wh1plash's Han in Carbonite build

Just a small update. My 3D printed greeblies came in, so I got them all clipped and cleaned up.

IMG_2689.jpg

IMG_2690.jpg

IMG_2692.jpg

It's really hard to make the edges meet up. I got pretty close but it takes a lot of filler material to close that gap. If I ever do another one, I have a few ideas about how to make the edges a bit more flush.

Photo%20May%2006%207%2025%2041%20PM_zpstkwzzrig.jpg

Yes exactly!

I know when I did mine, I tried to get the transition to be subtle but the frame from Zenix is fairly deep to accommodate the various castings of Han. I think it's a detail that most people don't worry about. It's like the rounding of the edges. Some people do it and some don't.

I love HIC builds! this is the first time I've seen it done with not using glue. very cool!

any reason why u chose not to go with the glue method?

I'm telling you this paint job looks awesome, that has to be the craziest part for me and you did it excellent!

mind sharing with me where u got those 3d printed greeblies they look great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love HIC builds! this is the first time I've seen it done with not using glue. very cool!

any reason why u chose not to go with the glue method?

I've seen several people start with the glue method, then end up changing to bondo for various reasons. Seems like they wished they had just gone straight bondo, and I thought I could get a cooler texture that way anyway. Worked out great I think.

mind sharing with me where u got those 3d printed greeblies they look great!!

Sure, they're from Zenix. You can find his thread in the classifieds, but he just keeps the file updated with Shapeways. You can just go add them to your cart and get them done no problem.

Hi
i was just wondering what you used on your main lit up panel , the large section that has the green light behind it ?

hMRAe87 3NrIvBUhAuAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back