Wal-Mart Plasma Cannon Completed

Okay, I'm a little late on a weekend update. I failed miserably at making a mold and then an impression of my proposed plasma canister. The fix it sculpt stuck to the mold like glue. Even though I used some six coats of clear gloss paint on the mold. So I'll be starting from scratch on the canister.

However, I did have some luck with a 8000mcd LED instead of the bend-a-light. I hope my 12v battery will last on it. it's very powerful. I sculpted some fine details onto the LED itself and then created a housing out of a bottle cap, fix-it sculpt, and left over model parts. It's simple but should make the LED a little less obvious . . . .

plasmacollector.jpg

collectorlit.jpg

I'll be slapping on some black paint and silver dry brushing.

cannonlit.jpg

You'll also notice a bit of sculpting on the cannon too. A rhino skin idea I had.

What do you guys think? Am I going in the right direction?

Ok, that looks f'n cool.

Question...how are you planning to activate the light? Will you run the wire down into your left wrist "console" or somewhere else?

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f224/thewerewolfoflondon/cannonlit.jpg[/img]

You'll also notice a bit of sculpting on the cannon too. A rhino skin idea I had.

What do you guys think? Am I going in the right direction?

You most definitely are!

I love the light effect :D and the shape of the cannon is unique, so it will certainly turn heads at the next con.

---
Ei'luj

Since this is my very first cannon I'm looking at making this one for display. It will be placed on a custom base I've yet to start work on and will have a small switch mounted on the underside. So when someone picks it up the switch releases and the LED lights up. I may make a functioning version later on down the road.

As for your question Magnus: I would definitely run the two small wires along the inner arm of a suit and to the wrist console.

It’s been a while. Pc and cam troubles . . . blah, blah, blah. So things slowed down a bit on the Wally World Cannon while I was unable to post. The kind words you receive here on the boards keep you going on a project like this. As for what I accomplished while away look no further than this post.

canister1.jpg

So my McDonald plasma canister idea worked out well. I used a gravy cup as a press mold to get the over all shape with Fix-It sculpt and then simply tore away styrofoam. I did a bit of sanding and then made a stencil for the ports in the canister. I dermaled the ports and then sanded them to the appropriate size. After that I sculpted each set of details separately. It took forever by the way.

cannon-1.jpg

Here’s what it looks like attached to the cannon. The second side to the canister is nearly finished. They’ll have to be cut down to fit between the two halves of the cannons barrel. A friend suggested I put a motor inside the canister so when the light is triggered it would spin but I’m not that tech savvy. Sounds cool though right? I may do it later on down the road.

Anyway, I plan on starting up again in the next week or two. What do you guys think?

lol! I saw this toy the other day at walmart when i was looking around :mad: You made it look magnificent, awesome job :mad:

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back