WandaVision

"Oh, no, I don't know everything there is to know about this situation after TWO episodes!"

F*cking A, people...

How many times has it been said that genre tv frequently needs AT LEAST a season to find its legs? Can people not ******* whine until we've seen half of the 9 episodes, at least?

If it's not your bag, fine. Please, feel free to show yourself out. No one is forcing anyone to watch the show.

Heads up...I got excited when the credits started to run because the timer said there was over 6 minutes left, but there is NO after credits scenes. It's just the full international credits. I do, however, suggest viewers sit through the animated portions of the credits. There's some interesting things going on there after the episodes.

Other than that, great to see several theories confirmed this episode.

After watching episode 3, there may be light at the end of the tunnel. At least it looks like they're going to eventually move beyond the sitcom shtick. They sure keep very slightly hinting. Maybe it will be like TFA and the big reveal will be in the last few minutes of the last episode. It's fun to speculate, to comment and read others do so even if there's criticism about something I enjoy. I wouldn't read a thread about a totally new show (actually any show really) and expect that everyone will have entirely positive things to say in the beginning, middle or end of a series. Especially since people don't have the same opinions and criteria for what makes a show enjoyable or the same timelines of how long they're willing to invest in a show before being rewarded. Hearing other perspectives is interesting, even those I don't agree with.

Last edited:
Are we doing open spoilers in this thread?
I really feel that Wanda is having some kind of Omega level incident after seeing that containment barrier in episode 3. I’m wondering if all of her neighbors are SWORD personnel or even just civilians that are being held hostage by this kind fractured fantasy Wanda is in. It’s hard to tell if it’s someone external subjecting her to this or if she gets triggered by something

Last edited:
"Oh, no, I don't know everything there is to know about this situation after TWO episodes!"

F*cking A, people...

How many times has it been said that genre tv frequently needs AT LEAST a season to find its legs? Can people not ******* whine until we've seen half of the 9 episodes, at least?

If it's not your bag, fine. Please, feel free to show yourself out. No one is forcing anyone to watch the show.

I feel the exact same way. If you’re not a fan, it doesn’t mean the shows bad, just means it’s not for you. Plenty of shows people I know are absolutely obsessed over that I can’t get through an episode. I never say it’s awful, just not my thing. If you find yourself treating this show like a chore, well you’re lucky enough to know this isn’t for you and you don’t have to waste your time anymore.

I feel the exact same way. If you’re not a fan, it doesn’t mean the shows bad, just means it’s not for you. Plenty of shows people I know are absolutely obsessed over that I can’t get through an episode. I never say it’s awful, just not my thing. If you find yourself treating this show like a chore, well you’re lucky enough to know this isn’t for you and you don’t have to waste your time anymore.

This, unfortunately, does not seem to be the way things go around here very often.

Instead, people force themselves to watch it, just so they have something to come on the internet and rant about.

That whole concept seems silly to me...I’ve got WAY better things to do with my time than watch something I don’t enjoy.

What if you haven't decided whether or not you're a fan yet? Three episodes is hardly enough time to make that call especially in a show that's taking it's time with the setup, is very different from the usual and has high expectations of payoff. Not liking an aspect of a show (that supposedly is just the setup) yet being open to it and having curiosity to see where they take it are certainly not forcing a watch. And no one's ranting. But to each his own.

Still digging it. Seems like Vision is figuring out that something is wrong, and wants to try and stop it; but I feel like Wanda kind of knows there's something wrong, but prefers the fantasy, whether she knows it consciously or not.
At this point, I feel it's clear that Wanda has a bit of trauma that she's withdrawing from, and understandably so.

I mean... she had to literally MURDER her lover in a bid to prevent the eradication of half the population of the freaking universe... THEN, she had to witness that sacrifice being made moot because of Thanos using the time stone to undo what she did, and then see her lover murdered AGAIN by the bad guy so he can enact his plan.

I think it's a little understandable if she went a bit off the rails, is what I'm saying.

Are we doing open spoilers in this thread?
I really feel that Wanda is having some kind of Omega level incident after seeing that containment barrier in episode 3. I’m wondering is all of her neighbors are SWORD personnel or even just civilians that are being held hostage by this kind fracture fantasy Wanda is in. It’s hard to tell if it’s someone external subjecting her to this or if she gets triggered by something
I'm thinking Hydra plays in this somehow. Several of the commercials are for Hydra branded products or have the Hydra symbol on them. I don't know enough about SWORD to be able to speculate on what they are up to but I think the neighbors have to be some sort of agents trying to fix the mess that's been created.

I saw some spoilers in a video put out by Marvel that led me to some theories
This is the video I'm talking about.
Wanda is in a depression funk (understandable) and she's been watching a bunch of old tv shows. This, mixed with her reality warping powers, has built up a world around her based on these shows.

I think it's much more enjoyable to watch one episode at a time and be able to discuss theories without someone whose watched every single episode barging in and spoiling everything.

My theory is that we will discover this is a world that she created for them while she was crushing the stone in his head during infinity war. Giving them the life together that they wanted. The brief moments of him trying to figure things out is coming back into the reality of the situation.

I think we ALL get that you should give a show a chance. However if you sit down to eat a meal and the first couple bites were so bad you don't know if you can eat the whole thing, then the restaurant would have a problem. I'm going to stick it out for at least half a season, but if it doesn't get any better I'm done. And I really like these characters!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back