What is your “Holy Grail” of movie props?

Actually none of that is correct.
A close friend of mine owns All the T Rex heads and life size dinosaurs including several Raptors from all 3 films and everything that SW has at his studio. The pictures above are his things. He is a tv director for Disney. He in the group shot of the photo above. Scarefactory owns none of it. It is only stored there temporarily. Some of it well most of his private collection was stored there including all the J Park heads. His private collection is almost 30 million and he owns most every film prop. Most.
This is why I love the RPF.

There were 2 boats used in the film
Thats correct ye, orca 2 was a prop boat i think, i think steven speilberg tried to save the orca 1 hero boat way back but it was too far gone on the universal studio set after many years and was destroyed sadly if i read correctly.

Part true. The original orca was actually sold to a fisherman in California where it went on to be used as a fishing boat. After the film became such a block buster Universal attempted to buy it back. Finally after a crazy price (10x) more than they sold it to him for the bought it back.
it’s spent the rest of its days at Universal where it eventually rotted away and finally destroyed and removed.

The prop boat or sinking boat used in the ending and as the boat starts to obtain water was left at MV. It had tanks on the side to make it sink or rise. It was sold to a local who wanted to use it or the fibreglass for a storage shed. It was to costly to ship back to LA. It was sold for $1.
True story.
after people found its location they picked at it over time. The owner finally cut it up and sold pieces and the rest is history.

no boats no sharks have survived the film

The ROTJ Vader Reveal would be mine.One of the most iconic props of the OT and only 1 was made.

00000000000000.jpg

The ABSOLUTE holiest of grails:
'Scotty' uniform costume from Star Trek (Any would be great but preferably not a TMP cat suit though! haha!)
Props specifically used by the great man himself.

Grails but not QUITE as holy:
Battlestar Galactica Adama, Cain & Tigh Duty Blues costumes, Tyrol orange coveralls
Geordi La Forge Duty Uniform from Star Trek: TNG Seasons 3-7 (a Visor would be great with this!)
Master and Commander: TFSOTW Complete Cpt. Jack Aubrey (Russell Crowe) Uniform

I'm sure that if I tried I could think of more impressive and unobtainable things I'd prefer to have but the fun is the feeling that one day....... just maybe......

My Holy Grail would be Chalton Hestons hat from when he played Long John Silver

Attachments

• IMG-20210307-WA0004.jpeg
    IMG-20210307-WA0004.jpeg
    20.1 KB · Views: 119
If you could own one single screen used prop from any movie, what would it be? Mine would either be the hanging tree hero puppet from the Nightmare Before Christmas or the Scarecrow costume from the Wizard of Oz. I would love to hear everybody else's dream movie props.
Mine would be the excalibur from the 1981 movie, highlander dragon katana from first movie and Duncan's katana from season 1

Mine would be the excalibur from the 1981 movie, highlander dragon katana from first movie and Duncan's katana from season 1
Same here! but throw in the Conan Atlantean Sword.

Or I would be content with owning the original of any one of my very favorite Scifi Props,

Attachments

• 2EozwWgVS5iNgcaidK3JPw.jpg
    2EozwWgVS5iNgcaidK3JPw.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 170
  • E9OiDZNyTkeONV8BSNPNOA.jpg
    E9OiDZNyTkeONV8BSNPNOA.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Mine is either an original screen-used hero Red or Green Ranger helmet. I’m prepared to be on the hunt until the day I die!

This is the one thing, either one, that would mean EVERYTHING to me! This would be my dream come true!

Attachments

• F4D3938B-1EB0-4C00-AB33-04439F21EFA2.jpeg
    F4D3938B-1EB0-4C00-AB33-04439F21EFA2.jpeg
    263.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 6E1ACEFF-386F-4CA6-8FAE-B14B014A5758.jpeg
    6E1ACEFF-386F-4CA6-8FAE-B14B014A5758.jpeg
    184.9 KB · Views: 112
Feels weird referring to it as a prop, but an original Kermit the Frog puppet would be incredible.

Alternatively, any of the original JP animatronics.

the core form the movie event horizon would be my holy grail love this movie
A man after my own heart. I'd have to go with one of the EVA suits. I do know the gravity drive exists as bits and pieces now as I've seen some of the discs and the spikes from the outer ring in my trips around the net.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back