Walking Dead Rick Jacket

Thanks for clearing that up! So sizes 7 and 5 were used. Again, not the sizes that I had documented, which was size 8 on all zippers. The color of the zipper tape does seem to be correct though. It's little baby steps, but I'm sure we'll get there in the end.

Thanks for clearing that up! So sizes 7 and 5 were used. Again, not the sizes that I had documented, which was size 8 on all zippers. The color of the zipper tape does seem to be correct though. It's little baby steps, but I'm sure we'll get there in the end.
So you’re this Lorenzo guy in that link to your Suhzadi replica? Huh.. you look more like Rick than any of us mostly because you can grow a full beard hahaha.

Anyway yes the zipper on the UGG is longer looking too from what I’ve seen but also nobody seems to be pointing out the color of the zipper teeth and zipper. It’s gold and shiny lookin on an UGG

So you’re this Lorenzo guy in that link to your Suhzadi replica? Huh.. you look more like Rick than any of us mostly because you can grow a full beard hahaha.

Anyway yes the zipper on the UGG is longer looking too from what I’ve seen but also nobody seems to be pointing out the color of the zipper teeth and zipper. It’s gold and shiny lookin on an UGG

Eh what makes you think that? Who's Lorenzo? Anyway, I'm not Lorenzo and I don't have anything to do with Suzahdi, so... :)

As for the zipper slider it's indeed longer on the UGG. It would be nice if these standard square YKK zipper sliders (especially on the waist pockets) can be replaced with more appropriate ones by Indy for that matter. I'd say that the main zipper is at the least 'good enough'. The standard YKK zipper sliders of the waist pocket zippers stand out way more I'd say.

Also, the color of the zipper teeth on the original UGG is not gold, but antique brass like you have now. Trust me on this. ;) If you really want to brighten it up a little and make it look more 'golden' you can rub/polish it with a piece of cloth in a similar fashion you'd rub off the black oxidized spots on silverware. The same goes for the sliders and buttons. However, there's no way of undoing it so be careful with that.

Eh what makes you think that? Who's Lorenzo? Anyway, I'm not Lorenzo and I don't have anything to do with Suzahdi, so... :)

As for the zipper slider it's indeed longer on the UGG. It would be nice if these standard square YKK zipper sliders (especially on the waist pockets) can be replaced with more appropriate ones by Indy for that matter. I'd say that the main zipper is at the least 'good enough'. The standard YKK zipper sliders of the waist pocket zippers stand out way more I'd say.

Also, the color of the zipper teeth on the original UGG is not gold, but antique brass like you have now. Trust me on this. ;) If you really want to brighten it up a little and make it look more 'golden' you can rub/polish it with a piece of cloth in a similar fashion you'd rub off the black oxidized spots on silverware. The same goes for the sliders and buttons. However, there's no way of undoing it so be careful with that.
Oh okay see I just thought it looked like a shiny gold from the pic below. And yeah sorry I feel dumb when you posted the link for reference to the liner of that Suhzadi I looked at the guys profile he was a Rick Grimes cosplayer thought it might’ve been you and that you might’ve bought that jacket oops my bad lol. But yes I’ll try shining and polishing the zipper.

So far the zippers are pretty off as far as UGG replication goes but it’s fine for me anyway, they do need inwards tilting more on the side panels and a size 8 main with the longer tailed zip piece (is that a word? Idk it just fits). That alone would improve the Magnoli design significantly in my opinion. As for the rest we could compare some coloration to start with the side paneling. For mine it’s a bright maroon “bubblegum” looking color which again is fine for me this criticism is for y’all. But the inward curving of the front suede and inward bottom curving of the back of suede as well as cropping the shoulders to be more rounded seem to be the main focus here yeah?

Attachments

• A0112E2D-1412-476B-AE66-481E16527BD1.jpeg
    A0112E2D-1412-476B-AE66-481E16527BD1.jpeg
    289.9 KB · Views: 93
I've had the pleasure to have the White Sheep Leather jacket as well (I actually worked out that jacket with them before I had any idea what kind of jacket it really was, so I'm sorry for the inaccuracies that turned out to be in there). You're definitely right about the flexibility. The suede of the White Sheep Leather replica jacket for example is terrible compared to the UGG. The White Sheep Leather suede is thick, crude, hairy, much less flexible and subtle than the UGG is, which is very fine and subtle and has a nice shimmer in the light. I'm pretty sure that the jacket you have right now is much better than the White Sheep Leather in terms of materials and quality, so there's that.

As for the shoulders, the measurements used for this jacket might explain some of my issues with your jacket: the pointy shoulders. I don't know what measurements your shoulders have, what you've sent to Indy and how Indy implemented these in his design. I suspect it's from some sort of template, which also explains several other inaccuracies that shouldn't have been there if they used my measurements as template instead. The original UGG is pretty wide in the shoulders and the chest and armpits as well.

I'm also interested in pics of the collar (in fact pics showing the jacket in general, laying flat on the ground, front, back, etc.). It's a shame that the fur is not real shearling, as I have horrible flashbacks of the fake fur used in the White Sheep Leather replica, which was just ugly and showed the white knitted fabric through the fur at numerous places. The shearling of the UGG is much sturdier and durable, but not really soft like a soft teddy bear. I'm not sure if that will affect the thickness of the fur as the shearling on the UGG doesn't look that much thicker than the fur on yours. I think it's the alteration of the collar itself (pushing parts inwards and folding parts over and stitching it tight), that causes the collar to look thicker (because of the part that's pushed inwards underneath the fur).

As for suede coloring, I don't think Womble has done an awful lot. Just some weathering. Even in pristine condition the UGG suede is pretty dark/blackish brown, which also shows in the series already. And also there may be some very slight color differences in the suede that's used when making the UGG jackets. Some parts maybe a tiny bit darker than other parts. Overall you'd get the darker color effect, grease spots and wrinkles at the seams and whatever by simply wearing the jacket (and by doing so you're already in the process of weathering it). I'm 100% sure of that. ;)
I've had the pleasure to have the White Sheep Leather jacket as well (I actually worked out that jacket with them before I had any idea what kind of jacket it really was, so I'm sorry for the inaccuracies that turned out to be in there). You're definitely right about the flexibility. The suede of the White Sheep Leather replica jacket for example is terrible compared to the UGG. The White Sheep Leather suede is thick, crude, hairy, much less flexible and subtle than the UGG is, which is very fine and subtle and has a nice shimmer in the light. I'm pretty sure that the jacket you have right now is much better than the White Sheep Leather in terms of materials and quality, so there's that.

As for the shoulders, the measurements used for this jacket might explain some of my issues with your jacket: the pointy shoulders. I don't know what measurements your shoulders have, what you've sent to Indy and how Indy implemented these in his design. I suspect it's from some sort of template, which also explains several other inaccuracies that shouldn't have been there if they used my measurements as template instead. The original UGG is pretty wide in the shoulders and the chest and armpits as well.

I'm also interested in pics of the collar (in fact pics showing the jacket in general, laying flat on the ground, front, back, etc.). It's a shame that the fur is not real shearling, as I have horrible flashbacks of the fake fur used in the White Sheep Leather replica, which was just ugly and showed the white knitted fabric through the fur at numerous places. The shearling of the UGG is much sturdier and durable, but not really soft like a soft teddy bear. I'm not sure if that will affect the thickness of the fur as the shearling on the UGG doesn't look that much thicker than the fur on yours. I think it's the alteration of the collar itself (pushing parts inwards and folding parts over and stitching it tight), that causes the collar to look thicker (because of the part that's pushed inwards underneath the fur).

As for suede coloring, I don't think Womble has done an awful lot. Just some weathering. Even in pristine condition the UGG suede is pretty dark/blackish brown, which also shows in the series already. And also there may be some very slight color differences in the suede that's used when making the UGG jackets. Some parts maybe a tiny bit darker than other parts. Overall you'd get the darker color effect, grease spots and wrinkles at the seams and whatever by simply wearing the jacket (and by doing so you're already in the process of weathering it). I'm 100% sure of that. ;)

hi there Trev and Razor i saw you were looking for pictures of the collar. i dont have my magnoli jacket yet as its just been ordered but i do have an old jacket i got off ebay here are some pictures of the collar and jacket. the suede is not a patch on the original ugg its like you have all been saying, there is no movement or elasticity at all. It is a nice jacket aesthetically, but not the most comfortable!
IMG_20191019_174809.jpg
IMG_20191019_174937.jpg
IMG_20191019_174917.jpg
IMG_20191019_174948.jpg
IMG_20191019_175618 (1).jpg
IMG_20191019_174826.jpg
IMG_20191019_175724.jpg
IMG_20191019_174602.jpg
IMG_20191019_174656.jpg
IMG_20191019_174908.jpg

Last edited:
hi there Trev and Razor i saw you were looking for pictures of the collar. i dont have my magnoli jacket yet as its just been ordered but i do have an old jacket i got off ebay here are some pictures of the collar and jacket. the suede is not a patch on the original ugg its like you have all been saying, there is no movement or elasticity at all. It is a nice jacket aesthetically, but not the most comfortable!
Still a nice jacket overall from the looks of it. I will say for the price of most of those replicas they’re not bad you do get a similar jacket to Rick’s at a first glance but that’s all just similar.

Right now everyone’s working with Indy to tweak little things that will make a drastic difference in accuracy. If you’d like you could email them some of the notes gathered here recently on page 38 and 39 but that’s up to you otherwise your design will be identical to mine if that’s fine with you. I mean I love the Magnoli jacket I got but I still wanna work with everyone to get the design perfect if at all possible. I’m working on a very informative design note similar to Razors except applying it to this jacket with comparison to UGGs instead of vice versa as Razor has two UGGs that he’s using to give notes.

Still a nice jacket overall from the looks of it. I will say for the price of most of those replicas they’re not bad you do get a similar jacket to Rick’s at a first glance but that’s all just similar.

Right now everyone’s working with Indy to tweak little things that will make a drastic difference in accuracy. If you’d like you could email them some of the notes gathered here recently on page 38 and 39 but that’s up to you otherwise your design will be identical to mine if that’s fine with you. I mean I love the Magnoli jacket I got but I still wanna work with everyone to get the design perfect if at all possible. I’m working on a very informative design note similar to Razors except applying it to this jacket with comparison to UGGs instead of vice versa as Razor has two UGGs that he’s using to give notes.
hi Trevthats a good idea i will go back through the last couple of pages and mention everything, i also sent indy very specific instructions and highlited pictures of one of the collars on ricks jacket im not sure if its jacket 1 or 2 which somebody on here highlighted with very specific pictures, i have also tried to give indy what i think is the collar height as well, if you like i can upload these pics and whatever i have missed or got wrong perhaps you and |Razor and anyone else can point these out so there is a better chance of the accurate collar im open to suggestions and pointers.

Not sure if it'll mean anything, but depending on how well my fit compares to Razor1986 exact measurements for the large I could order a jacket with his exact measurements and give you guys feedback. Normally I'm a medium so it may be hard to determine which measurements to modify, but I have an abercrombie jacket with a full neck zip similar to the Ugg I could measure to see where the two line up and adjust Razor's measurements to my fit. Just as a reference I'm about 5'10 170 with a medium build

Not sure if it'll mean anything, but depending on how well my fit compares to Razor1986 exact measurements for the large I could order a jacket with his exact measurements and give you guys feedback. Normally I'm a medium so it may be hard to determine which measurements to modify, but I have an abercrombie jacket with a full neck zip similar to the Ugg I could measure to see where the two line up and adjust Razor's measurements to my fit. Just as a reference I'm about 5'10 170 with a medium build
Well I think for the jacket length total 27 inches is perfect because it goes right down to your pants zipper seeing as Indy measures length by neck seam down from the back of coat for personal measurements so 27 or 28 is perfect for Rick’s jacket unless you have an abnormally long torso that is

The things is that as soon as you start adjusting the jacket to your fit, you might be changing the shape and model of the jacket, hence my criticism of the made-to-measure approach. If you're normally an M then a standard L should fit you, albeit with an oversized fit, like Rick's "jacket 3" of which the ribbed panels on the sides of the jacket and the sleeves were taken in by the costume department.

Well I think for the jacket length total 27 inches is perfect because it goes right down to your pants zipper seeing as Indy measures length by neck seam down from the back of coat for personal measurements so 27 or 28 is perfect for Rick’s jacket unless you have an abnormally long torso that is

The original UGG jacket in L actually has a length of 70 cm (27,6 inch) measured from right next to the neck opening straight down and 69 cm (27,2 inch) from the middle of the neck opening straight down (the neck opening cuts 1 cm into the jacket at the back). So you're not that far off.

He might as well make a ‘Special’ tab for S, M, L and XL presets for complex designs like this because if this is true then the shoulders will indeed be different and maybe even pointy on certain measurements and the bottom width for some measurements might cause it to retain the boxy look.

Maybe we start from scratch and try to simply replicate the UGG and it’s various sizes for each measurements. You said you have a black one that’s XL? And a regular one that’s L? Because everyone can use those exact measurements at the very least to get the Rick Jacket #3 look for the L or XL depending on the buyer’s size.

Indeed. I would suggest offering this jacket in standard sizes as so-called 'starting templates' and allow for adjusments if the customer would want that. I'm sure it's relatively easy to figure out measurements for an M or S without altering the overall model of the jacket. But that would be up to Indy to decide.

Well he seems to be open minded to most suggestions on this thread I do love that about him and his company. But yeah as I suggested a Special tab or something in relation to this thread specifically with preset sizes would have the potential to sell a lot of jackets after the newest revision we’re assisting with as it seems there’s quite a bit of folks on this thread on standby but are surely going to purchase this replica.

I’m no expert or professional but I could for sure provide my measurements as a preset for.. maybe.. a Small-Medium-ish size haha idk

For the main zipper (front of jacket downwards)View attachment 1073887View attachment 1073888

Edit: below’s attachments are the side pocket zippers pics. No size displayed on those however
hi is the abercrombie you have similar in size and looks, Also did you check out the pictures of the collar i uploaded ,do you have any suggestions? cheers

Well he seems to be open minded to most suggestions on this thread I do love that about him and his company. But yeah as I suggested a Special tab or something in relation to this thread specifically with preset sizes would have the potential to sell a lot of jackets after the newest revision we’re assisting with as it seems there’s quite a bit of folks on this thread on standby but are surely going to purchase this replica.

I’m no expert or professional but I could for sure provide my measurements as a preset for.. maybe.. a Small-Medium-ish size haha idk
that sounds good trev i gave indy my sizes from one of my rick jackets which had the best suede on it which was from leatherware on ebay. This jacket fits perfectly and the shoulders mould to me excellently.

that sounds good trev i gave indy my sizes from one of my rick jackets which had the best suede on it which was from leatherware on ebay. This jacket fits perfectly and the shoulders mould to me excellently.
Good deal man I hope it’s a good purchase for ya. It was for me but hopefully we can get the design perfect in this thread since that’s why it was created of course

Good deal man I hope it’s a good purchase for ya. It was for me but hopefully we can get the design perfect in this thread since that’s why it was created of course
hi Trev i got my magnoli jacket back from the shop i left it at a while back, when i get 5 minutes i will post some pictures of it!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back