Warehouse 13 - The Tesla Gun

I'd like to see the QMX one and see what the cost is.

Ended up going rogue and making my own style of "arc gun". Get some photos up later once I finish assembly.

I was just on ScyFy website and was about to watch one of their online episodes, and before the episode started they showed a trailer for this season...At the end of the trailer it showed Claudia and Artie standing next to each other and it looked like claudia had an entirely different artifacty-type gun.

I only saw it for a split second. I tried to reload the episode so the teaser would play again, but kept getting entirely different commercials for stupid hair shampoo and credit cards.

Went over to the SyFy W13 episodes and it was the first ad shown.
I tried to see it again and went through about 2 dozen attempts but didn't see it again (was hoping to get a screen grab)

If there is one prop from the show I would like to have a replica of it is this gun! Looks so retro an sweet looking.

Absolutely. I'm still trying to source the vacuum tubes or at least ones so I can think about making one as they really are the focal point of the prop. If one can't get the tubes there's not much point. Sadly I don't have quite the depth of resources here in Australia that is available to people in the USofA. I have a couple of promising leads at least. I wont have much chance for a while to work on any of this stuff anyway.

In the preview for next weeks crossover episode looks like the pointy gun shows up as well as a LIGHT SABER.
newgun.jpg

Well I might finally have some suitable tubes to build the Tesla. I will see how useful they are when they arrive in the mail maybe next week sometime. If they pan out OK I will let you all know where I got them online and if there are any brand and/or model numbers on them.

Annoyingly I won't be able to work on any of prop stuff as I am likely heading off to the hospital for some months.

Are the electronics in any way functional?

Actually yes in certain ways. We use a IR based lasertag system so the gun 'fires' an IR beam. There is a microcontroller in the rear that produces the correct IR signals but it also has a charging period between shots and controls multiple blue leds in the main tube and also in the inner centre tube when it fires. Theres also the circuit from a C/O Masters Laser Screwdriver in there thats triggered when the gun fires too.

Its all powered by a lithium ion battery inside the grip which is easy to change out.

Actually yes in certain ways. We use a IR based lasertag system so the gun 'fires' an IR beam. There is a microcontroller in the rear that produces the correct IR signals but it also has a charging period between shots and controls multiple blue leds in the main tube and also in the inner centre tube when it fires. Theres also the circuit from a C/O Masters Laser Screwdriver in there thats triggered when the gun fires too.

Its all powered by a lithium ion battery inside the grip which is easy to change out.

That's pretty cool. It evens looks good. Is the wooden grip an available piece or something you made?

That's pretty cool. It evens looks good. Is the wooden grip an available piece or something you made?

Something I made. Theres some 1/2" aluminium plate in the centre that is milled out for the battery and the trigger/switch etc,which provides strenth then walnut side panels were fixed on, marked and then cut and sanded to size. Without the side panels it looks like the grip on Jango's blasters which were some of the inspiration for it :)

Its nearly all scratch built with a few modified bits from the bits box. Theres even a bit from a MRFX maul sabre on there lol.

The 2nd season versions definitely look like something other than glass. Doesn't have the same look..

In a few closeups the rear tubes at least seem a bit plastic. Maybe the props were getting broken on the set. I would have thought with any closeups and non-action shots they would have used the "hero" props.

there it is!!!

Cool....Looks like a pneumatic screwdriver gun...Or Glue gun

So given it turned out to be a Eureka prop there may well be more shots of it in that show. I don't recall if I've seen it before or not in Eureka. There are some really nice little props from that show and most of them look pretty much made from scratch from the little phones to the weapons in the sheriff's office.

One that looks promising aside from the phone is the PDA/tablet that people from GD carry around..

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back