Who else watched Predators yesterday?

Jawafive

Sr Member
I enjoyed it. Wasn't the best, but infinitely better than AVP or AVPR. You could see certain parts coming a mile away, and overall I feel like the predators have been weakened since P2, but it was still a decent way to spend however long that was.

Worth a mid afternoon showing.

I just got back from watching it (thanks Moo). I agree I am not gonna go see it multiple times but it was good. I did not see one of the twist towards the end of the movie, And was pleased that I didn't. I did like that they showed some close ups of some of the weapons and armor so that we may see them on here soon enough.:love

Just saw it myself. I actually thought it was pretty awesome. Certainly a worthy sequel to the originals, thought its been a while since I've seen them.

Like a cool breeze clearing the air of the stench left by the AvP films.

I just saw it. I liked it quite a bit. It was predictable as all hell and nothing really surprised me. But it was still a ton of fun.

I thought most of the weapon designs were a bit uninspired and seemed a little blocky to be honest. But It wasn't really the point of the movie.

I do hope they do Predator 4 now and follow up this story line.

It's AvP quality. So people who liked those should be entertained. Personally... it was loud, obnoxious, lame and a waste of time.[/QUOTES

So why did you go then? Based on previous predator movies, trailers etc :rolleyes wow.... Better then i thought it was going to be.

I'm seeing it tomorrow...after waiting patiently for a year!!! I've read enough spoilers and so forth to know I'm gonna love it, but then I enjoyed the AVP films, so when it comes to Preds, I'm easy. I just like watching those critters do their thing. I think I'm the only person I know who watched AVPR twice in one day (admittedly, the second time was because I'd figured out how to adjust my TV settings so I could SEE the stupid thing!) :lol

Has anyone seen Predators?

I was hoping for a review by now, but since no one is fessing up to having seen this movie I have to ask..how was it??
It got 2 stars in the local paper which is about what I'd expect from this one.
Still, I trust the movie goers of the RPF more than any movie critic out there. So, how was it?

Re: Has anyone seen Predators?

Saw it tonight and more or less enjoyed it. It's nothing hugely memorable but nor is it massively disappointing or lacklustre. It has some moments; overall I'd call it a competent, workmanlike sequel rather than an inspiring one.

Probably the aspect that IS disappointing is simply how effectively this points out where our expectations are these days. Mine were at rock bottom so it wasn't difficult to exceed them. Reviewers are saying the same.

I actually quite liked it and I don't normally like - how do i put this - that kind of film, you know, mainstream muscles and action sort of thing. I loved all the musical ques from the original movie, and I thought the first third of the film was just gold. There was definitely a ton of stuff that could have been easily cut out to make a good film great but it wasn't a curates egg either.

I have too hard a time with the premise being so far away from the first two.

Single predator attracted to heat and conflict taking on multiple armed humans.
Dropped into that on their own to prove themselves.

Abducting specific badass people to take to another planet for fun and games?
Collecting up a little dirty dozen for themselves as playthings?

Well gosh the first two movies the Predators lost, What?
Not enough challenge on earth????? Need to collect up a bunch of guys and make it easier? LOL
How did that predator conversation go??? Hey, I got an idea!.....

Ehhhhhhh not feeling any interest, it's really bringing the predators down to being total wimps and I really have a hard time caring despite some decent reviews overall.

I think I can't enjoy things anymore after bad sequals and I be broken now. LOL

I enjoyed it for what it was. Not as good as the first Predator movie in my opinion, but better than the second and both AVP movies:thumbsup

Of course, I am still scratching my head over this scene:sleep
General-Predator.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back