What's up with all the fighting?

Hi,
Noticed several threads where people are being openly nasty to each other.
Mostly with no cause.
This is not limited to the crazy helmet threads where everything is on Def Con 4.
So what is irritating people so bad that they feel the need to strike out at people that could be friends?
We are here for our common interest.
This is just a hobby and is supposed to be fun.
Pi$$ing contests, in general, are not fun.
Anyone every hear of a concept called "unity"?
Or "Brotherly love"?
Or "Love thy neighbor as you do yourself"?
Just wondering.

....I think there's a lot of history between some of the "old timers" :p ...that us newer guys are not aware of.....hence the friction....then again, some guys just cruise around looking for a scrap.....

....at the end of the day tho, you just have to sit back and realize that we're just talking about lumps of resin here....it's not the end of the world... :)

you should have seen the EZboard days, There were times then there was so much flamin', that besides mods and admins, we also had a firebrigade :lol

I don't know what you mean. Compared to other boards I visit, it's very civil.

I have seen Moderators at other boards curse and dog people. What type of enviroment is that?

This place is pretty tame. If there are really peoblems, maybe we can set up cage matches at the conventions.. :D

FB

Originally posted by franz bolo@Jan 30 2006, 03:53 PM
I don't know what you mean. Compared to other boards I visit, it's very civil.

I have seen Moderators at other boards curse and dog people. What type of enviroment is that?

This place is pretty tame. If there are really peoblems, maybe we can set up cage matches at the conventions..  :D

FB
[snapback]1171786[/snapback]​

IIRC we tried that... "Flame Pit" comes to mind...

Curious -- is there a trend as to who is being indignant? Is it more so us old farts? Is it the new users? Is it a general mix?

(edited for typos)

Nuclear, are you looking to pick a fight about fighting?? HUH?? WHAT? Don't start nuthin' ya can't finish.... :angry

:love

I kid. :angel

Every message board has it's moments but this is a pretty civil place 90% of the time. Just don't say the r-word and you'll be OK. :)

Njc------------------

Originally posted by PHArchivist@Jan 30 2006, 11:05 AM

Curious -- is there a trend as to who is being indignant?  Is it more so us old farts?  Is it the new users?  Is it a general mix?

(edited for typos)

[snapback]1171799[/snapback]​

....definitely a mix....however, some old wounds seem not to have healed with some of the "lifers" and when ripped open...that's when things get real nasty.....

Originally posted by Noeland@Jan 30 2006, 04:09 PM
Nuclear, are you looking to pick a fight about fighting?? HUH?? WHAT? Don't start nuthin' ya can't finish....  :angry

I kid.  :angel

Every message board has it's moments but this is a pretty civil place 90% of the time. Just don't say the r-word and you'll be OK. :)

Njc------------------
[snapback]1171802[/snapback]​
Whats the R word? :D

I think it mainly comes down to too many people believing:
- two wrongs make a right.
- do unto others as they have done unto you.
- gang up on and dogpile anyone who doesn't agree with you.
- anyone who is not your friend is an enemy to be hated.
- you are right, appointed by God himself, and untouchable. Everyone else is dirt, stupid, and liars.
- the other guy MUST have some diabolical secret agenda.
- your worth is determined by the information you have and sharing that info reduces your worth. It must be guarded at all costs. Sharing is BAD BAD BAD.
- this board's single purpose is for you to show everyone else how great you are and the ONLY way to greatness is through showing how dumb and worthless those around you are.
- it is not a community or a hobby. It is a race and if you are not #1 then you are nobody.

Whew. Think that about covers it.

:lol ....Braks..ya gotta get t-shirts made with all of that on it and sell them in the JY......I'm in for one. :p

...nail on the head.

Originally posted by KevVader@Jan 30 2006, 12:20 PM
:lol ....Braks..ya gotta get t-shirts made with all of that on it and sell them in the JY......I'm in for one. :p

...nail on the head.
[snapback]1171855[/snapback]​

I'll take a half dozen or so. I want to send them out as gifts to few members.:D

Originally posted by Darth Domain+Jan 30 2006, 11:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darth Domain @ Jan 30 2006, 11:16 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Noeland
@Jan 30 2006, 04:09 PM
Nuclear, are you looking to pick a fight about fighting?? HUH?? WHAT? Don't start nuthin' ya can't finish....  :angry

Njc------------------
[snapback]1171849[/snapback]​
[/b]

recastededed

Originally posted by Darth Domain+Jan 30 2006, 11:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darth Domain @ Jan 30 2006, 11:16 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Noeland
@Jan 30 2006, 04:09 PM

Njc------------------
[snapback]1171849[/snapback]​
[/b]

A word that most even can't spell right. :D

i wondered the same thing apon first coming here, then i went to far with my questions, and now im not allowed to leave. :cry

no matter how many times i ad ed to the end of a word. :angel

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STARTING A THREAD LIKE THIS, YOU DANG NEWBIE......

THAT'S how fights get started. :lol

Some of the fighting has to do with "off topic" Posts being put in the prop forum. I suspect your thread will be moved soon.

Having said that; this is an established prop community and some of us have been here for over half a decade.

Many of of us tend to be a little short on patience when we see a seemingly predictable thread taking shape. What's new to you may be a dead horse to some making the mood of a given thread look, pissy.

There are also a number of children at the RPF mixing it up with the adults. The 2 can clash and we have no, "Adult Swim" here...

Then again, someone else already put it best.

Sometimes **** just happens. :rolleyes

Besides, who are you to question us with all of a few posts under your belt? Your post does read rather like a "one love" self righteous stoner who just smoked a bowl. Wait till some wack-job rips you off for three or 400.00 and see if your mood changes.

Kidding...sort of. :unsure

Amen, brother.

Originally posted by KevVader@Jan 30 2006, 07:42 AM
....at the end of the day tho, you just have to sit back and realize that we're just talking about lumps of resin here....it's not the end of the world... :)

boy oh boy.

i echo the ezboard days comment.

this board is on prozac, valium and lithium compared to those days :lol

it all boils down to one thing. no real life payback for typing out what you feel, i.e. keyboard cowboys.

feelings get hurt, items get recasteded again, and generally people fall into "camps" of "im right, you are wrong, and i hope you die".

i think the best ever way to express this is that red vs blue short of "real life vs the internet".

tossup between :
best quote ever - (Sarge) "YOU SUCK, AND I HOPE YOU GET RAPED. TWICE."
and
(Church (iirc) "HEY, GIVE ME THAT ALBUM NOW, JERK. ITS NOT ILLEGAL IF I DON'T WANT IT TO BE."

all in all, this place is the same as any club, bar, or general get-together of people in the same hobby. cept in real life if you called someone a recasting ******* you would probably get socked in the jaw. here you just "debates" that rehash old irritations.

chris

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back