What costumes are you working on?

Currently working on my costume for Denver Comic Con - The Middleman!

I have nearly all the parts assembled. It's weird to be mostly buying parts and assembling them, rather than building. There are a few parts I'm making (belt, pouches, BTRS scanner), but since this one is largely regular clothes with a very specific jacket, it was mostly about finding pieces that are close enough.

Hello everyone, this is my first post, seemed a good place to start! I'm working on a costume of Van Pelt, the hunter from Jumanji. It's first outing will be for my friend's Villain themed birthday party tomorrow, although I'm going to continue working on it afterwards to make it more accurate to the movie costume. I'll post up some pictures of me wearing it after the weekend, probably on Sunday. Until then here's most of it (still need to get the boots and cape tomorrow morning!) hanging up.

View attachment 326191 View attachment 326192

Got most of the bits from a great army surplus/militaria store near me. The pith helm isn't quite right. I'm using a white one because I already had it, but will get one the correct colour in the near future. The spike on top is one I made using a 3D printing service (made the digital model myself) out of hard plastic and painted with metallic paint as I could not find a real one available.

Just finished my Phantom of the Opera (stage version) costume... at least until I find something else I want to change!

EvilAshLives

IMAG0912bb.jpg

IMAG0913bb.jpg

IMAG0915bb.jpg

IMAG0916bbb.jpg

IMAG0923bb.jpg

As of right now I'm actively working on my V.3 Mandalorian armor. I also have bits and pieces of different builds in various stages of construction. I'm pushing to get my Assassins Creed Ezio done by years end as well.
Other stuff I'm working on are
Green Lantern
Mr. Freeze
Dr. Fate
Red Hood
Dr. Doom
Tron Legacy Grid Warrior (maybe Beck from Uprising)
Noble 6

I've got a ton of other projects that i want to do, but those will probably have to wait for a while.

Last edited:
Lots of things... way too many, I think. :p

-Booker Dewitt, for Youmacon 2014 (about 99ish% done, just have to weather the Mauser and shoulder harness/holster and possibly do battle damage to the clothes; may also buy better pants if I can find any cheap enough)
-Mad Max, also for Youmacon 2014 (also close to done, just have to receive the pleather pants I already bought and make the leg brace)
-The Winter Soldier, for Ohaycon 2015 (not very close, still have to make the robotic arm and buy a bunch of tactical gear and guns)
-Jaime Lannister, either for Ohayocon 2015 or some other con (haven't started anything except for making the gambeson pattern, planning on getting fabric to do the mockup tonight though)
-Connor Kenway, either for Ohayocon 2015 or some other con (still a fair amount to do; have to make the vest, the holster/utility belt, the sash, the Assassin's logo belt, the armbands, and the left vambrace, and buy the tomahawk, necklace, and hidden blade)
-Mal Reynolds, for Youmacon 2015 (just finished the coat, putting the rest on hold until later since I don't need it for quite a while)

I'm working on my Grey Knight space marine (legs and feet done, stilts in progress), Cyber man and the original Iron Man Mark 1. (Mask, shoulders and arms done). I've never been to any conventions, but am looking forward to many in the months to come. I am registered for Shutocon here in Lansing in March and some day would like to go the Dragon Con.

I'm brand spankin' new here and this photo-heavy post might-well be in the wrong thread, so my apologies up front. On the bright side, I *do* answer your question :D

While I've got a lot of costumes under my belt for Ren Faire (one of which can be seen in The Quest of the Delta Knights...a very schlocky period piece done at the Ren-Faire site in Novao), the costume I am building now is Star Lord.....maaaan. I got bits and pieces, as can be seen in the images, but I'm thankful for this site because I'm going to be pinging a lot of you for technique/tips & tricks along the way.

It's too bad I didn't get started on this sooner, but Guardians of the Galaxy has only been out a couple weeks, now, LOL

Here's what I got so far...

The quad blaster from Nerf....it's so Nerfalicious, it's not funny, so yep....breaking it down and seeing what I can do to make the top and bottom rail covers METAL. oooh baby.
2 After.JPG1 Before.JPGBlaster Floor1.JPG (...Who's that nerd on the floor?)

One 1984 SANYO, Cassette Player, (yes, I know...) I'm painting it if I can't manage to find a 1979 TPS-L2 Sony Walkman who's price hadn't been inflated to astronomical proportions by a lot of click-happy g33k5 on eBay...oh wait..I was one of those click-happy g33k5...(who refuses to pay $800 to $1,000 for a broken one). On the bright side, the Sano is brand new...never been used.and heh heh...mwoohahahahha~~~ WORKS!
Sanyo - Mint in box_01.JPGSanyo - Mint in box_02.JPGSanyo - rockin the Awesome Mix .JPG (Ah! the nerd is rockin' the Awesome Mix Vol. 1)

...speaking of which, if you need the image to print and use an office glue stick to adhere it to a tape, get in touch, I'll be happy to oblige :D
Awesome Mix Vol 1 template set.JPGAwesome Mix Vol 1_LABEL.png not selling this...offering it to use as props for costumes. "Come and get your love!"

Das boot...well, okay Das Shooz.
Sketchers.JPGFlight Boots.jpg ...turns out they're not boots...they'e spats.
THIS is going to be fun destroying an otherwise perfectly good pair of Sketchers (Skechers Men's Diameter Garzo Slip-On Loafer in 'Chocolate')

So, I woke up, this morning to find Star Lord had 'liberated' some leather for the Trench coat he's wearing. I think he knows my intentions* and has opted to go do 'something bad' for my 'something good'....(truly, 'a little of both')
Oh, you got the wrong guy....JPGStar Lord's Trench Coat.JPG Here's the scary thing...that's a whole hide and I fear it may not be enough. Whee.

I've been working on the gloves, today and thought I'd give my fingers a break from all that hand stitching. Here's what I got so for on that...
Glove-in process_01.JPGGlove-in process_-stitching.JPG Hand stitching leather to leather is sooo much fun.

Jet packs for the ankles...not really there, I just have four 1/2" expansion repair couplings, but they seem a bit bulky.
IMG_1979.JPGJet Boots-EXTREME CLOSE UP.jpg

aaaand finally, Mask and Jacket. I hope to source a printed three panel mask that folds shut so i can stow it in that messenger bag Star Lord has. So far as the short jacket, there is an outfit near where I live who is working on a prototype...I'll post images if I get it. The Trench coat has a lot of detail on it and I'm just stupid enough to attempt making it on my own. Wish me luck and oh by the way...

The name's 'Staar Lord Maan' <---no really, look at my account name :cool

*Intentions...you know...for sick kids in hospital beds? (Hashtag Chris Prat visiting kids at Children's Hospital, Los Angeles)

Last edited:
I am new to this forum. That out of the way... I am currently working on a star wars costume for myself and my wife. I will dress her as a Jawa. That is going to be pretty easy. I am going to be a Jawa transport ship. This is going to be tough. I have a lot of ideas. I plan on having moving tracks. It took me a week of contemplating to figure this out. I think I have a working idea. Time will tell.

I'm currently working on a Kyoko cosplay from Deadman Wonderland and hopefully I will be able to make an Angela cosplay from Black Butler in the near future.

I am working on a mix out of an ancient warrior armour, inspired by the roman ones from the spartacus series, and some fantasy stuff mask, which looks like a skull with vampire teeth. It's my first build ever, so i don't expect to much. After that I want to do a Sith Acolyte Costume and help a friend, who's starting out as well, to build a Stormtrooper armor.

I just finished my Connor Kenway cosplay, here are a few of my favorite pics:
the_davenport_homestead_by_timeywimey_007-d8uzz89.jpg
_my_enemy_is_a_notion__not_a_nation___by_timeywimey_007-d8uztfm.jpg
connor_posing_on_stump_by_timeywimey_007-d8uzyjr.jpg
any_last_words__by_timeywimey_007-d8uztoo.jpg

And here are the projects I'm currently working or planning for the summer:

-Shay Patrick Cormac (Assassin's Creed Rogue): Working on the coat right now; that had been on hiatus due to a broken sewing machine, but I got a temporary replacement, so it's back on track and coming along pretty well. It's a very complicated garment so it'll be a while. After that, I'll still have to do many other parts, like his red waistcoat and camel vest/shirt thing.

-Mad Max (primarily Mad Max: The Road Warrior, but also influenced by Fury Road and possibly fan art): I did this costume last year, and it was a bit rushed, but seeing Fury Road made me really want to redo it. I just bought a real leather jacket on eBay to replace my super cheap pleather one, and I'll be getting either leather or waxed denim pants and a dark brown shirt and then weathering them heavily.

-Jacob Frye (Assassin's Creed Syndicate): I've not started anything for him yet, but probably the only part I'll be making myself will be his coat. The rest will either be bought or will be things I already have.

-Jaime Lannister (Game of Thrones seasons 4-5): I want to cosplay his outfit with the red leather jacket. Aside from that, I have everything I'll need, except for possibly a new sword.

Currently, I'm working on a version of the Batman: Noel suit. I'm using foam for the suit's panels, but I'm going to engineer a multi-layer vest out of a canvas like material with openings at the top of each pouch so I can add/remove panels as needed. This will let me keep the comic book feel of the suit without having to go with dye sub look and sacrificing definition. I'm still in the planning phase, but I do have foam templates ready, so hopefully I'll be making progress this week.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back