Warming Tamiya Insignia White

Noumcea

I am currently building the FM Mellenium Falcon. I primed it with the Tamiya Light Grey fine surface primer rattle can. I did 2 thin coats. The base coat was rattle can Insignia White. At the moment the model looks too Light Grey.

I have just done the dark grey panels which, also have to be toned down.

So what type of white should I spray to warm the base colour and make it a bit more white ?

I don't have the answer, but this is the ultimate thread for the Bandai kit. They are talking about paint on this page:

I don't have the answer, but this is the ultimate thread for the Bandai kit. They are talking about paint on this page:

Many thanks for that mate.

I used the same Tamiya AS-20 on my Bandai 1/144 Falcon. I went with a black undercoat and then used really thin coats of the AS-20 to give a little shading effect. I put a dirty grey-brown wash over it followed by a slightly warmed wash of a similar color to the AS-20, and then very lightly dry brushing of more of the wash color over it (done with a large soft flat brush). I didn't have an airbrush at the time, otherwise I would have done a very light mist coat as a filter instead of the wash and dry brush. The washes were applied over the panel coloring to tone them down as well, I used the decals for the panels and the colors were very strong.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back