We Were Soldiers Collection

Up next is the other French officer which was portrayed by Michael Giordani, fortunately the kepi was with it as well.
Adjustments.jpg

Shortly after the film came out, I purchased an almost complete uniform from the movie from one of the prop sellers on eBay, It was complete with blue cord, badges etc. Only things missing were boots and belt. I can't remember the name tag. Wish I had hung on to it, Sold it many years ago.

New acquisitions, not costume related like what I have been posting but I thought they were cool enough to post. Acquired from a crew member of the film who obtained the chair and paperwork on the last day of filming. That hat was his and is VERY worn.
Adjustments.jpg

IMG_5881.jpg

Fresh pickup. Costume worn by Desmond Harrington while he portrayed Bill Beck. Like always, i am always looking for new items to add to my collection! Thanks
Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

IMG_5186.jpg

A couple more recent pickups. First is a complete costume of a Viet Minh with a very bloodied shirt and gear (pants and shoes not photographed).
Adjustments.jpg

Another complete set but that of a NVA soldier with the same shirt from the previous post as it is interchangeable (pants and boots not photographed).
Adjustments.jpg

About 10 years ago I bought all of the M56 gear from 'We Were Soldiers'. A few hundred M56 Ammo Pouches, about 80 canteen covers, harnesses, buttpacks, belts, etc.

There were about 10 or so M56 pieces that had holes, burn marks, fake blood stained on them. I ended up giving those away to reenactors locally. Most of the generic M56 pouches that I had I sold in bulk to dealers.

Interesting though, was that in many of the pouches were trinkets and misc stuff. A pack of vintage matches from a grocery store. A map from a training area. A piece of paper with names on it and items that failed during uniform inspection. I don't think that any of that was used in the movie, I think they were things left in those pouches in the 60s and 70s from when guys turned in their gear, and 40 years later when I'm digging through pouches, I find them! I kept those separate in a small box.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back