Who will be doing a Thor movie version hammer?

If there are some good close ups of the handle, i could model that as well :)

I was at the grocery store and say the "official movie magazine" for Thor, and there was a great photo of the hammer on the inside of the cover.
The costume accesory is pretty close, it just needs to have a smooth texture - no bumbs like it has now.
I can measure it for you (since the handle you make would be for this particular hammer head) and take photos.
The end game is to have a solid resin replica that will look great on display but also have some weight to it when held....and won't break the bank on price.

I think this is the best pic we have so far-

Stunt Hammer
attachment.php

attachment.php

Nick

Looks good to me!
I'm hoping we can get RPFer Eaglewood to do just the handles (if he is able to do them accurate like in the pic you posted, and I know he can just a matter if he is interested) and we could just upgrade the recasted/accurized hammer head with the new handle (w/leather coverings) not sure if this is an option anyone else is willing to explore....

Good deal! i'll get working on a handle and cap piece. They'd be relatively inexpensive to have made. I'd need to get some silicone and then i'd be able to offer these to everyone with this toy hammer. I know the handles wouldn't have leather, but it'd be a step up from the toy handle

How long is the toy handle?

Handle length including the end cap is 10 5/16" and the diamiter is 4 4/16" - that is the diamiter of the handle, the raised portion not the end cap. End cap is 4 5/8".
If someone else has this, double check those measurements - I used a tape measure.
The handle does unscrew from the head. It would be nice to have a threaded end to screw into the head. It might be easier for you to model a correctly sized handle if you had the actual costume hammer in your hands.
Here are pics of what it looks like:
DSC_0146.jpg

DSC_0147.jpg

wow thanks for the pics and measurements. You meant circumference though right? thats about 1.35 inch diameter on the handle. I am a little confused on the end cap diameter though.. 4 5/8 is bigger than 4 4/16 or(1/2)

You're right though, having the hammer will be easier to model off of. Mine is supposed to ship out tomorrow :)

Yes, circumference - sorry. I'm a dumb dumb.
PM coming at ya,
If you are getting one for yourself (good deal by the way) then getting your parts made will be a lot easier. This is going to be a fun item to accurize, and it really doesnt need much.
One thing I will add though is that the handle end should have insert slots to occomidate a leather strap, since it is being made solid resin and not leather covered.

Alright, so i stayed WAY passed my bedtime tonight.. I'm going to regret this at work tomorrow, but here goes..

So i modeled the hammer a few months ago as references slowly started coming along, but it fell to the wayside with other projects. Anyway, i've dusted it off so to speak and here is my new handle. Keep in mind that it isn't done, i just threw this together real quick tonight. I want to make these available asap so work must be done!

Also note that the hammer itself isn't perfectly to scale with the handle right now, so bare with me..

untitled25.jpg

untitled24.jpg

I mimicked the poses so it'd be easier to spot differences in the handle. I know there are a some still, but critiques are encouraged. I want this to be as close as possible.

I'll start on the cap piece tomorrow after i find a Nordic rune font i can use

Something to note is that the stitches go towards the side of the hammer, not the faces. Just noticed that on the original hammer right before I took these photos. I'll have to turn it to the correct location next time. :unsure

Also repainting it a solid color definitely shows all the flaws within the injection molding as far as warps and stuff on the head.

can't wait until SSuperheroes have them on stock again. I'm dying to get mine!

Hey, Dargas and to all waiting for this hammer to get back in stock.

I just got word from our Disguise sales rep that these hammers are out of stock, company-wide right now.

But they will become available again in July.

If you find one elsewhere, grab it. If you live in the states, you may want to consider Party City, even your local one. I would be surprised if they didn't have these in their stores.

Seeing that you guys are into accuracy and being hands-on, I wanted to point out a great write-up on how to make a homemade Captain America Shield from a used satellite dish: Captain America Shield from used satellite dish

Cheers.

How do you screw up the writing so bad on the hero weapon from the hero character in such a big budget movie. I know the end cap is barely on screen but come on.
But for the consumer version that hammer doesn't look bad.

How do you screw up the writing so bad on the hero weapon from the hero character in such a big budget movie. I know the end cap is barely on screen but come on.
But for the consumer version that hammer doesn't look bad.

It is clear that had at least SOME reference material to go off of in recreating this, however they may not have had a good shot of the cap OR the studio requested that certain elements of the hammer be innacurate - not an uncommon stipulation with license holders unfortunately.
That new paint job you did looks pretty good - changing the color of the handle makes a world of difference. I like the weathered look of the hammer head that came stock with it, maybe it needs just a TAD more silver, but I like how the gunmetal under it really enhances the details (and hides the flaws as you pointed out).
With a solid-resin cast of the hammer head, all the seam lines and flaws can be sanded out to give it a more streamlined look.
Makes you kinda wonder why a licensed high-end replica wasnt released already giving the demand we have right now for a simple costume accesory!

hi has anyone got any advise for the application of bodyfiller to this kind of a project because im fearing that mine is gonnna look a little low grade with some kind of industrial processing that said is expandable foam a easy method of filling pushing the sides out wont be a problem as im gonna use a foam board outer layer to get the base shapes :)

Yeah, I'm lind of wondering the same thing. I suppose it all really depends on how thin/durable the walls of the hammer head are. If not done properly I imagine it will distort the shape of the hammer. :unsure

I know what you mean but I'm not fussed what they put on the hammer I always thought the comic book thing was cheesy anyway. The lines in the movie are much better, it's just the typos in the runes.
mjolnir-engraving-picture-mjolnir-sarunes.jpg-46868d1299195598

what they wrote
View attachment 54088
What they should have writtenish.
These are correct sort of considering they're english words.
Anyway enough of a hijack.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back