Walking Dead Rick Jacket

The key to getting Rick's jacket correct would indeed be basically copying the UGG jacket (minus the exterior chest pocket), but copying the UGG Belfast jacket 100% (with exterior chest pocket) could potentially bring this project into some legal issues. To prevent that I think that it's important to not include too many things that are on the original UGG, while they're not on Rick's jacket. But since Rick's jacket in TWD is an altered UGG jacket, it's inevitable that a lot of the original UGG jacket will get copied.

You're right about other replicas. Most "replica" makers basically focus on the brown suede leather and the collar and slap the name "Rick Grimes" on their jacket to make an easy buck out of it.
I have just sent a message to one of the ugg founders called Brian Smith asking him if he could look into making a custom one off jacket . When i get a reply i will let you know what he says.. of course thats if i get a reply! Having exhausted every avenue i can think of to get my hands on this jacket it seems to be the only option!

Very nice analysis James anything helps. Indy could probably use that to update the collar design if he wants to. Also is faux shearling any different that authentic shearling? And is UGG’s collar on the Belfast Suede a faux shearling or an authentic one? I guess it doesn’t really matter.

Very nice analysis James anything helps. Indy could probably use that to update the collar design if he wants to. Also is faux shearling any different that authentic shearling? And is UGG’s collar on the Belfast Suede a faux shearling or an authentic one? I guess it doesn’t really matter.
I sent all these detailed pictures and alot more to Indy when i ordered my jacket it took me hours to compile everything! Hopefully my collar will come out like this i have tried my very best to explain every nuance of the jacket and collar to him with the knowledge i have and what i have learned from people on this very long thread!I think Razor will know about the shearling being authentic or not as he has the ugg jacket .

True he does have an UGG. I don’t know why UGG discontinued that jacket honestly I mean look they think THIS looks good lmao Auden Shearling Aviator Jacket
i know what a pants jacket, and they want 2 grand for that but discontinue our hallowed bomber jacket why!!!!!!!!!!! i mean look at this its a work of art why stop making it i just dont get it and it winds me up! i swear one day i WILL get this jacket i swear!
674f1cfdf13257074f98348c5e901c7e (3).jpeg

like i say i have contacted one of the ugg founders as a slim hope he might help us all out! i would pay a RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF MONEY right now for this jacket!

hi trev this is my attempt at the folding over of the shearling on the left side of the collar to achieve the bulge effect one is obviously whitesheep and the other altered collar is leatherware on ebay who do a verg good attempt at the collar. Hopefully when i get my magnoli jacket it will come out like this and also have a good moulded body and shoulder fit as pyou and i think Razor were previously discussing. For some reason there are multiple posts of my pictures my computer flipped out and i cannot be bothered to edit everything and start again i have been working on these collars and messages to ugg and there co founder for about 3 hours now!

I sent all these detailed pictures and alot more to Indy when i ordered my jacket it took me hours to compile everything! Hopefully my collar will come out like this i have tried my very best to explain every nuance of the jacket and collar to him with the knowledge i have and what i have learned from people on this very long thread!I think Razor will know about the shearling being authentic or not as he has the ugg jacket .

The UGG jacket has real shearling. The label says 100% Toledo Shearling. Faux shearling is different from real shearling. Real shearling feels more durable (not so much softer) and with faux shearling you can see the white fabric underneath if you push aside the furry fluffs.

Then there's different quality of faux fur. For example, I'm not too fond of the one that's used on Trev's jacket. It reminds me a bit of the fur on my White Sheap Leather jacket. It looks kind of meh with the large fluffs with some of the white fabric visible underneath:

4C2AD42F-E92D-451F-883A-4D67E31D9F07.jpegimage 2.jpg

Compare it for example to this faux fur. My girlfriend has this jacket and the fur looks and feels way better:

s-l1600.jpg

Compare to an original UGG:

s-l1600 (2).jpg

I have just sent a message to one of the ugg founders called Brian Smith asking him if he could look into making a custom one off jacket . When i get a reply i will let you know what he says.. of course thats if i get a reply! Having exhausted every avenue i can think of to get my hands on this jacket it seems to be the only option!

like i say i have contacted one of the ugg founders as a slim hope he might help us all out! i would pay a RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF MONEY right now for this jacket!

hi trev this is my attempt at the folding over of the shearling on the left side of the collar to achieve the bulge effect one is obviously whitesheep and the other altered collar is leatherware on ebay who do a verg good attempt at the collar. Hopefully when i get my magnoli jacket it will come out like this and also have a good moulded body and shoulder fit as pyou and i think Razor were previously discussing. For some reason there are multiple posts of my pictures my computer flipped out and i cannot be bothered to edit everything and start again i have been working on these collars and messages to ugg and there co founder for about 3 hours now!

Did I mention legal issues? I did. Don't overdo it. By doing exactly what you've just done you may wake up sleeping dogs and alarm UGG about this project. You could cause Indy legal trouble and they could shut down this project, which would get us nowhere. I surely hope you didn't send a link to this forums or this project or Indy's site.

My second magnoli jacket should be despatched to me in about a week i have given indy insane details about the jacket and i have sent several pictures and detailed messages to try to get the collar like this picture here is hoping...View attachment 1080150View attachment 1080151View attachment 1080151View attachment 1080152View attachment 1080152View attachment 1080153View attachment 1080153View attachment 1080153View attachment 1080154

Good Lord. Indy must be having nightmares about this jacket by this point. o_O

Also, I'm really curious to check the stitch thread. On some pictures of Trev211996's jacket it looks alright, in others it looks a bit off. Also, it seems that there's two different colors used for stitching. The second (thinner) thread (visible on the inside of the jacket) seems a more lighter/yellowish brown thread, at the least different from the thicker main thread:

F026DE63-0EC3-453E-8498-F2E306F309F8.jpeg

Compare it to the stitch thread used on the original UGG in a picture with seemingly similar lighting conditions:

Pocket_One.jpg

Perhaps you could check and confirm my suspision Trev211996? Perhaps you can also check the color of the main stitch thread and see if you can see this reddish undertone?

The UGG jacket has real shearling. The label says 100% Toledo Shearling. Faux shearling is different from real shearling. Real shearling feels more durable (not so much softer) and with faux shearling you can see the white fabric underneath if you push aside the furry fluffs.

Then there's different quality of faux fur. For example, I'm not too fond of the one that's used on Trev's jacket. It reminds me a bit of the fur on my White Sheap Leather jacket. It looks kind of meh with the large fluffs with some of the white fabric visible underneath:

View attachment 1080239View attachment 1080240

Compare it for example to this faux fur. My girlfriend has this jacket and the fur looks and feels way better:

View attachment 1080242

Compare to an original UGG:

View attachment 1080241

Did I mention legal issues? I did. Don't overdo it. By doing exactly what you've just done you may wake up sleeping dogs and alarm UGG about this project. You could cause Indy legal trouble and they could shut down this project, which would get us nowhere. I surely hope you didn't send a link to this forums or this project or Indy's site.
i have not mentioned one thing about this thread or indy or the walking dead or anyone else at all i asked if he could make it happen for me to have a jacket no word was mentioned about anytthing to do with this thread in any shape or form

Here’s some close ups of the stitching Razor. As for the legal issues no I am not suggesting anything be 100% replicated I’m just suggesting UGG put this jacket back in production or one similar to it because their idea of “style” and “fashion” is a bit goofy considering their current listings at EXTREMELY overpriced points.

I could never warrant paying $2,000 for the jacket I listed from them above it did not even cost half of that to produce I can nearly speculate that as fact. However it does cause me to reconsider my previous point that the UGG Belfast Suede Bomber was overpriced maybe that $499 price point wasn’t so bad but then also taking into consideration the listing prices of their current jackets they might’ve discontinued due to greed considering the Belfast was NOT overpriced (in their scope) after all. I could most certainly be wrong though however seeing how corporations work nowadays it wouldn’t surprise me is all. UGG has quite the controversial trend here in America and is not a commonly used brand.

EDIT: Thanks for those pictures on the shearling Razor. So with all this it seems UGG uses the same style shearling on all of their jackets with this collar and that the Belfast Bomber’s was heavily thickened as per UGGs traditional style of collar choice. That is most likely why it was altered by Womble because it was far too thick and I’d imagine off-putting to us viewers seeing Rick walk around with this very thick collar negating his appearance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 420
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 516
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 723
Last edited:
i have not mentioned one thing about this thread or indy or the walking dead or anyone else at all i asked if he could make it happen for me to have a jacket no word was mentioned about anytthing to do with this thread in any shape or form
Here’s some close ups of the stitching Razor. As for the legal issues no I am not suggesting anything be 100% replicated I’m just suggesting UGG put this jacket back in production or one similar to it because their idea of “style” and “fashion” is a bit goofy considering their current listings at EXTREMELY overpriced points.

I could never warrant paying $2,000 for the jacket I listed from them above it did not even cost half of that to produce I can nearly speculate that as fact. However it does cause me to reconsider my previous point that the UGG Belfast Suede Bomber was overpriced maybe that $499 price point wasn’t so bad but then also taking into consideration the listing prices of their current jackets they might’ve discontinued due to greed considering the Belfast was NOT overpriced (in their scope) after all. I could most certainly be wrong though however seeing how corporations work nowadays it wouldn’t surprise me is all. UGG has quite the controversial trend here in America and is not a commonly used brand.
absolutely it probably boils down to greed and yes the ugg jacket you spoke about on their site is not worth 2 grand it isnt a shadow on the bomber jacket. for those of us who cannot get hold of the jacket it is unfair. finding one is impossible and the few rick jackets i do have are not a patch on the original in any way

And also if y’all need any pictures lemme know I’m always happy to help this thread. We can replicate this thing very accurately eventually but not UGG’s original variant. Only Womble altered version. Also doesn’t Rick in the comics have a similar jacket is that why I’m seeing some replicas more orange with no pockets and a thick white collar? His appear to look that way in the comics.

What I’m saying is with this I conclude that the idea for this jacket did indeed originate from the comics and is why Womble seeked out the Belfast Suede because it looked like a project she could alter (removing the pocket, distressing the jacket) to at least somewhat identify as being similar to Rick’s comic jacket.

absolutely it probably boils down to greed and yes the ugg jacket you spoke about on their site is not worth 2 grand it isnt a shadow on the bomber jacket. for those of us who cannot get hold of the jacket it is unfair. finding one is impossible and the few rick jackets i do have are not a patch on the original in any way
Yes it does suck but that’s companies for ya they will discontinue things that would appeal to more people. Oh well all we can do is try to accurately replicate Womble’s variant because as Razor stated they will send copyright watch dogs if we try to replicate their’s identically.

yes i understand what you mean completely i have now got to the point of altering things on the jacket myself to try and get it as close to one of ricks 3 jackets as possible i have been working on 3 jackets today and i have just finished altrering the whitesheep leather one i posted earlier did anybody see those pictures of the bulgey part of the collar? am i getting any closer people?:)

EDIT: Thanks for those pictures on the shearling Razor. So with all this it seems UGG uses the same style shearling on all of their jackets with this collar and that the Belfast Bomber’s was heavily thickened as per UGGs traditional style of collar choice. That is most likely why it was altered by Womble because it was far too thick and I’d imagine off-putting to us viewers seeing Rick walk around with this very thick collar negating his appearance.

Ok, thanks for the pictures. I see that you've taken pictures of the thicker main stitch thread. I just can't tell about the color of the stitch thread for sure. I can't replicate the yellowish color on my UGG jacket. On my jacket the thread has a reddish color, not yellow. Perhaps it's the lighting conditions on your end. I only know for sure if I get to see a sample in person. I will work that out.

I'm not sure what you mean with the "heavily thickened collar"? It's not that the shearling is thicker, in fact it's about the same. What I meant to show was that the texture of the faux shearling is finer with smaller curly fluffs.

Yes it does suck but that’s companies for ya they will discontinue things that would appeal to more people. Oh well all we can do is try to accurately replicate Womble’s variant because as Razor stated they will send copyright watch dogs if we try to replicate their’s identically.

Well, I would say "let sleeping dogs lie." I'm sure they don't have watchdogs actively looking into this jacket specifically, but alerting them about the fact that this project is happening isn't the smartest move I'd say.

yes i understand what you mean completely i have now got to the point of altering things on the jacket myself to try and get it as close to one of ricks 3 jackets as possible i have been working on 3 jackets today and i have just finished altrering the whitesheep leather one i posted earlier did anybody see those pictures of the bulgey part of the collar? am i getting any closer people?:)

Sure, the alterations on the collar look pretty good.

Oh yeah I understand about the watch dogs, as for the thickness the original UGG just looks really thick with lots more shearling than most replicas is all I meant but I do know some was cut by Womble for Andrew Lincoln to wear as Rick. Also what sort of picture regarding the stitching would you like me to take, I can take whatever you need my dude. And so wait are we attempting personal replication here? If so that’d be an interesting direction for this thread.

We do have multiple replicas to use for reference, between Razor’s two original UGG Belfast Suede Bombers, my Magnoli Suede and James multiple replicas and any one else wanting to join this project who may or may not have replicas might prove beneficial.

Interesting little fun fact that confirms what I thought that yes Womble seeked out a jacket similar to comic Rick’s and in doing so the closest she could find was the UGG Belfast Suede Bomber but to maintain similarities between comic version removed the pocket, UGG logos and altered collar to suit Comic Rick’s jacket. I though that was interesting. Here’s comic Rick vs TV Rick..

EDIT: This explains why some replicas out there are really bulky and brighter browned colored with whiter looking collar.. these replicas were attempting comic Rick’s jacket replication as they look much more similar to that than TV show jacket.

Attachments

• 7766D38A-2E50-4CF1-9646-88775408B6A5.jpeg
    7766D38A-2E50-4CF1-9646-88775408B6A5.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,413

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back