Westworld (HBO)

I've never seen Person of Interest. Maybe I'll take a look one day. But I'm going to do a complete Westworld watch eventually. Starting with the movies. I still haven't seen those yet. I'm hoping that it's close to the level of Terminator or other great sci-fi movies of the time.

Ok... now that the wife and I have finally caught up on the series, whatever happened to the final "narrative"/quest that Ford left for MiB/William in Season 2? Did that plot line just go away?

I finally sat through a second viewing of season 3 and it was just as confusing as the first viewing even though I pretty much knew what was coming. It wasn't bad but it jumped all over the place, something seasons 1 and 2 did too although in a much better way, and it was still hard to follow.

I still think they should have renamed it because it is no longer Westworld even though it still has a few characters and actors from the first 2 seasons. If they wanted to still play off of the Westworld brand they could have called it something like Westworld The Next Generation or Westworld Person of Interest. I'm just being silly with the names but hopfully you get my point.

I still think they should have renamed it because it is no longer Westworld even though it still has a few characters and actors from the first 2 seasons.

It's an artifact title. No more different from Back To The Future, or Final Destination (let's face it, after the first film, the title doesn't fit), or Free Willy. There's like tons of works that have artifact titles. TVTropes has a whole page about them: Artifact Title - TV Tropes

No need to change the title, as it's the brand name for the show.

Just thought I’d mention it here in case anyone’s into recreating the outfits. I'm putting together a group run for the Man in Black's screen accurate coat and waistcoat fabrics, the latter hasn't been made available this way before so if you're interested please let me know in this thread below:

I still think they should have renamed it because it is no longer Westworld even though it still has a few characters and actors from the first 2 seasons. If they wanted to still play off of the Westworld brand they could have called it something like Westworld The Next Generation or Westworld Person of Interest.
I think they're doing what the movie did and making it the sequel: "Futureworld." I'm still betting the "real world" is a simulation, and everyone's still in The Matrix, so to speak.

I think they're doing what the movie did and making it the sequel: "Futureworld." I'm still betting the "real world" is a simulation, and everyone's still in The Matrix, so to speak.

That I wouldn't have minded since it is Futureworld. It also wouldn't surprise me at all if it turned out they were all in some sort of simulation.

I'm also thinking the next season will
take place in the FAR future. It might even be after all the humans are dead and the only "people" left are hosts.

Westworld The Next Generation or Westworld Person of Interest.
There's lots of spinoff shows they could base their name off:
Westworld: Atlantis
Westworld: SVU
Joanie Loves Westworld
AfterW*E*S*T*W*O*R*L*D
Westworld 1980
Extreme Makeover: Westworld
Westworld Babies

Last edited:

I don’t really know how to feel about this trailer. The first season was so fantastic. The second season was, in my opinion, a solid follow up. The third season I barely remember because it just didn’t hold my interest as well.

Hopefully it can rekindle some of that early magic. I really like a couple of the characters and the actors playing them.

Seems that every season the story gets more and more removed from it's title. I still like the show, but it was love the first 2 seasons. I get this is just the teaser, and it certainly looks good, but it doesn't seem like there is much of a story to tell anymore. Hope I'm wrong.

Seems that every season the story gets more and more removed from it's title. I still like the show, but it was love the first 2 seasons. I get this is just the teaser, and it certainly looks good, but it doesn't seem like there is much of a story to tell anymore. Hope I'm wrong.
Indeed. Westworld, then Outerworld, then Weirdworld.

Did I see Deloris in there? I thought she was done for at the end of season 3.

That’s one of the things that I feel made season 3 a bit difficult to follow…when a consciousness is contained in a Pearl that seems like it can be replicated, then death doesn’t seem permanent and becomes less of a consequence.

It made Dolores’s “death” not carry much weight because you just assume that she’ll be back.

That’s one of the things that I feel made season 3 a bit difficult to follow…when a consciousness is contained in a Pearl that seems like it can be replicated, then death doesn’t seem permanent and becomes less of a consequence.

It made Dolores’s “death” not carry much weight because you just assume that she’ll be back.
I just took that scene in the finale as that unique copy of Dolores is dead. Keep in mind, there is a copy of Dolores in the Hale body. We also know a copy of her personality was also in a Musashi body So the Dolores we see in the trailer is another copy, but we don't know where her alligencies lie or her opinion on Humanity is. To me, it's not that different from Battlestar Galactica with the Cylons. Each Model Six (Tricia Helfer) Cylon are unique, not in physical appearance, but in their personalities that they feel distinct from one another. For the Model 8s (Grace Park), Boomer and Athena both act slightly different from the rest of their models, in addition to acting differently from one another. So, who knows if the Dolores we see is going to be a friend or a foe, and whom she will be that to.

I don’t really know how to feel about this trailer. The first season was so fantastic. The second season was, in my opinion, a solid follow up. The third season I barely remember because it just didn’t hold my interest as well.

Hopefully it can rekindle some of that early magic. I really like a couple of the characters and the actors playing them.
My main problem with season three was the Sound mix, We found it very hard to hear what the actors were saying... Mauve is my favorite character as she has evolved the most had witty lines to chew up the set and a real sense of journey along the way.
Bernard is such a compelling character who really pulls at your emotions.. Heck I even felt sorry for The man in black as his fate was sealed or was it...

My main problem with season three was the Sound mix, We found it very hard to hear what the actors were saying... Mauve is my favorite character as she has evolved the most had witty lines to chew up the set and a real sense of journey along the way.
Bernard is such a compelling character who really pulls at your emotions.. Heck I even felt sorry for The man in black as his fate was sealed or was it...
I’m glad you said that, because I thought it was just me. I ended up watching the entire season with subtitles on because I felt like I could never hear the dialogue.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back