Announcement Welcome to the RPF's Forum Upgrade Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Art, I’m not sure if it was discussed and I just missed it, but does the new site need to be ADA Compliant? I know a lot of medical websites are getting sued for not complying, so I wasn’t sure if they held a forum to those same standards. Last thing you want is a lawsuit brought on by someone.

From another website:

On December 26, 2017, the Department of Justice announced that they have withdrawn the Obama-era Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking which intended to require ADA website compliance. The DOJ’s withdrawal announcement stated, “The Department will continue to assess whether specific technical standards are necessary and appropriate to assist covered entities with complying with the ADA.”

Additionally, in February 2018, Congress passed the ADA Education and Reform Act, a bill designed to make it harder for disabled Americans to sue businesses for discrimination. Republican lawmakers who wrote and passed the bill argue that the law will help curb “frivolous” lawsuits.

I, admittedly know very little about ADA compliance. With that being said, we will always do our best (within reason) to make the community as accessible to those with disabilities as to those without. Can we cover everything? Unlikely, but it is in our best interest to make the community as accessible as possible to anyone interested in learning more about props and costumes.

This was mentioned by other members, and I noticed it too. The upgrade lets anyone visit and download all the free paper props freely without even having an account or logging in to the forum. This is a concern, since it would discourage members uploading their work, and pulling their work off the site, thus rendering the forum useless to us. Could you please check into this.

We have removed the ability of non-members to view attachments in this forum.

I know this has been asked a few times but I have never seen an answer.

How come pictures take so long to load now. If you go into a picture heavy thread or into the junkyard and it can take forever for all of the pictures to load.

We are still working on this.

On the old site, there was a way to click on the number of replies to a thread, which would then bring up a box that showed how many messages each member had made in that thread. You could then see just their messages if you wanted. Can that be brought back? It was helpful when searching for info in the really long threads.

Functionality has been added.

Noticed something a little weird. The word "f l a n g e" is being censored and replaced with an asterisk in posts and messages (see: flange). As far as I know that's not a dirty word and is a pretty common technical descriptor term.

Noticed something a little weird. The word "f l a n g e" is being censored and replaced with an asterisk in posts and messages (see: flange). As far as I know that's not a dirty word and is a pretty common technical descriptor term.

When I google it with the word "size", the first thing that pops up is "pumps" for lactating women.

Hmm, odd. What's funny is that when I got the email notification of your reply, the quote of my original post still had the original word rather than the asterisk.

Good catch. Our censored wordlist is comprehensive (it came from Google). It took all I had not to find out why that one was censored, but since it has a different definition here, it has been removed from the list.

Can the search function drop down be disabled while making a title in the Junkyard? It's rather annoying:
popup.png

Hmm, odd. What's funny is that when I got the email notification of your reply, the quote of my original post still had the original word rather than the asterisk.

This is because the word isn't permanently changed, just your view (which can be disabled) on the site.

Is it calmed down enough to check on the non-Animating-Avatars ? I can see my animated avatar in my account details, but it doesn't animate in the Forums.

Okay, before the Animated Gifs had to be really small. But the info now says at least 200x200 pixels.
I increased the resolution of my animated Gif and it now appears to be working.

---edit----

It needs to be exactly 200x200 or it cuts off the picture.

Last edited:
Am I the only one getting ads on the site, despite premium membership?
You are not showing up as a Premium Member (no banner under your avatar) so there was probably a renewal issue. You should check your paypal account.

Okay, before the Animated Gifs had to be really small. But the info now says at least 200x200 pixels.
I increased the resolution of my animated Gif and it now appears to be working.

---edit----

It needs to be exactly 200x200 or it cuts off the picture.

Your sign is blinking again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back