Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Zeppo

Sr Member
This is a costume I've wanted to do for years, and recently realized I had all the pieces I needed in my closet already. So tonight, I decided to put it all together. I hit a friends party before taking a walk through the streets.

The best thing about dressing up as The Shadow - looking bad ass
The worst thing about dressing up as The Shadow - explaining to people who The Shadow is :rolleyes

It's kind of a hybrid between the movie version and the illistrated version. I loved the fact that he had a full cape in the movie, but I like that he was always drawn with a long flowing scarf.

PA290051a.jpg

PA290050a.jpg

The pics are a little stylized, but I wasn't really able to get better ones before the battery in my camera died.

The hat is actually a licensed "The Shadow" hat. I assume it was a tie-in to the movie. I found it at a costume sale years ago. It was originally grey, so I used some black fabric spray paint on it.

The coat is a black, double breasted military great coat.

The cape is actually Snidely Whiplash's cape from the Dudley Do-Right movie (hence the purple lining)

The red scarf was a sash my mother made for me about 13 years ago for another costume.

Anyhoo, that's me clouding men's minds.

Last edited:
Really cool man, and the purple lining actually plays well with the reveal, shows off the coat. :cool:thumbsup
Edit: Just saw the OP date :lol still cool :D

JackNappier - I used Simply Spray Soft Fabric Paint, which I bought at Michael's. I think it took me a couple of cans to get the whole hat done.

Big Daddy - Thanks! Nice to finally be acknowledged 3 years later ;)

Yeah, I love that cape. A red lining would probably work better for The Shadow, but screw it, purple's what I got.

Someday I may actually take better pics of the costume.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back