Wal-Mart Plasma Cannon Completed

So my wally world canon has been on the back burner on and off for a while now. So I figured it was finally time to finish it up. Here's what it currently looks like:

plasmacanon.jpg

This is to match my custom P1 bio. So you'll see some designs carried over from that and into the canon. I have a tiny bit more sculpting and detailing to do. Then it's time for paint. I'd give it a little over two weeks and I should be posting some finished pics. As always . . tell me what you think.

Somehow I missed this thread in all of my thread hunting. Very nice build! Looking forward to seeing this finished up soon, though, I won't be coming back to this thread until I finish my own because I don't want it influencing my own design :)

Finished up the last bit of sculpting. This added a spine to the plasma canister. Took a lot of time waiting on each section to dry before starting the next. If I'm lucky no other ideas will pop into my head and I can lay down some primer tomorrow and go from there.

canonspine.jpg

Hey guys. I'm glad to say I've finally completed my plasma cannon. As you may or may not know the cannon was created from a five dollar toy gun bought at wal-mart. The plasma canister and a great many of the final details were added or sculpted by me. The finished cannon was painted to match my customized P1 Bio.

I used multiple techniques to get the final paint including stippling and dry brush work. There were a few set backs here and there but usually nothing I couldn't handle. In the end it took some time but I'm very much satisfied with the end result. Tell me what do you guys think . . .

cannon-2.jpg

cannon3.jpg

cannon2.jpg

cannon4.jpg

cannon5.jpg

cannonandbio.jpg

[quote name='A Hunter's Moon' post='276876' date='Feb 15 2011, 04:18 PM']Hey guys. I'm glad to say I've finally completed my plasma cannon. As you may or may not know the cannon was created from a five dollar toy gun bought at wal-mart. The plasma canister and a great many of the final details were added or sculpted by me. The finished cannon was painted to match my customized P1 Bio.

I used multiple techniques to get the final paint including stippling and dry brush work. There were a few set backs here and there but usually nothing I couldn't handle. In the end it took some time but I'm very much satisfied with the end result. Tell me what do you guys think . . .[/quote]
Most totally wicked to say the least-- great innovation and imagination!!!!

I love the innovation on the Cannon, A Hunter's Moon. The illumination on the Cannon will really make it stand out if you plan on doing any Con Hunts. I love the front part of the bio you customized as well, if you were going for your own custom theme with a suit or just those 2, you did an OUSTANDING job on it.

And to answer Eaglewood's question, yes apparently for some time - Epic - is the new word for cool.

Very very awesome job done on the Bio & Caster, dude.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back