Where can I find X-wing ear cups and mic?

division 6

Master Member
In ANH they had Racal head sets under their helmets.
Same ones worn by the ground crew and on the Falcon.
There was a pic floating around where you can see most of it under the helmet.

Also used in Alien and Aliens.



Sr Member
for the ear cups, you should be able to canabolize a cheap pair of earmuffs. Remove the mount, repaint the cups and mount them inside the helmet.

The mike can be mounted to the ear cups, depends on what you can find. I know the ESB abd ROTJ mikes were different.


Well-Known Member
<div class='quotetop'>(Tom Berges @ May 22 2006, 04:42 PM) [snapback]1248844[/snapback]</div>
Any ideas...other than Richies?
Well he did say other than Richie's...

If you can find a real Racal headset that answers that. In ESB and RotJ its the same Racal headset minus the rubber tip on the microphone.

The earcups, like Ed suggested, are hearing protectors from a safety supply store. Remove the cushion, paint them dark grey and put the cushion back on. Apply inside the helmet with velcro.