What sabers do you wear to events?

I have never worn one of my sabers, but if I had to choose one based on comfort, I would probably go with a replica graflex or a resin copy of something.

I would be too afraid to wear anything else, SWFreak, I admire you for wearing your O, I love that saber, and even though I dont have a Larbel version, I cant imagine wearing it :)

Whatever you are comfortable wearing is probably the best way to go, maybe pick up a broken FX and detach the blade.

Take care,

Tom

aaaaachhhh I hate it when I hear stuff like "its too heavy" please reconsider the glorious pain of gravity. Soldiers are out there right now hefting 60 odd pounds...you can carry a 6lb lghtsaber ;) C'mon your jedi costume isnt armor....you can heft a saber for a while. Be a man, speak softely and carry a big stick :D

Originally posted by amish@Aug 22 2005, 09:52 PM
I would be too afraid to wear anything else, SWFreak, I admire you for wearing your O, I love that saber, and even though I dont have a Larbel version, I cant imagine wearing it :)
[snapback]1063458[/snapback]​

Trust me, I keep it closely guarded. I keep it tethered to my belt.

I've also worn my Larbel O and it has got a couple battle scars to prove it.

I've worn my Roman Mara Jade Mystery of the Sith saber too. I got that back way back. There are only a few out there so its pretty unique.

Nothing is better than the real deal, so to speak. I always wear my MR Dooku. It gets a lot of compliments. It's heavy, but I've grown used to wearing it. I put it back in the display case between gigs and it still looks good as new.

When I get tired of that, I also have a F/X Dooku I made that I carry. I gutted a Vader F/X and placed the electronics in a really ugly hollowed out resin Dooku hilt. The batteries are worn on a sweatband and lead down my wrist into the grip. :love

Parks only. I know how some people feel about parks around here. but they are better then any harware saber I own. Mr needs to make removable blasdes. THEN I will use thiers.

Originally posted by Durasteel Corporation@Aug 23 2005, 06:02 AM
aaaaachhhh  I hate it when I hear stuff like "its too heavy"  please reconsider the glorious pain of gravity.  Soldiers are out there right now hefting 60 odd pounds...you can carry a 6lb lghtsaber  ;)    C'mon your jedi costume isnt armor....you can heft a saber for a while.  Be a man, speak softely and carry a big stick  :D
[snapback]1063555[/snapback]​

Ach, I should clarify. I never meant that it was too heavy to carry -- just so heavy that it would cause the costume to look askew as one side of the belt would undoubtedly droop down with the weight of saber.

I guess the question is answered -- most people wear hollow (non MR) replicas or resin sabers.

I think if I was gonna do this, I'd use a resin copy of an MR saber.

Talk about heavy. I wear my Larbel EL Maul. Now that thing is heavy. I used to wear the one that the lifesize figure has but there's nothing like letting a kid hold a fullsizes metal saber when he tells you it's fake. (Kids relate metal to being real and plastic as toys, in my experience.)
:hat

Depends. I'll wear the MR OWK ROTS if I'm doing static shots, or don't want to bother with a blade. Otherwise, I've got a modified Parks OWK ROTS that I wear. They're both "heavy", but if you're going to do a costume, you should do it right and not worry about weight. The rest of the costume is frickin' uncomfortable, so what's an extra pound matter?

Originally posted by Jedidentist@Aug 25 2005, 01:36 AM
...They're both "heavy", but if you're going to do a costume, you should do it right and not worry about weight.  The rest of the costume is frickin' uncomfortable, so what's an extra pound matter?
[snapback]1064877[/snapback]​

Well, there's also the matter of potentially messing up the MR saber, many of which are becoming hard to replace or expensive to do soÂ…

Hey

I wear a Parks EL but without the EL if I go with my ROTJ Vader or a Icons ANH with my ANH Vader.

Greetings Guido

I have worn my home-made Obi-Wan TPM. Would classify as a custom, as I still have not stained or painted the black parts yet. I have also worn the Anakin AOTC/ROTS hybrid I made, but that one is sold now.

I have been asked by a board member to build an aluminum version of a MR saber he had, because the MR was too heavy. :unsure

If your belt droops you may want to consider adding extra support. I made my DM belt and the only thing keeping that up are some Sam Browne buttons and the leather loop to hide the buttons. I carry a custom DM saber that sits right around 8lbs. :)

Rudy G.

The last time I wore a saber, pre my empire days that haven't ended, it was a Obi saber ala Star Wars that I made. Light and not made of anything too valuable. It was also partially hollow as the main component was a chunk of wood. I dropped it MANY times, and I'm surprised the emiiter, a brass candlestick head, hasn't broken despite all the bends. I don't have any MR saber save for my smashed Vader, but may wear a fanmade Mace witha covertec someday.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back