WandaVision

I'm honestly enjoying this show more than I thought I would. I love the fact that it IS so different from any MCU stuff before it and I found myself laughing along at the sitcom antics while thoroughly engrossed in the creepy hints in the first two episodes and really into the sinister vibe in this third episode.

I feel like now that we've breached the barrier into the "real world" the next episode might not focus on Wanda and Vision but rewind and give us the story of "Geraldine".

Just watched ep 3. Wow. I love how they wrap this super creepy, ominous tone in a super saccharine-y almost pollyannaish sitcom world. I was not ready for what happens about 20 minutes in to this episode. That was amazing. If I wasn't already in, that scene would've done it for sure. Some great storytelling going on here.

Hey Folks, I couldn’t sleep woke up and went right to Hot Topic and boom it’s on Pre Sale the Strucker Watch!! Get it while it last link below.
Strucker Watch::
3116EB41-848E-49A6-A6AF-E857F86A20F9.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey Folks, I couldn’t sleep woke up and went right to Hot Topic and boom it’s on Pre Sale the Strucker Watch!! Get it while it last link below.
Strucker Watch::
View attachment 1414788

so happy to see this pop up, but sadly they dont ship this to the U.K, :(

shame its HT exclusive, really want this watch, i wonder if theres a way to get hold of it

I have to these are just so well done. The attention to detail borders on the obsessive compulsive. Ending this with Sleepy Jean was great.

The only thing i think people have issues with is you expect standard marvel movie type stuff and to this point it's been a large departure. I can see that.

I was wondering if the payoff was going to be worth it and i think they gave us a glimpse that it will in this latest episode.

I think we ALL get that you should give a show a chance. However if you sit down to eat a meal and the first couple bites were so bad you don't know if you can eat the whole thing, then the restaurant would have a problem. I'm going to stick it out for at least half a season, but if it doesn't get any better I'm done. And I really like these characters!
Man... This is an EXCELLENT analogy. I guess my question in that case, because it's happened with my family, is exactly what was bad about the meal.

We've eaten at a place & came out with 4 different opinions, but like you said, if you take 2 bites & can't eat any more, I think the question would have to be what made it bad. Was it the quality of ingredients, the way it was cooked, the temperature of the food, was there 1 ingredient that you don't like, etc?

I'm not asking this specifically of you SVS, but I'm always curious of what people like & don't & why.

As a teacher, I have one question I hold the students to. When they share an opinion that seems like a blanket statement, I always ask, "Based on what?". I never mean that to be disparaging to anyone's opinion, but for these young folks, I want them to be able to articulate themselves in a well thought out way, & that exercise has yielded some interesting conversations.

Again, I don't ask for anyone to justify opinions, I honestly wonder if there's something I'm missing

so happy to see this pop up, but sadly they dont ship this to the U.K, :(

shame its HT exclusive, really want this watch, i wonder if theres a way to get hold of it
There are places that will ship stuff from US to UK for you, not sure whether they need to know when they are going to receive your stuff, but worth looking into. Example: Parcel Forwarding from the USA to the UK | Stackry

Turns out Wanda's 'Sokovian' lullaby was actually Portuguese. Here's the translation...

I waited for you
and this day has come.
My heart became a home full of light,
full of light.

Some online are theorizing that this is a Photon Easter Egg, & since right after this, 'Geraldine' is thrown into reality, Wanda could be the reason she gets her powers.i guess this comes from the fact Photon's powers are light based, & after she comes into the field she's glowing with a bit of Wanda's red energy. That's an interesting change from the comics that I don't mind at all.

Do you think people want to share dissenting opinions in a thread where it's been clearly stated (by others previously) that those are not welcome and people who communicate their dissension are basically accused of whining and trolling simply because they don't agree or are saying negative things? Don't get me wrong this attitude really doesn't phase me especially when it's severely inaccurate (in my opinion), but I wouldn't expect high enthusiasm to lay out the show's faults after that.

What I don't particularly enjoy is the long setup, the overall feel of the show, the flat characters, the sitcom shtick, that's it's really overextended sitcom shtick (for my enjoyment), that there's been 3 episodes of slowburn and the lack of story at this point. All of which can be remedied and honestly that's what I'm hoping for. Am I prejudging a little? I hope so, we'll see. I don't see the point of having a thread about a show and not being able to honestly analyze it as it develops. I truly enjoy that this show is trying something different, has a ton of potential, love alternate reality themes(one of the main reasons I'm watching) and I want to enjoy the show, otherwise I wouldn't invest my time watching. For me everything needs to prove itself no matter what the genre, who the writers/directors/producers/actors involved are, theme or franchise, even the ones I truly love. I know a lot of people aren't going to dig this but at least it's honest, written with only good intention and I'm not writing things that I know everyone will agree with to get likes(certainly not implying that anyone else is).

Last edited:
Do you think people want to share dissenting opinions in a thread where it's been clearly stated that those are not welcome and people who communicate their dissension are basically accused of whining and trolling simply because they don't agree or are saying negative things? Don't get me wrong this attitude really doesn't phase me especially when it's severely inaccurate (in my opinion), but I wouldn't expect high enthusiasm to lay out the show's faults after that.

What I don't particularly enjoy is the long setup, the overall feel of the show, the flat characters, the sitcom shtick, that's it's really overextended sitcom shtick (for my enjoyment), that there's been 3 episodes of slowburn and the lack of story at this point. All of which can be remedied and honestly that's what I'm hoping for. Am I prejudging a little? I hope so, we'll see. I don't see the point of having a thread about a show and not being able to honestly analyze it as it develops. I truly enjoy that this show is trying something different, has a ton of potential, love alternate reality themes(one of the main reasons I'm watching) and I want to enjoy the show, otherwise I wouldn't invest my time watching. For me everything needs to prove itself no matter what the genre, theme or franchise, even the ones I truly love. I know a lot of people aren't going to be huge fans after writing this but at least it's honest, written with only good intention and I'm not writing things that I know everyone will agree with to get likes(certainly not implying that anyone else is).
I never said I wanted to know what people didn't like so me or anyone else could say that they're wrong.

I guess one of my personality flaws is that I'm an analyst in my head. I like hearing dissenting opinions & then examine my own opinion to help me be better in my critical thinking, so that being said, if I myself have posted anything you feel was an attack or a slight against you, then I apologize. I don't think I've seen anyone call anyone that didn't like the show less than, just because of their feelings about it.

I will say this though. One attitude that is being called out, in this thread & others, going back to the food analogy, if someone can not stand Chinese food. They don't like the way it's prepared, they think the spices & flavors are disgusting, they think rice is a terrible grain & it should be barred from human consumption, but then they go into a Chinese restaurant, eat a meal, then go online just to complain that the meal was horrible & the place should be shut down, then that's a different animal all together. Again, not saying this about you Jinx, because you've been clear with exactly what you haven't liked & why. I for one appreciate the discussion.

I never said I wanted to know what people didn't like so me or anyone else could say that they're wrong.

I guess one of my personality flaws is that I'm an analyst in my head. I like hearing dissenting opinions & then examine my own opinion to help me be better in my critical thinking, so that being said, if I myself have posted anything you feel was an attack or a slight against you, then I apologize. I don't think I've seen anyone call anyone that didn't like the show less than, just because of their feelings about it.

I will say this though. One attitude that is being called out, in this thread & others, going back to the food analogy, if someone can not stand Chinese food. They don't like the way it's prepared, they think the spices & flavors are disgusting, they think rice is a terrible grain & it should be barred from human consumption, but then they go into a Chinese restaurant, eat a meal, then go online just to complain that the meal was horrible & the place should be shut down, then that's a different animal all together. Again, not saying this about you Jinx, because you've been clear with exactly what you haven't liked & why. I for one appreciate the discussion.
I know you didn't. No need to apologize. I didn't feel it was an attack at all from you. I shouldn't have made that a direct reply to yours. In fact I'll take your reply out of it....

I also love to hear what people are thinking and why. Helps to learn from them as cheesy as that sounds.

The words weren't directly said but the implication was there, not from you.

As per the food analogy, it's great. I don't agree with banning anything from human consumption. Very much an advocate of do what you will as long as you aren't hurting anyone. To that I would add...more variety is key. Keep making mass appeal and along with it some speciality foods.

I know you didn't. No need to apologize. I didn't feel it was an attack at all from you. I shouldn't have made that a direct reply to yours. In fact I'll take your reply out of it....

I also love to hear what people are thinking and why. Helps to learn from them as cheesy as that sounds.

The words weren't directly said but the implication of trolling was there, not from you.

As per the food analogy, it's great. I don't agree with banning anything from human consumption. Very much an advocate of do what you will as long as you aren't hurting anyone. To that I would add...more variety is key. Keep making mass appeal and along with it some speciality foods.
It's all good. No need to edit anything.

There are places that will ship stuff from US to UK for you, not sure whether they need to know when they are going to receive your stuff, but worth looking into. Example: Parcel Forwarding from the USA to the UK | Stackry

If you don't mind paying the cost for international Priority mail order one and have it sent to me and I forward it to you as a gift

thanks for the replies guys,
ive enquired to HT, and im just waiting to hear back from them, i know they send stuff across the pond too over here, but it is a little odd how i cannot get one ordered,
i wonder if anyone here from the uk has managed to get one of these watches maybe,

Did anyone else recognise the fantastic Randy Oglesby in ep 3 of WandaVision?

Randy had many roles in all of the Berman Trek series, with the brilliant character Degra in season 3 of Enterprise being his longest recurring role.

His character Dr Nielsen, a nod to the Nielsen TV ratings system? An interesting choice, not just a meta nod to the ratings system but a tip off that the doctor is keeping tabs on Wanda and Vision and not just in a medical capacity.

I love the TV Guide cover they released showing the Wanda and Vis with a floating retro remote control. A very specific remote control. A Zenith Space Command remote from the 50s. And the buttons are glowing a Mind Stone-like yellow! Then, I noticed the closing scene of episode 1 has Vis smooching Wanda while secretly clicking the same remote behind her back at us viewers.

Now, I'm not saying that the characters on the show are being controlled by the Mind Stone which now resides in a retro Zenith Space Command Remote Control. But I'm not saying they aren't either!

Also I might have made a WandaVision Mind Stone Remote.

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 1.39.27 PM.pngwvtv.jpgIMG_5072A.jpegIMG_5073A.jpegIMG_5074A.jpeg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back