want to start a new and somewhat similar thread.

I am also getting the new member message, even though I have enough non-Junkyard/OT posts. For me, it is a bit different, because my status was never upgraded from new member. My post count hasn't dropped to zero, either.

If anyone could help me out as well, that would be great.

I hope it's okay if I also ask a question here. I didn't want to start a new and somewhat similar thread.

I am also getting the new member message, even though I have enough non-Junkyard/OT posts. For me, it is a bit different, because my status was never upgraded from new member. My post count hasn't dropped to zero, either.

If anyone could help me out as well, that would be great.
You are listed as a full access member, so your posts should not be getting moderated. Are you sure your posts are still being moderated?

What new server? Because of the domain theft? It was going on before that happened.

If there was another move before that, before I became active again, did EVERYONE drop down to zero posts and become new members again?

We lost some posts back when we changed forum software (early 2007 I think), but we never wiped or zeroed anyone's post count. If you had attained full access member status previously, you would not have been switched back to a new member even if posts had been lost/deleted.

Right now you have 24 posts, 2 of them are from back in 2007, 1 from 2010. How many posts do you think you had back in 2007?

You are listed as a full access member, so your posts should not be getting moderated. Are you sure your posts are still being moderated?

I don't think they are being moderated (since they come up right after I post), but I am getting the "you are a new member" message at the top of the forum. Since I am listed as a full member, is there a way to get ride of that message?

That post also shows as your first post in your lookup. Is there a post that isn't in your current history?

I don't have a listing of my posts from back when, so I can't say that the post where I said this and that, from this date, is missing. All I know is that I was fairly active in threads dealing with Firefly stuff back then, and that I don't recall my posts being moderated after a brief while when I first joined. I know I had more than two in 2007, plus I was active in 2008...

If we keep talking about it, I guess I'll exceed twenty again... hehehehe...

I don't have a listing of my posts from back when, so I can't say that the post where I said this and that, from this date, is missing. All I know is that I was fairly active in threads dealing with Firefly stuff back then, and that I don't recall my posts being moderated after a brief while when I first joined. I know I had more than two in 2007, plus I was active in 2008...

If we keep talking about it, I guess I'll exceed twenty again... hehehehe...
We did not moderate new member posts back then, that is why you don't remember it.

Moderated Posts - How long to approve?

Just wondering how long it normally takes for someone to approve moderated posts.

I posted a reply to a seller in the Junkyard yesterday and it still hasn't posted.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back