War Machine 3d print build - yep another one ;)

smilerbaker

A friend is printing/building and ironman

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=270301

he was badgering me for months to build a war machine as he'd already bought the files, To wet my appetite he gave me all his discarded prints to practice with, sanding, gluing, painting, I just couldn't take it anymore so to shut him up I had to buy a 3d printer (the creality cr-10) ;)

for the past few weeks its been running 24/7 printing, failing, reprinting etc. this thread is I suppose going to be pic heavy

If you have issues with the cr-10 maybe I can help. Ive had it running almost every day without issues.

FB: facebook.com/ironmarkprops1
IG: instagram.com/ironmarkprops

First off the iron man helmet

rje0vmT.jpg

RMSvJkD.jpg

8QXhHdH.jpg

21TeWH2.jpg

after lots of sanding and filling

KZ9zyOO.jpg

tBDbZxS.jpg

6jjclor.jpg

8ZCigxP.jpg

so I started war machine with the face plate, first thing I printed well, ever!

printer wasn't quite setup properly so a bit of work to do fixing the error in it

rbidtQI.jpg

now the rest of the helmet

9pmMBPN.jpg

again, printer wasn't quite dialed in

xejskxx.jpg

but fitted together ok all things considered

BFjE5nP.jpg

ERsaUCR.jpg

now the arms, first time I've had to swap out the filament mid print

EuCDTCl.jpg

while they are printing some time to sand and fill

Znb6ZiF.jpg

pics got messed up here, next is the top of the helmet

6cMHAqc.jpg

and onto the shoulders

ZI4bmaj.jpg

this is when I had to stop printing and fix the issues with the printer, tighten everything, realign and just make sure everything was ok

that made the print quality light years better

3kgitef.jpg

couldn't resist a little test fit

oA16cvj.jpg

Last edited:
If you have issues with the cr-10 maybe I can help. Ive had it running almost every day without issues.

FB: facebook.com/ironmarkprops1
IG: instagram.com/ironmarkprops

thanks, I think I have found a sweet spot with it now, messing around with the print speeds now to see just how fast I can get it before it messes up, had a spectacular fail this afternoon lol

A friend is printing/building and ironman

he was badgering me for months to build a war machine as he'd already bought the files, To wet my appetite he gave me all his discarded prints to practice with, sanding, gluing, painting, I just couldn't take it anymore so to shut him up I had to buy a 3d printer (the creality cr-10) ;)

My pleasure bru :D its looking awesome so far and your IM lid is smoother than mine, that's for sure.
markseven I'm currently using a modified version of the S3D profile from The Hot End. I found the Uncle Jessy settings didn't quite work for me. If you have a profile you'd care to share I'd love to try it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
wannabe I'm using uncle Jessy's but I change the temp depending which filament brand I use.

This is a sample. Hope to start printing the mk46 soon

a3d7103d40008ba581dad36e1a0a7d50.jpg

Attachments

• a3d7103d40008ba581dad36e1a0a7d50.jpg
    a3d7103d40008ba581dad36e1a0a7d50.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 141
Last edited by a moderator:
another busy weekend printing, had a near disaster 16 hours into a print the supports failed

hAZggds.jpg

saved it :)

upper back printed - filament change half way through and had to print in 2 pieces to get it to fit on the bed

TL1AVvH.jpg

quick tape it all together

V4fAYGz.jpg

UewS8FA.jpg

This is spectacular. I'm looking for some Mk 1 WM files to experiment with 3D printing.

Been doing it Pepakura but it'd be fun to try something sturdier.

Wow very impressive you're 3d printer runs all the time ? ^^

I've Anet A8, for the print you're infill is 100% ? and how do you cut the file ?

yep its been running more or less non stop since I got it, cut it with 3d builder, infill depends on what I'm printing, anywhere from 15% to 40% so far, my cr10 has a 30x30x40cm print area so don't have to do a great deal of cutting

Printer still working 24/7, had a weeks holiday which is why there have been no updates recently

mid section is all glued / welded together, as much as I can while still being able to get it on, will need to use straps / fasteners / magnets for the other side

4yly1pS.jpg

Thighs are done, reduced the size after cutting it which has caused one of the lines to mess up, so lots of sanding and filling to fix that :( you live and learn, reduced before cutting !

SJFzjKK.jpg

Managed to get some undercoat on, shows up where needs more work nicely

agSjXep.jpg

The thighs where the tallest print I've done so far

Cs5fX5G.jpg

Had to support the supports :) didn't want them breaking so far into the print, this black plastic I'm using isn't the best, for some reason goes down a lot thicker and more lines then the silver I've been using - 3d printing is a dark art

m9wTbwJ.jpg

progress has slowed recently :( had a few failed prints on the more intricate parts, plus commitments with the 501st, but on the plus side war machine has a nice new pair of shoes

wE9TBtU.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back