What sabers do you wear to events?

I gutted an MR Vader FX for my hilt (carefully took it apart so it still works), but i still carry another FX for indoors/night events.

I wear a resin copy of the TPM/AOTC OWK saber with my OWK Clone Wars costume. I did have a problem where the Covertec came out of the saber, but I fixed it and so far that has held through several hours of wear. I paid about $60 for it which is much less than the $525 for the MR Elite Edition TPM or the ~$800 that the MR AOTC sabers go for now.

When I get around to doing a Dooku, I hope to find a resin or something similar because I don't want to use my $800 MR.

Now, if I was doing a static photo shoot, I would use the MR; but if I'm walking around and might be running into things or have people running into me, I will wear something else.

BTW, I think there may be legal repercussion from re-casting an MR saber.

MR ep3 anakin FX, converted so the blade is removeable.

if you just want the hilt... take the batteries out and its light as a feather.

but its still pretty light with the batteries in, and i put a piece of electrical tape near where the blade starts to come out of the emmiter and it holds suprisingly well, it only shot out when i swung it back and forth litterally as hard as i could, i think if it woulda hit someone it might have killed them.

but normal swingign and twirling it works suprisingly well...

you can do this trick with the ep5 vader FX as well

I have a Graflex replica converted to a decent Anikin ROTS that I hang on my belt. Though people have commented as to why I have 2 since I carry my Force FX around.

Well I wear any one of my sabers to events. Mostly my MR Dooku. I have also worn my Larbel O on occasion, and my daughter even uses my Parks MJ (under careful supervision). The weight doesn't bother me as much as the temperature of some of my costumes, so I don't use a lighter resin version. Besides if you're gonna wear a costume that is expensive (to buy or make), then you might as well wear the Hero version. I say go all out, show what you got....

Later,
JC

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back