Who would you most want to direct a Star Wars or Marvel film?

That's the problem. Disney isn't going to spend the money, and Indy 5 is one of the most expensive movies EVER, without putting their identity politics fingers into everything. It's going to be garbage, no matter who is in the director's chair. Theoretical doesn't matter. We live in reality and the reality is, Hollywood is a complete disaster.

Theoretical doesn't matter. We live in reality and the reality is, Hollywood is a complete disaster.
No, theoretical doesn't matter to you. I'm quite familiar with reality. In the real world innovators, creators, thinkers etc. have imagination and the ability to conjecture about things that are understood to be entirely hypothetical. We all love things that are entirely fictional for god's sake.

I don't disagree about Hollywood I just haven't given up hope and I won't because when hope dies so does the ability for change to occur.

For Star Wars, Denis Villeneuve is the first that comes to mind. Ive loved everything hes done. Though he has a very serious tone.

Id also like to see Favreau actually direct a Star Wars movie. His one episode of the Mandalorian was one of my favorit.

How about one of these standalones like 'Rogue One' or 'Solo', but they get made during the 1980s-90s with John McTeirnan in charge?

In that era he made 'Die Hard' and 'Predator' and 'Hunt for Red October' and '13th Warrior'.

That's the problem. Disney isn't going to spend the money, and Indy 5 is one of the most expensive movies EVER, without putting their identity politics fingers into everything. It's going to be garbage, no matter who is in the director's chair. Theoretical doesn't matter. We live in reality and the reality is, Hollywood is a complete disaster.
It's what happens when it becomes about micro-managing and focusing more on checking boxes than focusing on the story.

And it's not one studio, it's all of them. Going risk averse and trying to appease everyone at every turn make it impossible to get anything good out of it. Hopefully it's cyclical. Same thing happened in the past and it's a big reason LFL was founded in the first place to get out of the controlling studio system. But massive control is what happens when a couple companies get to buy up everything and there's little to no competition. 'It's our way or the highway'.

First is getting a script writer that can write a memorable story, second is casting actors we will actually want to see, as for a director, hire a stuntman, cause they know how to direct fight scenes the right wawy

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back