Question Website Redirect?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

xaoslord

For the second time in about 4 days, when I came to the forum, I started to log in and got suddenly re-directed to a site telling me to update an Xvid codec, then Norton goes off and and blocks the site in an attack it calls Fake App Attack: Adware Installer Download. Any issues going on right now? I didn't try to update anything, and thankfully I have the sense not to try to install such updates.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

markomac

I've actually had something similar happening on a couple of my personal sites the last few days. Never here though, but any advice on what it may be would be great.

xaoslord

I was redirected to another site. ffupdate.org. Norton kicked in and blocked it as Fake App Attack: Adware Installer Download. It stated the attacking computer was: origin-ics.fivemillionfriends.com (66.150.14.88, 80) Previous day it happened was on 03/05. Exact same info as the first attack.

xaoslord

Just happened again. Each time it has happened, when I go to the site, the top ad hasn't loaded yet. It redirects me, and then Norton shuts it down. Exact same as before.

markomac

I'll just reiterate that I havent had this issue here on the rpf. Just on a few of my own sites.

I ran a Mac Keeper Anti Virus scan and found a few Malware items. Since cleaning those up, I havent seen the issue again as of yet.

Not sure if it'll make any difference for you, but I was noticing the issue a lot more frequently before hand.

EDIT- Scratch that. Happened again.

Last edited:

xaoslord

Just happened again. It is only on this site. Is there an ad that uses an xvid codec for it's animation or something?