Which falcon is this?

I believe its the 5" model used for the scene where it is attached to the Medical Frigate at the end of ESB

yeh the five footer

Definitely NOT the 5 footer. its more like 10 inches... Its usually on display with the 5 footer though.

here are some more pics of it that I took while at the MoM in Brooklyn in 2000... Most of the pics here are of the 5 footer but the last few at the bottom of the of the page are of the one you're inquiring about. I do not have an exact measure of size but "memory" tells me it was bout 8-10 inches.

http://www.studioscale.com/images/reference/Falcon/5Foot/Frank Wire/index.htm

Jedi Dade

Last edited:
Probably the initial closer shot of the Star Destroyer piggyback (not the wide shot that used a Falcon not much bigger than a quarter).

Also seen in "SPFX: The Empire Strikes Back" making-of special:
falc_1-0.jpg

Seems to be the same model to my eye, although the post is gone and the hole covered. I believe the post was for attaching to the Medical Frigate.

This is an ANH model. It appears in quite a few shots: the approach to the Death Star hangar, the 'tilt-down' shot where the MF approaches Yavin, and possibly the very first MF model shot we see where it takes off over Mos Eisley. :)

the close shot of the falcon on the SD bridge was actaully the 32 inch ship with a specailly constructed HUGE SD bridge. The only place I'm sure it was is hanging off the bottom of the Neb B in the wide shots.

As for it making an appearance in ANH... I can't prove or disprove it - but I "thought" that only the 5 footer was created for that movie... But hey - I've been proven wrong before... just not often :lol

Jedi Dade

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back