What do i do if i have been RIPPED OFF by a RPFer?

Good show...Thanks my friend :)

Originally posted by jedivigneri@Jan 20 2006, 10:07 AM
I WAS WRONG about JIKAWA, i thought PROMETHEUS was telling me that he was ripped by JIKAWA, and the wording in email got missinterpreted. 

Originally posted by Galactifan@Jan 20 2006, 03:33 PM
..... Timely updated emails should not be a burden on a seller's part, but an expected part of doing business. I don't care what personal problems a seller experiences they should keep their personal life seperate and do business professionally....... All anyone really wants is what they paid for. Thank you.
[snapback]1163954[/snapback]​

....Very well said. I agree 110%. If you're willing and able to take someone's money, you should be willing and able to deliver....

ya, a chinese australian...how could i have been so stupid..ugh...curt

Originally posted by darth_manu@Jan 20 2006, 09:05 PM
If i remembered correctly, i was going to buy a set of those armors as well.
i believe hes a chinese guy from his pics?
[snapback]1163983[/snapback]​

Man, when I first started reading this thread, I about had a heart attack. Several years ago, one of my first successful transactions was with Jikawa, back on the old board when I was known as the "Chicken Head." Good to see that cleared up.

That sucks man, the worst thing is, if he doesn't have the funds in his paypal account, they'll just shut him down, but you won't get your refund. I really hope you get your product, and this really is the result of dumb shipping.

Cheers.
Mike

Hey, if a box shows up i will be the first to post,BELIEVE ME, but i can tell i have been duped. Everything just feels wrong with this guy and he knew just what to say and when...hes purdy slick that NJO DEADLY. That ok, im gonna be his cyber stalker now...curt

Originally posted by Galactifan@Jan 20 2006, 08:33 PM
It seems to me from reading the above posts that the item purchased may eventually show up, but the buyer is very frustrated with the lack of customer service on the seller's part. It seems odd to me that ANYONE would ship an expensive item without some type of tracking information. I'll rephrase that...it's just plain DUMB. I'm not sure why the seller didn't include this tracking delivery in the price of his item (maybe he did). Hopefully, the item will show up and all will be happy, however, the real problem that I see here is in customer service. Timely updated emails should not be a burden on a seller's part, but an expected part of doing business. I don't care what personal problems a seller experiences they should keep their personal life seperate and do business professionally. Please note that this is my general opinion and NOT directed at this particular buyer or seller. Keep in mind, it's your had earned money and you should expect to be dealt with professionally from any seller. All anyone really wants is what they paid for. Thank you.

I ordered a set of this armor from him Dec. 3rd and he emailed me a couple of days ago asking if I received it.
I pm'd him that I had not and I have heard nothing back.

This sucks I have done like fifty deals with RPF'ers and never had a problem.

chris

screwed by ds props.hi im john i blindly mailed john campbell of ds props of austrialia a 1000.00for a working sandman pistol.this guy had a million excuses for not mailing the prop then stopped contacting me.he has reaped the rewards offf my sweat and is considered scum on my part.do not send for replicas or props from austrialia.....this guy poked me .i cannot drag his name enough thru the mud.if someone knows where he is attempting to sell ds guns please contact me.....jp529@sbcglobal.net

Originally posted by jp529@Jan 20 2006, 06:03 PM
do not send for replicas or props from austrialia.....
[snapback]1164103[/snapback]​

? :confused

Um. How did we get here? Not that I know where "Austrialia" is, mind you.

Look, vigneri, it's very possible you've been screwed--by the postal system, intentionally by this njo guy, or by your own lack of foresight. It's also possible that not enough time has gone by for your package to ship. One month from Oz (presumably to the US?) is not that long, particularly when packages get searched. It certainly sounds like you've not been treated kindly, and that's too bad.

People need to keep that anti-other country vibe out of this thread. The RPF is not the US, and is not populated exclusively by Americans living there. People make international transactions in the Junkyard all the time without any problems. It also distracts from what might be a real case of an RPF member ripping off another.

Might be.

I hope you get your package, jv--and that, if/when you do get it, it's what you expected.

Hey Chris, If you paid with paypal then we can help each other wrench our money back from the skank. PM me... glad im not the only one. And yeah, 1.5 months is plenty of time for customs, etc. This guy is a TOTAL con. Ive had stuff show up from australia faster then from illinois more then once. Maybe this will help JP529 to...sorry about ur 1k lost to maybe the same guy...ill never buy from anyone i cant fly in n wrap my fingers around the throat of again...that for sure....curt

Originally posted by jedivigneri+Jan 20 2006, 09:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jedivigneri @ Jan 20 2006, 09:30 PM)</div>
Hey, if a box shows up i will be the first to post,BELIEVE ME,  but i can tell i have been duped.  Everything just feels wrong with this guy and he knew just what to say and when...hes purdy slick that NJO DEADLY.  That ok, im gonna be his cyber stalker now...curt

<!--QuoteBegin-Galactifan
@Jan 20 2006, 08:33 PM
It seems to me from reading the above posts that the item purchased may eventually show up, but the buyer is very frustrated with the lack of customer service on the seller's part. It seems odd to me that ANYONE would ship an expensive item without some type of tracking information. I'll rephrase that...it's just plain DUMB. I'm not sure why the seller didn't include this tracking delivery in the price of his item (maybe he did). Hopefully, the item will show up and all will be happy, however, the real problem that I see here is in customer service. Timely updated emails should not be a burden on a seller's part, but an expected part of doing business. I don't care what personal problems a seller experiences they should keep their personal life seperate and do business professionally. Please note that this is my general opinion and NOT directed at this particular buyer or seller. Keep in mind, it's your had earned money and you should expect to be dealt with professionally from any seller. All anyone really wants is what they paid for. Thank you.
[snapback]1164009[/snapback]​
[/b]

Originally posted by jp529@Jan 21 2006, 11:03 AM
screwed by ds props.hi im john i blindly mailed john  campbell of ds props of austrialia a 1000.00for a working sandman pistol.this guy had a million excuses for not mailing the prop then stopped contacting me.he has reaped the rewards offf my sweat and is considered scum on my part.do not send for replicas or props from austrialia.....this guy poked me .i cannot drag his name enough thru the mud.if someone knows where he is attempting to sell ds guns please contact me.....jp529@sbcglobal.net
[snapback]1164103[/snapback]​

Again...Ease up on the Aussie connection. Damn.

Its really sad when you get ripped off by a board member :(

Its only ever happened to me once, not so long ago by a member on the rpb.
I don't know how these people sleep at night.

Keith.

Well, I'm an AUSSIE, and an honest trustworthy occasional RPF and Ebay seller too btw.

Sure there are some bad eggs amongst us, but we ain't all bad :angry

What is sad is that I have had successful transactions with no problems with
some of the worst banned members.Wolfmorgan among them.
The longest time I waited was one and a half years ,but the artisan did come through.I got the Vader revealfrom wolf, I received the mask and dome from Lann Jenn. I even finally received all my parts from EDC.
So I guess it is just my timeto get screwed.

chris

Curt,

If you paid with a credit card through Paypal, you can file with your credit card company for a chargeback, and they should refund your money.

Originally posted by jedivigneri+Jan 20 2006, 06:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jedivigneri @ Jan 20 2006, 06:44 PM)</div>
Hey Chris, If you paid with paypal then we can help each other wrench our money back from the skank.  PM me... glad im not the only one.  And yeah, 1.5 months is plenty of time for customs, etc. This guy is a TOTAL con. Ive had stuff show up from australia faster then from illinois more then once.  Maybe this will help JP529 to...sorry about ur 1k lost to maybe the same guy...ill never buy from anyone i cant fly in n wrap my fingers around the throat of again...that for sure....curt

Originally posted by jedivigneri@Jan 20 2006, 09:30 PM
Hey, if a box shows up i will be the first to post,BELIEVE ME,  but i can tell i have been duped.  Everything just feels wrong with this guy and he knew just what to say and when...hes purdy slick that NJO DEADLY.  That ok, im gonna be his cyber stalker now...curt

<!--QuoteBegin-Galactifan
@Jan 20 2006, 08:33 PM

[snapback]1164009[/snapback]​
[snapback]1164169[/snapback]​
[/b]

According to the information on the Australia Post website it says 2-4 weeks, has it actually been longer than that?

You also need to take into account that the box probably sat around for 2 weeks over Christmas and it may well be sitting in a customs hall in the US waiting clearance.

I sent a box from the UK to Las Vegas on 22nd December with Royal Mail ParcelForce (airmail) that should have arrived sometime between Christmas & New Year, but didn't even arrive in the States until Jan 8th and then sat in some customs hall in Texas until it was delivered on the 20th Jan.

If the guy who sent the parcel to you has a Certificate of Posting (or similar) he can email you a copy, at least you know that he actually sent it. If Australia Post are similar to Royal Mail then they won't even consider the item lost until 6 weeks have passed.

If it's been sent by surface by mistake it could take 3 months.

I wouldn't give up hope yet. :)

You also have 45 days to make a claim via PayPal, you don't need to be too hasty with that either.

Several people in this thread have made easy generalisations about 'foreigners' in this thread and it looks like you are being panicked into taking action that may not be necessary. To the rest of the world you Americans are the 'foreigners' and if Hollywood is to be believed all Americans are members of gangs, the Mafia or live in a wasteland surrounded by mutants and zombies and every one of you carries a gun including infants.

Why not email the guy saying you'll be filing a claim with PayPal if he doesn't send you a scan of the Certificate of Posting?

Bravo...

Originally posted by gokarosama@Jan 20 2006, 07:44 PM
People need to keep that anti-other country vibe out of this thread.  The RPF is not the US, and is not populated exclusively by Americans living there.  People make international transactions in the Junkyard all the time without any problems.
[snapback]1164130[/snapback]​

Last edited by a moderator:
i apoligize for the austrialia remark.it was wrong.please accept my apologies fellow aussie members im just mad cause this guy did not deliver and he wont he has burned other members here too again i am sorry
jp529

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back