What would you call the map from Time Bandits?

Straker

Sr Member
So I have a bit of an odd question guys; what would you call or name the map from Time Bandits without straight up just calling it "The Time Bandits Map"?

Reason I'm asking is because many props have names but aren't named specifically after the movie or television show they are in and I wanted to get a plaque made for my Time Bandits maps that are framed but didn't want to be so generic. I've tossed around things like "The T. Gilliam Creation Map" or "The Map of All creation" or "The Time Space Portal Map" but something is just missing and none of those names feel right.

What I wanna ask is, based on the movie what would the map be named? I'm kinda hoping to find something interesting and somewhat mysterious or puzzling in nature. Anyone?

Didn't they refer to it in the movie as the ''Map of the Universe''? Maybe not. I could be imagining that. (It wouldn't be the first time for me. :lol)

Yeah I kind of like "The Map of Creation" the same as Contec’s suggestion, but have dropped the “All” out of the title part, or just "Map of Creation".

I watched it about a 3 ro 4 weeks back on a rainy day and I do remember it been referred to as just, “the Map”.

The map I have is currently in getting framed, should have it by mid week.

Great suggestions guys. Another reason I'm asking is because I'm trying to come up with a design for a plaque for framing the maps I have and getting EricWong to make them up for me so Rassilon, this might be something neat for you to get. ^_^

Yeah is sure would be, I will take a photo of the one im getting framed and post a pic

Cool! I'm having my cousin help out with the design. We're going to try using the font from the film poster with the blocks and circles and lines like this: http://www.cardinalfang.net/songs/images/time_bandits.jpg I'd like to use some symbols from the map as well but I'm not sure if we can. I don't have any good looks at the graphics used on the real map and of course I don't want to copy them off someones replica.

Yeah I'm just getting the map of creation framed, and will hang it next to the pool table.

Have given the wall a fresh coat of paint, and also installed lights to highlight the map of creation.

Yeah I'm just getting the map of creation framed, and will hang it next to the pool table.

Have given the wall a fresh coat of paint, and also installed lights to highlight the map of creation.

Did you get a Jon Heilman map or the Magnoli map? Cause both of them make a hell of a good map. I want to get the Magnoli map as well. XD

I too recall hearing "Map of the Universe" in the film.

(Oh, and I'm actually the one who drew up the map Magnoli offers. It's a slightly different version of the map I did a few runs with here around...err...2005-ish?) :)

Well, I really like the suggestion of "Map of all creation" best. Really like that name. BTW, since I am new to the prop collection stuff, where can I find the best copy of this map that I can have printed up and framed for my house? keep in mind that I am really poor and cannot afford alot of stuff like some of you guys, LOL.

Thanx

I too recall hearing "Map of the Universe" in the film.

(Oh, and I'm actually the one who drew up the map Magnoli offers. It's a slightly different version of the map I did a few runs with here around...err...2005-ish?) :)

Did you? Cause i want to get his weathered one as well. i have the Heilman map framed right now and he weathered the hell out of it for me though that was before all the extra folds and wrinkles were really explored. If possible do you think you can pick out three or so really interesting symbols I can get rendered in vector to add to the plaque?

Well, I really like the suggestion of "Map of all creation" best. Really like that name. BTW, since I am new to the prop collection stuff, where can I find the best copy of this map that I can have printed up and framed for my house? keep in mind that I am really poor and cannot afford alot of stuff like some of you guys, LOL.

Thanx

I think that's what I'm going to use. I like the addition of "All" in the title simply because it adds some weight.

As for who makes the best? Man, all three makers here make a damned good map. Just looking at the link Exetor posted, that map is also a really killer piece. Really wonderful and deep and rich colors on it.

Exetor - there are a number of different versions. I'll throw mine into the mix:
http://www.therpf.com/f9/my-time-bandits-map-finished-printed-121862/

And like i said that is a damned fine looking map. Only thing is I'd like to find one that is more flexible and wrinkles easier in terms of material just so weathering can be made more intense. I'd love to find a fabric with properties more like a thick paper or parchment.

Don't think they ever said map of the universe. That's just what it has been referred to as. It's really a map of all the holes in the fabric of time and space that they were tasked with repairing.

Don't think they ever said map of the universe. That's just what it has been referred to as. It's really a map of all the holes in the fabric of time and space that they were tasked with repairing.

I don't know that they did either but "Universe" sounded all encompassing though "All Creation" sounds even more all encompassing since it was the holes in the fabric of time and space created by the supreme being even including more fantasy based places that don't exist normally.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back