Announcement Welcome to the RPF's Forum Upgrade Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The post count is dynamic. If a thread is deleted that you have posted in, your post count will change as a result.

Sorry if this was already addressed, but does anyone else get extremely slow load times in the Junkyard, particularly for images?

Sorry if this was already addressed, but does anyone else get extremely slow load times in the Junkyard, particularly for images?

I have the same issue, and not just in the junkyard, and it is even worse if I'm on a slower computer. This never happened in the old system so it leads me to believe it is how images are handled in the new system.

Hi Art, I’m not sure if it was discussed and I just missed it, but does the new site need to be ADA Compliant? I know a lot of medical websites are getting sued for not complying, so I wasn’t sure if they held a forum to those same standards. Last thing you want is a lawsuit brought on by someone.

That is totally understandable. We have considered bringing tapatalk back on a limited basis for Premium Members, but I am not sure that is the right move. Still mulling it over.

I also am on several forums and Tapatalk made it very easy to browse everything at once. I do admit that I visit the RPF forums less often since the loss of Tapatalk.

I just wanted to update with my last experience

So I have a old iPhone and use safari for therpf now. It’s kinda of a pain switching back and forth with windows having to go to the bottom of the safari open anothe tab ra ra ra..

I down loaded chrome browser for the iPhone, holy h3ll does chrome run therpf much better then safari!!

Check it out guys, I really like therpf on chrome, night and day difference!!

TAPATALK is so phone friendly and a good app. Intuitive, efficient, user friendly. You can click on threads and it takes you to the end because you've already viewed the prior post.

Watched Threads is helpful though - Thanks Art.

TAPATALK is so phone friendly and a good app. Intuitive, efficient, user friendly. You can click on threads and it takes you to the end because you've already viewed the prior post.

Watched Threads is helpful though - Thanks Art.

the new forum is also doing that automatically for the already viewed threads right?

When uploading Media it maxes out at 50MB of total space. Also, is there a way to delete media you’ve uploaded to these albums? I can’t seem to find it. Was trying to make space to upload something else.

Attachments

• BF3C5E56-F990-4B41-BAEB-08C80209C5EC.jpeg
    BF3C5E56-F990-4B41-BAEB-08C80209C5EC.jpeg
    184.4 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Follow up question, what constitutes a media upload? I’ve uploaded dozens of pictures over the years and they don’t seem to be counted in my media number.

I just logged in a while ago, and the "keep me logged in" button is no longer there. Not a problem that I know of, just an observation.

Art. All was fine after the upgrade, but now all my inline loaded pictures have disappeared. Got a friend to corroborate that it is not an issue specific to my browser. USCSS Nostromo - High Resolution Photos The links open correctly, so the files are still there.

That is REALLY odd. Let me take a look and see what we can do. The photos are there... they just aren't loading automatically.

When typing a new post on the forum,I used to be able to highlight words in the box,and then drag the blue cursors flanking the selected word/letter to highlight less/more of the text.

Now when I try this way of editing a message,only one letter/word gets highlighted or the entire text will be highlighted.The cursor won't let you move it any way else than to highlight everything or nothing.
What changed?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back