Who else watched Predators yesterday?

Allosaur, you suggesting a xenomorph? :) I does look just like Ventura's plasma cannon damage, but it's cool to think there might be an Alien ref in this film, beyond the line of dialogue (and maybe a skull in the camp? Some claim to have seen one. I didn't).

I thought I saw an alien skull on a stick in the camp near one of the fires also. My GF pointed it out when it was on screen for the brief second as well.

Actually the netting is a metallic mesh that keeps the pred warm, according to the comics. All the tech is controlled by the gauntlets so yes you would need to retrieve that as well as the bio. Since this was a tropical planet (note more than one sun) it was hotter than earth most likely (note you see everyone sweating buckets here but not p1) so they did not need the nets.

They left the mask and cool gun and went back outside. Me, I would rather have walls with two approaches rather than be surrounded by jungle where they can be all around you.
As is, fishburnes character was really pointless. he gave them some backstory of teh two types.

" Hey wouldn't it be cool if one of the humans had the bio-mask?!
Hell yeah! Then what?
I dunno. Kill him off or something."

Fishbourne was crucial: he was the human touchstone to explain to the characters (and the audience) what was going on. Now, did I care for his performance? No. But having a character who can give us exposition was completely necessary. He also added another layer of conflict, another twist, so that the movie was more than just a killer picking them off one by one. There were other dangers.

Fishbourne was crucial:... having a character who can give us exposition was completely necessary. He also added another layer of conflict, another twist

They could have found that in the notebook they found on the dead guy [which they never looked at again], or better yet, figured it out for themselves.
But no one had a clue. Many times I was annoyed that no one notices something right in their face, and then everyone sees it at once. Just like a school of fish.

...so that the movie was more than just a killer picking them off one by one, There were other dangers.

That's kind of what the movie is about.

Just saw over at avpgalaxy.net that a sequel has been confirmed! I wish there was some emoticon good enough to express my joy. Maybe a leprechaun pleasuring himself while riverdancing, or something. Yeah, I'm THAT happy! :)

Back to the topic of skulls, even if that was a T-rex in P2 or a neanderthal at the Berserker camp it doesn't necessarily imply time travel. Remember this race keeps skulls as trophies so I'm sure they treat them in a way that preserves them over time. So those could very well be ancient trophies from hunts that took place generations ago.

They also fly through space and stop at other planets to collect prey to hunt. No reason they couldn't have hit some other world with giant reptiles good for depositing in the game preserve.

I thought it was better than Predator 2 and the AvP movies but I just wished it would stand on its own rather than ripping elements of the first movie. And Danny Trejo died to soon!! If he was Machete, the preds would be begging him for mercy! :lol

I watched it yesterday. It was alright I guess, but could have done without SO many direct references to the Arnold film. The woman telling the story of the events in the first film was plenty.

All those extra lines just felt really forced. Plus, Morpheus' character was just useless.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back