What do i do if i have been RIPPED OFF by a RPFer?

NO, no no....

This is NOT Jikawa. I know him personally and you've got the wrong name there.

He was one of the first members I met here in person and one of the most honorable... I would trust him implicitly. I've had many many dealings with him...all went perfectly. He is pleasant, warm,friendly and curteous.

He is now going by the screen name Prometheus...
He doesn't live in Australia. He used to live in the Bay Area Ca. and now in HK.

Again....You got the wrong guy.

What's the screen name of the guy you bought from???

Originally posted by jedivigneri@Jan 19 2006, 11:09 PM
Sorry kids, gloves are off, its official.

Former board member "JIKAWA" is back as "NJO DEADLY" and is a FULL FLEDGED RIPOFF CON tucked safe an comfy in australia and preying on our prop community.  Id love to see a happy post by mr. deadly aka RAYMOND LEUNG. 

curt

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm not all Aussies are bad

I have talked with Ray on MSN quite a few times... he seems alright to me. But then I haven't bought anything from him, so I cannot comment.

Well, within this thread are reasons why not to think a member rating system would be effective.

I think Chesty hit on something when he said "voluntary".

My intent is not to beat jedivigneri when he's down BUT

In this case the wrong member has been outed. Very very bad form. Hopefully an apology and explaination will be forth coming.

If lack preparation for this thread is any indication of the foresight used in making this purchase, it appears some of the responsibiility for failure may rest on the shoulders of the buyer.

What's the deal with no insurance? Sure, it's nice when the seller offers or even requires insurance but ultimately it is the buyer's responsibility to do all he can to protect his investment. If the vader armor was offered at a great price, certainly there should have been funds available to insure that good deal and still consider it a bargain.

Evidently from what the seller has said, he does have a receipt for the shipment. Has he scanned and forwarded a copy to jedivigneri? If a valid receipt exists then both buyer and seller may be victims of circumstances beyond there control. Hopefully if this is the case the seller will work with the buyer to share in the loss.

My intent is not to beat jedivigneri when he's down. I feel his pain and frustration. I do commend him very much so for coming forward early in the process. He is one of the first to speak out early enough to hopefully keep a number of others from a bad experience.

Dr S. mentions a number of rather historical rip offs of RPF members. One of the main reasons they are so well remembered along with several others is because of the volume of business that was done before anyone complained.

There are at least two threads on the first page of this forum involving multiple members not receiving thousands of dollars worth of merchandise. In both cases the seller happily operated for months if not years before any one spoke up.

If another thread is started on RPF seller feedback. I will be delighted to offer my 2 cents. I loath rip offs. I am very concerned over what appears to be a historically reoccurring pattern of bad dealers on the RPF. There seems to be a metamorphosis-like process that results in regular hosts of victims. If we can find a way to recognize signs in the stages of this lousy process maybe we can find ways to better safeguard members.

Originally posted by jedivigneri@Jan 20 2006, 04:15 AM
"
You must understand that once i ship it off the post office takes over, i have a receipt of the shipment. As soon as i locate you will be the first to know. Besides that i can do nothing else I have had no problems with sending items to the states using Economy Air before."
[snapback]1163433[/snapback]​

I know here in the States there's Air Parcel and Economy Parcel, I've never heard of Economy Air. Maybe it's an Australian thing, I don't know. If he's talking about Economy Parcel then that's surface mail, it usually takes around 4-6 weeks. If he has the shipping reciept then ask him to send a scan of it, no need to jump the gun just yet.

Originally posted by Prometheus@Jan 20 2006, 04:22 AM
Thank you Synasp and Sporak for coming to my defense..
[snapback]1163533[/snapback]​

I've also purchased an item from Prometheus. He was a stand up and honorable guy. :)

Originally posted by ReelManiac@Jan 20 2006, 03:59 AM
I know here in the States there's Air Parcel and Economy Parcel, I've never heard of Economy Air. Maybe it's an Australian thing, I don't know. If he's talking about Economy Parcel then that's surface mail, it usually takes around 4-6 weeks. If he has the shipping reciept then ask him to send a scan of it, no need to jump the gun just yet.
[snapback]1163553[/snapback]​

Economy Air is an Australian thing, yes.

Originally posted by KevVader+Jan 20 2006, 04:40 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KevVader @ Jan 20 2006, 04:40 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-franz bolo
@Jan 19 2006, 10:36 PM

I wish their would be a ranking in your profile stating how many items you've sold in the JY and a feedback rating. This would help people decide if they want to take a chance on an item.

[snapback]1163397[/snapback]​

....that does sound like a good idea....may be a nightmare to administer/manage tho....
[snapback]1163403[/snapback]​
[/b]

That would still not represent people outside the US very well.
There are local boards and auction sites in other countries. Myself, I have sold more stuff on them than on this board. Not all of these people are here.

I think that if there is going to be a ratings system, then that should be based on comments.
ASAP used to have a "Vendor feedback" board, where also individual users were listed, but they removed it for some reason. RPB still has one, but it is not as big (= useful) as ASAP's was.

Can either the original poster or a Moderator modify the post that names Jikawa as the bad seller? It would be a shame to have Prometheus go through any troubles because of this.

Otherwise, I would love a feeback system on buyers/sellers for the junkyard. Even a seperate are where people can discuss their dealings.

I WAS WRONG about JIKAWA, i thought PROMETHEUS was telling me that he was ripped by JIKAWA, and the wording in email got missinterpreted. JIKAWA/PROMETHEUS is the same guy and he is a VERY reputable RPF member and is not in AUSTRALIA. MY TOTAL APOLOGY to this board member who is trying to help me with info on the bad trader.

The problem still is NJO DEADLY, who i am sure will just change his board name now... so how do we keep the rpf safe from ebay type scammers is my real issue now... im only out 200 clams, but if there is a scumbag out there that thinks he can cash in on collectors here ill post about him every day for years....curt

Originally posted by amish@Jan 20 2006, 01:41 PM
Can either the original poster or a Moderator modify the post that names Jikawa as the bad seller?  It would be a shame to have Prometheus go through any troubles because of this.

Otherwise, I would love a feeback system on buyers/sellers for the junkyard.  Even a seperate are where people can discuss their dealings.
[snapback]1163627[/snapback]​

I have spent LOTS of money all over the world through the RPF and have gotten lots of KOOL stuff from australia, the UK, Germany. SO of course not all foreign traders are rip artists....just NJO DEADLY.
curt

Originally posted by jedivigneri+Jan 20 2006, 03:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jedivigneri @ Jan 20 2006, 03:07 PM)</div>
I WAS WRONG about JIKAWA, i thought PROMETHEUS was telling me that he was ripped by JIKAWA, and the wording in email got missinterpreted.  JIKAWA/PROMETHEUS is the same guy and he is a VERY reputable RPF member and is not in AUSTRALIA. MY TOTAL APOLOGY to this board member who is trying to help me with info on the bad trader.

The problem still is NJO DEADLY, who i am sure will just change his board name now... so how do we keep the rpf safe from ebay type scammers is my real issue now... im only out 200 clams, but if there is a scumbag out there that thinks he can cash in on collectors here ill post about him every day for years....curt

<!--QuoteBegin-amish
@Jan 20 2006, 01:41 PM
Can either the original poster or a Moderator modify the post that names Jikawa as the bad seller?  It would be a shame to have Prometheus go through any troubles because of this.

Otherwise, I would love a feeback system on buyers/sellers for the junkyard.  Even a seperate are where people can discuss their dealings.
[snapback]1163627[/snapback]​
[snapback]1163672[/snapback]​
[/b]

Originally posted by jedivigneri@Jan 21 2006, 12:07 AM
I WAS WRONG about JIKAWA, i thought PROMETHEUS was telling me that he was ripped by JIKAWA, and the wording in email got missinterpreted.  JIKAWA/PROMETHEUS is the same guy and he is a VERY reputable RPF member and is not in AUSTRALIA. MY TOTAL APOLOGY to this board member who is trying to help me with info on the bad trader.
jedivigneri: May I suggest (as amish did) that you go back to your original "the gloves are off" post and edit it accordingly? It's cool that in your recent post (#31) you are publicly correcting your mistaken accusation about jikawa, but some people may not read the entire thread and may never see your retraction. ;)

jedivigneri has apologise to me in private.
We are on good terms.
Thank you Curt for apologising in public too.
I will continue to find out what happened to your transaction with Raymond.

Sorry to intervens on your thread, but this is something I found that is a good template for feedback:

THIS PLACE is a very good idea.

I've read a lot of reviews and it gives a good background on some people.

HERE is the main site.

FB

I will fix the original post and also to answer the basic questions

1) The item was offered on the rpf as "1 of 3 sets of screen accurate vader armor available 200.00 SHIPPED" nice price huh?

2) I would have offered to pay for insurance but was given a set price. What numbskull would ship a valuable item like that without insurance. As i said, i have NEVER had a rpf problem before, so it didnt cross my mind. Now im not gonna deal with anybody i cant fly to an address of in a few hours. I hope ray makes a honorary plaque over his bookshelf or something in his house i have paid for...curt

Originally posted by Prometheus@Jan 20 2006, 03:13 PM
jedivigneri has apologise to me in private.
We are on good terms.
Thank you Curt for apologising in public too.
I will continue to find out what happened to your transaction with Raymond.
[snapback]1163680[/snapback]​

The problem still is NJO DEADLY, who i am sure will just change his board name now...

Just to clear up this point... members can't change their board name on their own. One of the staff has to do it for them upon request.

Originally posted by Got Maul+Jan 20 2006, 03:48 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Got Maul @ Jan 20 2006, 03:48 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Durasteel Corporation
@Jan 19 2006, 09:43 PM
I wish their would be a ranking in your profile stating how many items you've sold in the JY and a feedback rating. This would help people decide if they want to take a chance on an item

wow, very good idea.
[snapback]1163409[/snapback]​

that would be a cool idea...harkens back to the days of Mara Jades Father buyer rating site .. That's memories . Heck, that's when we were small enough to keep everyone rated ..
[snapback]1163414[/snapback]​
[/b]

I aggree.....

Originally posted by DrStranglove@Jan 20 2006, 06:04 AM
Sadly, being ripped off by a fellow RPF’ers is nothing new.  Universal Armor, Paul Francis aka PaulF2000, Guy Raz aka Razmeister, Tim Pinata (sp?) aka Jedi135, Charles Wallis aka EDC, WolfMorganX, Greg Stone, Rob Durham aka Razor Rob, etc… were ALL RPF’ers at one point or another.
[snapback]1163483[/snapback]​
I shipped 2 expensive helmets to the USA on 30th Oct by sea, took 9 weeks and one by air took 3 weeks. I know customs can be a nightmare and I was well worried that I would get a bad rap for it even though I had done everything I said I would do
Peronaly I would pay the extra and insist on Tracking and Airmail with insurance for any parcel.
hope it turns up though

Doug

It seems to me from reading the above posts that the item purchased may eventually show up, but the buyer is very frustrated with the lack of customer service on the seller's part. It seems odd to me that ANYONE would ship an expensive item without some type of tracking information. I'll rephrase that...it's just plain DUMB. I'm not sure why the seller didn't include this tracking delivery in the price of his item (maybe he did). Hopefully, the item will show up and all will be happy, however, the real problem that I see here is in customer service. Timely updated emails should not be a burden on a seller's part, but an expected part of doing business. I don't care what personal problems a seller experiences they should keep their personal life seperate and do business professionally. Please note that this is my general opinion and NOT directed at this particular buyer or seller. Keep in mind, it's your had earned money and you should expect to be dealt with professionally from any seller. All anyone really wants is what they paid for. Thank you.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back