What movie have you only seen ONCE, but everyone else a million times?

James Kenobi 1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Tonight 'The Dark Knight' is on TNT and as I switched over from watching 'Family Guy' to catch the last 20 minutes I realized I've only seen it one time. I rented it when it first hit DVD, never bought a copy.

What movies have you only seen ONCE that everyone else here on the RPF has probably seen a million times ?

Funny enough, The Dark Knight, as I didn't like it much. I might see it again as I liked Batman Begins.

Iron Man was another, and The Thing.

Avatar. Yes it was pretty (and set new heights for CGI), but in my honest opinion, it was terrible. I think I would have enjoyed it more had it not been as hyped up as it was. I went in expecting brilliance from every aspect and it failed to deliver.

Sorry. :(

I've still never seen either of the 'Hellboy' movies, mostly because I didn't see them in the theater, all the Blockbusters around here are closed, and I have movie channels on cable so I don't use Netflix.

Ah. Another "Let's ***** on good movies" thread in disguise. Awesome! So let's see, Blade Runner and Avatar have already been taken. I'm going to go with, oh, let's say, 2001. Because we all know what a steaming pile of horse ***** that was. Keep 'em coming!

Ah. Another "Let's ***** on good movies" thread in disguise. Awesome!

Not my intention.

I actually really like 'The Dark Knight', I was just really surprised that I had only seen it once. I meant to buy it, I have 'Batman Begins', I just never did.

No ulterior motives.

Batman Begins. (hated it)
The Dark Knight. (liked it so so)
The Lord of The Rings.
Star Wars (any of them). (Not bad films haven't seen them since I was very young.
Indiana Jones. (any of them) (Same as Star Wars.)
Cowboys & Aliens. (Second worst film ever made.)
Super 8. (Not bad could have been a lot better)
Ghostbusters. They are fun films.
Back to the future. (any of them). Same as Ghostbusters.

Last edited:
Cowboys & Aliens. (Second worst film ever made.)
Super 8. (Not bad could have been a lot better)

A movie like 'Super 8' or 'Cowboys and Aliens' isn't what I was thinking, because they are in theaters still and not even on DVD yet.

I was thinking movies that over the years many in the RPF have probably seen many, many times because of the community we have here. Like 'Ghostbusters' in a favorite of mine and over the years I've seen it hundreds of times. Conversely I'm surprised that I've only seen 'Blade Runner' a few times despite the fact I loved it and find it a brilliant movie.

I was just really struck thinking about how so many here have probably seen 'The Dark Knight' many times considering it's on DVD but I had only seen it once, especially considering how popular the props and costumes are on the RPF.

A movie like 'Super 8' or 'Cowboys and Aliens' isn't what I was thinking, because they are in theaters still and not even on DVD yet.

I was thinking movies that over the years many in the RPF have probably seen many, many times because of the community we have here. Like 'Ghostbusters' in a favorite of mine and over the years I've seen it hundreds of times. Conversely I'm surprised that I've only seen 'Blade Runner' a few times despite the fact I loved it and find it a brilliant movie.

I was just really struck thinking about how so many here have probably seen 'The Dark Knight' many times considering it's on DVD but I had only seen it once, especially considering how popular the props and costumes are on the RPF.

I would reckon to bet that you have seen Ghostbusters so many times because it is a fun make you feel good film compared to the seriousness of say.... Blade Runner. Both good flicks, but the one is much more lighthearted fun.

I think this thread lends itself to movies people didn't like. I mean, why watch a movie you didn't like, more than once?

Anyway, the reason I didn't like Blade Runner is that I'm not a fan of dark movies. Not dark themed, just 'dark'. Films like Dark City and those Underworld movies don't do it for me because I don't like having to squint to see what's going on.

Also I am not a fan of Sean Young because I think she's in the Nicole Kidman league of Wooden Actors, and Rutger Hauer is passing OK. Bleak future movies aren't my bag either.

It's a pretty gun he's got though.

Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection... I bought the quadrilogy for myself last Christmas. Watched all of the films in order and followed up with the bonus disks. I had seen parts of Alien when I was about 13 and was interested in seeing how everything happened before Aliens, and I was completely blown away! I followed up with Aliens, by that time thinking “Boy, these can only get better!”… Woah, how I was wrong…

Alien 3 was ok, but what made me almost turn it off 20 minutes in was that Hicks and Newt were killed off at the beginning. I also didn’t like how a CGI Alien was used… It looked better as a costume (And everything always does-That’s why I love older movies from before my generation so much)

Alien: Resurrection… I’ll just leave it there…

I've only watched I am number 4 once and that was because it was a free movie and because it was a steaming pile of ****. I barely got through it.

Avatar. Yes it was pretty (and set new heights for CGI), but in my honest opinion, it was terrible. I think I would have enjoyed it more had it not been as hyped up as it was. I went in expecting brilliance from every aspect and it failed to deliver.
Avatar would be my first choice as well. Decent CGI, and the only recent film I've seen in 3D, but the lackluster story made me wonder why so many people were ranting and raving about it--it took only a few seconds for me to realize people were so distracted by the effects that they didn't care about the story. :unsure

Another completely overrated movie was Home Alone (1990). Not only were my buddy and I the only people in the theater not laughing hysterically, neither of us laughed even once. If you want to see that type of physical humor done right, watch any Buster Keaton movie.

Scarface (1983). Aside from some very quotable lines, it's rubbish from start to finish and easily one of Pacino's worst performances.

Mad Max (1979). I honestly don't know what anyone sees in this film, and it's one of only two movies I've ever walked out on.

The Fast and the Furious (2001). I suppose this franchise could be considered the second coming of those 70s "car chase" films like Gone in 60 Seconds and Vanishing Point, but I grew up in the heyday of the American muscle cars and this film didn't do it for me.

Ghostbusters (1984). Yes, that Ghostbusters. For a "comedy", it's mildly amusing at best; the only good thing about it is the Ectomobile. To be honest, I've actually seen it two or three times, but I'm probably one of the few who thought Ghostbusters II was a better film (but not by much).

Pulp Fiction for me. Everyone i know like worships that movie. i finally watched it a few months back and didn't think it was anything special. Maybe its just me, but i'm not a huge Tarantino fan.

Ah. Another "Let's ***** on good movies" thread in disguise. Awesome! So let's see, Blade Runner and Avatar have already been taken. I'm going to go with, oh, let's say, 2001. Because we all know what a steaming pile of horse ***** that was. Keep 'em coming!

Blade Runner and Avatar shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back