Who will be doing a Thor movie version hammer?

We have 2 Party City's here in Tulsa and I've been to both hoping to score a few more for you guys who didn't get one. The bad news is they don't have them. The good news is that they haven't arrived...yet.

Party City was a bust. No hammer, no costume stuff whatsoever. Plus they were supposed to open at 9am, but I sat in the parking lot until 9:35am because some chick had to take a smoking break. Suckiness.

I need to hit stuff with this....

Nothing arrived until now

But I think the way all over to Germany is a little bit longer :cry

I just order some FilmCells to make nice Display for the Hammer.

I CAN`T WAIT I NEED MY HAMMER :cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

So I just going to see the movie again tonight.

Hey...my hammer arrived early!
Overall, not bad at all. It sucks when you hold it but looks great on the wall. For 15 bucks I love it :thumbsup

@Bimmer looks like it's really coming together, are you thinking of getting the relief work done in panels and putting it in later?

cheerio

p.s. your text seems to have a lisp ;)

i was really hoping my Hammer would get here today, considering it shipped on monday. I'm not a fan of Fed Ex anymore. UPS consistently gets packages from the Netherlands to me in 3 days shipping time. It was within 2 hours of my house this morning, but was then sent into another state 4 hours away from where i live and i won't get it till tuesday. NOT even monday.. but tuesday. ugggh

Enough ranting i suppose. Has anyone else's hammers arrived yet?

Did yours arrive yet? I'm curious to see how close you got your digital measurments to the costume prop.

not yet.. It says estimated delivery would be tomorrow. I don't understand why it wasn't delivered today. I've decided i really don't like Fed Ex. haha

The handle should be quite close to the costume handle as long as the measurements you gave were correct. There is still a little modifcations to be done to the 3d handle before i'm happy with proclaiming it "nearly movie accurate". But again, that all depends on how close the costume prop is in size/dimensions/proportions to the real deal.

Either way, my handle and cap stone will be a great addition to the toy to make it much more accurate.

I had some down time while I waited to silicone to cure so I started assembly on my hammer.

My previous hammers have been solid MDF but there's really no reason to do it that way. I made a hollow box, beveled the edges and cut a hole in the base for a 1-1/2" dowel. I drilled a second piece of MDF to hold the dowel on the inside.

My plan is to wait until it's all painted and the handle is complete before I insert the handle into the head.

Even hollow, it's a hefty chunk!

I'm thinking about just getting them laser engraved. I think for something "otherworldy" like this, inhuman precision would be appropriate.

Got my Hammer from simplysuperhero.com:thumbsup

Like all the others say, for the 16$ a really nice prop.

If someone needs more photos tell me.

Greets

Paddy

Anyone been able to find the Nerf one anywhere? I am looking for a kid's sized hammer for a 3 year old for Halloween. Haven't been able to find them in stores in Canada and shipping is brutal from the US for one. :wacko

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back