Warhammer 40000 Space Marines

Is there anyone in the Northern California area that might be interested in starting a Space Marine project?

I have a full body lifecast left over from my stormtrooper project, and I've done quite a bit of work with latex, fiberglass, silicone, resin, etc.

I'm confident that I'll be able to sculpt the whole thing myself. Mostly I just need help funding the materials.

looking forward to seeing some tau soldiers then...cool.
Sidewinder : Smart solution, never would have thought of that.

Good luck with your projects.

Didn't think of the human aux idea. I am thinking about using a cycling helmet as a base for the helmet, or scultping it from scratch. I hope to have it ready for Baltimore Games Day. Need to start a pulse carbine as well. Going with a carbine because I want to make a display drone to guard my minis.

Yeah, I was going with the pulse carbine too, the rifle would be stupidly long and unwieldy.
Cycling helmet as base... yeah the right kinda shap as a starter.

You gonna do a full size drone?? cool idea.

SAS

Since we are on the topic I have a question for other would be tau costumers. The thigh, groin side and rear plates have lines in them. I am trying to decide if those pieces are all one piece or are they articulated for comfort? I am pretty sure they are supposed to be regular plates but I would like to hear other opinions.

One thing to note with doing Space Marine armor. The standard miniature are NOT a good model to use. The proportions are VERY much off.

Use the Inquisitor scale model for it.

I think a reasonsable price for 40K space marine armor, unfinished would be $700.00. $500 just sounds too low to pay for a good set of full body armor, even if it is a kit. A $700 return per armor would tempt the propmaker to go that extra mile and do the project right the first time around. "Always time to do it right, never time to do it twice"

We are mulling this over right now. after we get the Republic Commando helmet & armor done, some weapons and stuff and if we are up to it we might take this on. We like to keep the price low, cuts down on recasting and if your like me you just don't have a lot of money to drop on a nice set of armor. What we would like is more info and ideas from you guys. it is important to us to hear what you want in a set of 40k armor. Also, There was a guy working on a helmet. it would be great and time saving if we could work with him, do any of you know who he is? Maybe I need to start a new thread on this.

Baron

PS we always do it right the frist time. :love

I would prefer generic armor. Nothing on the Shoulder Pad so that I can paint whatever chapter I want on it. Also, it would be neat to be able to buy either a boltgun or a chainsword and bolt pistol from the armor maker.

The frist things that will come down the line will be the boltgun, pistol and other things. From there will start on the armor. WookieGunner, that just how we are going to do, keep it generic. The info I'm looking for, dropship is what type of armor do make, any found idems that may save time, what you would like to see in this kit, etc.

Baron

I'm not all familiar with the different names of the types of armor, but something like this would be nice...

bloodangel.jpg

A jump pack would also be cool, but that might get insanely expensive. Perhaps make a few different devotion seals (or whatever they are called) so people can pick and choose and customize their armor. I personally like this style of helmet, no beaks for me. :)

Oh, and as for found items, it's hard to say. I think the majority of the parts will have to be custom made. Some of the smaller details might be found, like the hoses leading from the helmet to the backpack. The helmet eye lenses could be taken from sunglasses?

The corrugated black piping around the joints of the leg and arms looks like irrigation pipe. I've seen that in different diameters at the hardware store...although it may be a little to stiff to allow free movement.

Originally posted by dropshipbob@Apr 11 2006, 10:21 AM
The corrugated black piping around the joints of the leg and arms looks like irrigation pipe.  I've seen that in different diameters at the hardware store...although it may be a little to stiff to allow free movement.
[snapback]1224324[/snapback]​

Possibly the material used for stormtrooper neckseals would work. It seems to be pretty flexible.

Depends on the neck seal. Most of the good ones are actually cloth tubes sewn together. Might try taking a mold of a piece of irrigation pipe and then casting it in latex or silicone.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back