"Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Love letter added!!

Rhett J Martin

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Howdy boys,
Been wanting to add to my prop collection, and have had ALOT of time since other projects have floundered.
So I though I'd take stab at some props from my all time favorites from 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit."

One of my favorite scenes is when Eddie has to face his demons and go into Toontown to get his new buddie, Roger. Great scene, great movie.

Of all the special effects movies since I was born in '77, only a few have 'sold' me into the moment.

Roger Rabbit is one of those.

So, I've started mastering up a Valiant Special .45 (the caliber is what the littel bullets figure out to). Thought you guys would get a kick out of it!!

toongun1.tif

toongunopen.tif

toongun4.tif

I've had a blast (if you can call obsessing over the details a blast) making a wierd amalgimation of how a real prop would look, since, as you can see, the gun chages from cap to cap up there. It's really funny to see that anytime Eddie's in Toontown (except when he pulls the gun) that Bob Hoskins is holding a real prop, instead of an animated one.

Enjoy!

toongun2.jpg

**and before anyone asks . .yes I'm making the bullets, and yes, I'll be casting this! :rolleyes ;) :lol

Last edited:
Re: "Dear Eddie, thanks for gettin' me outta the hosegow!"

That's fantastic! My wife and I were watching Roger Rabbit the other night and both of us said out loud at the same time, "That would be a great prop to make!"

Are you going to try and do the box with the plaque also? Keep us posted on any possible availability of castings, I for one would be so in.

Love it!! I can't wait to see more pics of the bullets!

Brad

Glad you guys like! Wasn't sure how this odd little project was goingt o be received!

Always loved that movie (and spent some time back then trying to see the "supposed Jessica topless" frame)
Are you going to make the case too?

Oooohh.....watching with massive interest, i picked rodger rabbit up on DVD around a month ago, to share one of the best films with my 4 year old. I've not seen it since i was a kid, and i thought exactly the same thing, it would be great to have that gun, bullets and the case.

And....i always thought the scene was a flash up Jessicas dress, when the taxi spins out of control and she falls out bouncing along the road????? Not a topless scene!

Serious question....
"Didn't they sell a life size 1:1 Jessica Rabbit a few years back?

I have a foot tall perfect
(in every curve way) statue of her.

Everyone loves it.

Tom

You guys need to hop into that DVD, start digging through the 'Valiant Files' and start screencapping. There's a bevy of Paper props in there . . .

It has most of the Eddie and Teddie photos, as well as all the Mmvie posters hanging on Maroon's office walls. Even has some of the Catilina photos.

I'm still digging, hoping to find the pattycake photos.

oh yea . .somebody get to work on this . . .

valiantclipping.jpg

eddieandteddie.jpg

valiantnephewrescue.jpg

Better shots on the DVD, I took these with my camera off the TV screen. HTought it might give someone something to do!

vlcsnap-8971157.png

vlcsnap-8973863.png

vlcsnap-8971420.png

vlcsnap-8974169.png

vlcsnap-8971535.png

vlcsnap-8971855.png

vlcsnap-8975213.png

vlcsnap-8976606.png

The last two are my favorite scenes - BUT I am so watching this thread with deep interest. You may want to include Roger Rabbit in the title of the thread - I passed it by a few times not knowing the line.

Last edited:
Re: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Eddie's toon gun, and other stuff too . . .

Okay, Jet, if you're screen capping those, you'd better start grabbing posters and photos in the Valiant Files!!

Glad everyone's digging this. I'm starting casting today! Sooo can't wait to paint one up!

I've pretty much given up on the bullets . . .my sculpting skills aren't what they used to be.

Re: "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Eddie's toon gun, and other stuff too . . .

In the late 80s full-sized one sheets were produced of several of the Maroon Cartoon movie posters seen on the walls of R. K. Maroon's office:
littleinjun.jpg

MV5BMTI0NjQ5ODQ2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjE1MTk5._V1._SX96_SY150_.jpg

babexx-901_a1000.jpg

(also: Herman's Shermans)

These done by Kilian (the same company that did the Star Wars Checklist poster). I grabbed all four...those were my movie poster collecting days--I cut way back later.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back