Warhammer 40000 Space Marines

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(thorssoli @ Mar 6 2007, 07:27 PM) [snapback]1433086[/snapback]</div>
I wear a size 7-1/4 hat and it's a bit tough to get my head through the neck hole. Once it's through, there's plenty of room inside. When I sculpt out the Mk7 helmet I'll be using the same helmet as a base and adding the big ring around the backside of the helmet. This should solve the small neck hole problem and add just a bit of room inside as well as increasing the height of the helmet.

For comparison, my MR clonetrooper helmets are an airtight fit on my head. I can't even smile when I'm wearing those. Conversely, my space marine helmets need quite a bit of padding before I stop looking like a bobblehead.

I hope this answers your question.
[/b]
Yes it does thanks,

And I have a head like a watermelon (23" around), I had to open up the neck hole a little bit (2 minutes with the dremel) and it fits fine, a little tight going over the ears, but like Thor said, once, your in it is very spacious.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ghadrack @ Mar 7 2007, 12:02 AM) [snapback]1433255[/snapback]</div>
And I have a head like a watermelon (23" around), I had to open up the neck hole a little bit (2 minutes with the dremel) and it fits fine, a little tight going over the ears, but like Thor said, once, your in it is very spacious.
[/b]
Good to know thanks alot. that does help quite a bit. I was concerned originally.

No problem, I don't know my hat size, but they had to special order my football helmets back in high school. Big head, so if I can wear it, I would think most people on earth could make it fit. :cry

If you didn't see his post in the JY, I think Thor said that his runs are ending, like tonight, so you may want to contact him quick if you have any interest before Late this year.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ghadrack @ Mar 7 2007, 05:17 PM) [snapback]1433873[/snapback]</div>
No problem, I don't know my hat size, but they had to special order my football helmets back in high school. Big head, so if I can wear it, I would think most people on earth could make it fit. :cry

If you didn't see his post in the JY, I think Thor said that his runs are ending, like tonight, so you may want to contact him quick if you have any interest before Late this year.
[/b]
Oh I got interest galore, but no money. :cry

Any movement on the MkVII hemets?

I, for one, think they are a great design and overdue for the full-size treatment. :thumbsup

PLEASE not vac-form though, I still have nightmares of my last foray into that medium... :eek

Dalroi

Last edited by a moderator:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Brien @ Apr 1 2007, 11:37 AM) [snapback]1453096[/snapback]</div>
Yeah, this sorta fell of the radar. I would like to hear what, if any, progress has been made
[/b]

I'm in the Far East right now, so I haven't been making any progress at all. At the same time, I made the mistake of listing a couple of helmets on ebay a couple of months ago and GW noticed. I got a C&D order from them or at least that's what it seemed like based on the low-quality scan I had emailed to me. So it looks like I can't sell any more of these helmets.

That said, if you've already got one of the helmets, please feel free to recast it to your heart's content.

I'm still planning on building a costume for myself for Halloween. Work will begin in earnest once I get off of the ship and back to my workshop.

In the meantime, I'd really like to see what everyone else has come up with.

That sucks about the order but they are a bit tenacious. Did you get the order from the ebay auctions or through this site?

I was wondering if Ripper had made any progress on the vacuum formed helmet he found. We haven't heard anything about it in awhile.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Brien @ Apr 2 2007, 04:21 AM) [snapback]1453507[/snapback]</div>
That sucks about the order but they are a bit tenacious. Did you get the order from the ebay auctions or through this site?
[/b]

I'm pretty sure it was just the ebay auctions. Bummer.

I finally got a chance to see one of these helmets in person at the DFW prop party last weekend. One of our guests had both the helmet AND a bolter ... excellent work on both. The only thing I was disappointed in was the size of the helmet. I've heard others mention having large heads, but honestly, a 7 5/8 isn't that big. The last cowboy hat I owned was a size 8.5 ... and I couldn't wear it for very long because it was too tight and gave me a headache. :(

Anyway, aside from not even beginning to fit my head into the helmet, the paint job and lighting on the helmet were awesome. And don't even get me started on the bolter ... great job.

ATM
ShackMan

I saw a picture of the helmet in the background of one of the party pics and it looked great. I would like to get whoever did that helmet topost it so we could get a look, and the bolter as well.

I've made a laspistol and a non-wearable marine helmet for a banner:

laspistol12.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/jdoud2/laspistol.html

smhelm2.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/jdoud/smhelm.html

I've also worked on an Auspex but it's pretty much stalled for now.

A friend of mine has done an Inquisitor and a Scout:

Full_Costume02.jpg

IMG_2509.jpg

He has pictures of an ork he helped someone with and is currently working on Marine armor. http://www.angelfire.com/wizard2/wurmwizard/Costumes/index01.html

I have one made by me, it's ready for mold. The 'mouth' area will be redone and some more bits will be added after moulding like 'phone' tips in the sides of the mouth, lenses, skulls... Now it is generic so I can transform it in chaos or any chapter I want. And it's 100% weareable :D

PD. sorry about my English, I´m from Spain :p

000_0714.jpg

000_0709.jpg

000_0626.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, I was wondering if anyone who had the Bolter that could give me some measurements on it?
I am interested in making a bolter and a plasmagun,
and that scale seems right,

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back