"Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Love letter added!!

Re: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Eddie's toon gun, and other stuff too . . .

Is it just me or does the eagle on the newspaper letterhead look like it's turned to the side like these:

609px-MasiTreatySealSkippet.jpg

Or this one: http://www.museumoffloridahistory.com/mfh/exhibits/civilwar/images/eagleseal_lg.gif

Not quite the same but you get what I'm talking about I hope.

Ryu

Second pull of the gun is out. First one was a . . . um . . . a learning experience.

Not bad, needs some work, and the mold needs a bit more tweaking.

I'll clean it up in the morning, and give it a coat of primer. Then, tommorow night, I'll give a nice coat of paint!! Or should I say ink and paint?

**BU-dah-bump**

Enjoy!

secondpull.jpg

Hammer is strong, since a piece of metal is cast into it!

Soon. working out the details. It won't have the bullets, but may have some other 'props' with it . . .;)

Soon. working out the details. It won't have the bullets, but may have some other 'props' with it . . .;)
Beautiful stuff. Do you think you'll eventually end up making the bullets down the road?

That's looking great Hotshot, look forward to the painted pics.

I'm making progress slowly - I've got all the text that can be made out on the DVD and am now making up the rest of the text that can't be made out to match what is screen accurate.

Question: Should "Drouth" be left in (which is screen accurate) or should the correct spelling "Drought" be put in it's place?

NewspaperWIP-2.jpg

The main body of the text on the original appears to be a single paragraph which is repeated again and again and again...... As this replica WILL be seen up close, I've decided to put something more interesting in instead - a part of the initial Roger Rabbot script - my favourite scene from the movie in fact, but MUCH darker in the older script - which I've formatted to fit the newspaper paragraph style.

COOL! great job! ... just out of curiosity, is the older script available online? i would love to read it!

Woooowwww! That looks amazing!
I'm lovin' it!!
I've got the gun all cleaned up, but have yet to nail down the blue grey colors, and then find a satisfactory gloss/semigloss. I may offer the bullets later this year.

Great Newspaper. But one thing I noticed is that the text is not in justify

COOL! great job! ... just out of curiosity, is the older script available online? i would love to read it!

You can read the older script (titled Who Shot Roger Rabbit?) here:

http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Who-Framed-Roger-Rabbit?.html

Yeah, my Photoshop doesn't seem to do justified text. I was considering justifying each line by hand..... Guess I'm gonna have to do it now! :lol

EDIT: OK, went ahead and justified all the text. Figured out a few more of the words and made up the rest of the missing ones. This is now finished, unless anyone can point out anything glaringly inaccurate.

NewspaperWIP-3.jpg

So...... How do I go about getting this printed on actual newspaper paper?.....

Last edited:

Looks beyond fine!!! Nicely done!

Here's the first shot at painting the gun up. It's more experimentation at this point.

Any thoughts?

valiantgunprototype.jpg

I'm not sure if I should go flat colors, or dress it up with some subtle shading and touches of white 'shine'. I'm also pondering a semigloss coat.

Whatcha think gang?

Looks like an actual cartoon gun. Awesome.

Re: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Props nearly finished!

It should, it's about the size of a Samaritan!!! I'd call that cartoony . . .or scary!! :lol

Re: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Props nearly finished!

Very well done! That's inspiring: I also want to try to make it in the future!:thumbsup :thumbsup

I'm not totally conviced about the painted white light spots: cartoonish, yes, but non "realistic", because they're fixed in that position.
If I can tell you a suggestion: I would try with flat colors and very smooth airbrush shadows. Then I think that a semi-gloss coating would be a good idea to give it more lights. :)

Beside that: again congratulations! :thumbsup

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back