When Did You Start This Hobby?

Didact

Hello Fellow Hunters!

Making this out of boredom and curiosity!
Now there are alot of Collectors in this forum and im curious.

When did you start Collecting?

Collecting as in buying:
  • Predator Bio Helmets
  • Predator Busts
  • Props and Replica
  • Etc..

Im only 15 and im saving up money to buy my first Bio Helmet and i cant wait to get my hands on one.

.:Mighty Hunter:.

Last edited by a moderator:
August of last year, I'm waiting on a few more parts to show up then all I need to do is make the skin (Mr I Conversion) and I will be finished.

I would have to say about 13 years ago. I would get comics,figures and then went to props...started with bios,then armor and now I make just about all my own pred stuff.

I started making my stuff about three years ago, and started collecting about a couple years ago. Preds, preds, preds, and more Preds

......never ends

---
Ei'luj

ive been a predator fan literally my whole life hell the movie came out the 3 years after i was born lol comics movies etc , but just this year hell has not even beena year about 6 months is when out the blue i wanted to make a predator costume found this place and now it consumes my every waking moment lol

I started out with Star Wars stuff back in '99, right around the time The Phantom Menace was released. Quickly got into the pred stuff too and it went downhill from there.

I seen the first Predator and Alien, Aliens with my dad when I was a kid and from then I started a small collection. I have just about all the old KB.toys Predators and Aliens toys they ever came out with. Then I got my first prop which was the Sideshow wolf bio, then an icon P1 bio, and now I'm making a full Predator costume, that I will wear at a local convention I'm going to in two months.

I started when I was in about Elementary School loved the Predator since its release in 1987 and I was born in 1983, so I was like 4 years old and my mom helped me get my first collectible of a Masters Die Cast Metal Predator at a toy convention that I still have to this day I have been collecting him ever since.

Kenner 10" Predator, 10" 10th Anniversary Edition of Aliens vs Predator (Kenner), McFarlance 12" P1 original and cloaked, 12" Scar, 10" Aliens vs Predator with Hive base, spear, shuriken, Original Script, Predator 2 cloaked mini bust, Posters, tons of comics, and I'm still collecting to this day. Now trying to build my suit and expand my collection.

ive been a predator fan literally my whole life hell the movie came out the 3 years after i was born lol comics movies etc , but just this year hell has not even beena year about 6 months is when out the blue i wanted to make a predator costume found this place and now it consumes my every waking moment lol
Oh man do I feel old, P1 came out 3 years after I graduated from High School. I'm old enough to have seen the preview of Star Wars, the first one. When it was just called Star Wars.
I've always liked predator but never collected much. I love making costumes so money wise, if it comes down to buying a collectable or a couple of yards of fabric, I go with the fabric.

i started being a fan when i was like 5 when my dad showed me the scene in P1 when pred takes off his bio and shouts at arnie back then i dident know what he was it was just split open mouth monster guy not pred
but now when AVPR came out is when it all took off with the collecting and the watching all of the pred and alien movies
then the london expo was where i saw my first pred costmes and i was like OMG!! I HAVE TO HAVE ONE!!!! then i found the lair and ive started my costume

ron

DUDE YOUR BETTER OFF TO MAKE ONE, IM 13 AND MINES PRETTY COOL, BETTER VERSIONS SOON TO COME
Is all caps necessary?

And i would but i dont know anything about sculpting.
I would buy a raw mask and spray paint it, as i have done so with many figures and sold them but not make a helmet. Too hard

Hmmm,let me see,I would have to say I bought my first Predator model/display back in 1999.It was the Predator w/spear on a tree with base that has 3 skulls in it.My second item was one that I wanted ever since I say P2,that was his Bio helmet.Finally got it in 2000 or 2001.Of course the list of Predator collectables is much longer and always growing.I mean there is always another cool prop out there to get.

Thanks Daren

I started with Toys, action figures way when I was old enough to hold something in my hand and not eat it as food. I never stop buying toys of any kind until I was broke.
With the Predator toys I've started since the Predator McFarlane came out. Lost track during AVP years since the movie came out but now I'm catching up with Hot Toys P1.
I started officially with all the Predator costuming/ prop making like 2 years ago. Its been an undying passion. I'm like "Hooked on Yautja"

I've been collecting my entire life. For the most part toys and comics. The first two Predators struck me at a young age. I admired their originality and for that reason (and many others) the films have stuck with me all this time. I've only recently found myself in a position to start collecting prop replicas and have now made an obsession of it.

Just started out in Feb actually... i had a marathon of Alien/Predator/AVP films to prepare myself for the game, and that was the first time I saw the predator films. Loved the creature ever since.

1977 after my first KISS show at madison square garden..
kiss76live.jpg

been costuming ever since :cry:

kiss76live.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back