Walking Dead - Daryl Dixon's New Bike Replica Build

OK, guys, I need you to break this down for me like I'm six years old. lol

For the R6 front end conversion, is it correct to say that normally we would send out our Nighthawk lower and stem and the R6 upper clamp to Classified Moto, CM would do their magic and send it back...but because they are incommunicado right now, a work around would be:

Have a local shop press out the stem from the Yamaha lower, and replace it with a stem conversion from cognitomoto: STEM CONVERSION
and then buy the upper triple clamp from CM?UPPER TRIPLE CLAMP

Would that work?

I bought my parts from cognito Moto. Very fast service.

If you already have the lower yoke from the r6/R1, press the original stem out then press the longer stem in .

You'll need a new top yoke for riser mounts.
You can either drill the riser holes or select it on the website.

See my order.... It included the new bearings in the stem price.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200806_095831.jpg
    Screenshot_20200806_095831.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 110
I bought my parts from cognito Moto. Very fast service.

If you already have the lower yoke from the r6/R1, press the original stem out then press the longer stem in .

You'll need a new top yoke for riser mounts.
You can either drill the riser holes or select it on the website.

See my order.... It included the new bearings in the stem price.

Thank you. Sent them an e-mail.

Wow, they were super fast, had an order in within 5 minutes. Of course, I'd prefer the real thing...but lack of communication during this pandemic is a barrier. :)

Last edited:
Just heard back from Sleeper Designs. The intakes are $425 Shipped now, FYI. Classified is $536 shipped to my house.

Last edited:
I’m going to order the front brake lines in the next day or so, and I have the orders from you guys to go off of, thank you.

But one dumb question, how are the two lines connected at the top?

Adjustments.jpg

Are you guys welding stainless to carbon steel? For example, the front perforated metal to the bar stock...is the bar stock stainless? How about your MIG wire?

So.... thinking about the bag. A couple years ago, I bought this vintage Louis Vuitton suit bag to make watch straps out of...what if I made the bags out of this. lol the prop guys would kill me, the Classified Moto guys would kill me and the fashionistas would kill me. Lol.
IMG_9064.jpg

Ok guys last dumb question (until tomorrow, lol). I pressed out and then pressed in the new stem from Cognito Moto... then I realized there was a retaining ring on the old stem. Was that supposed to go on the new conversion stem? I don’t remember a groove for this- could have been there, but I don’t want to press it out again if I don’t have to....sigh. Sorry guys.

Are you meaning the spring clip on the very bottom of the original stem or the interference fit washer under the bearing? I didn't reuse that washer. There's a diagram with the kit.. I used one of the new thick washers under the bearing to space it to clear the frame headset tube
IMG_20200210_141247.jpg

OK, guys. We are not doing a full carry bag, right? RIGHT? ;) At least for the scene in Season 6, Episode 6, the bag looks more Olive drab than tan, is constructed like a saddlebag and has a weird zipper on the bottom of each bag. Plus the strap, and what looks like a wire handle.
Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 11.45.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 11.46.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 11.46.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 11.46.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 11.53.43 PM.png

Last edited:
Here, you can see the two zippers:
Bag1.png

This image is color corrected, so I guess we are back to a dark khaki.

Color Corrected.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back