Vulcan Lirpa - Amok Time

Top photo is the initial mockup (second photo is what it should look like)

Vulcan Lirpa build for WonderCon Anaheim. . in . . .11 days.

Blade = 3 x 1/8" Sintra
Handle = 3/4" PVC
Bottom = OXO brand toilet bowl brush holder

IMG_20170320_061924_180.jpg
Star-Trek-The-Original-Series-Vulcan-Lirpa-1.jpg

Considering how some of the props were made, your base might not be far off from the original. The original might've been a rope cordon pole base, or a from a patio umbrella, or.... ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Indeed, the base needs some width, which I will add via EVA foam, wrapped around and tapered at the top, to get the finished shape I will cover with Bondo (bondo-sand-bondo-sand-bondo-sand) until the approximate shape.

'From scraps, from scratch'

Just a few in progress. . .

Finished up the distressing and painting of the PVC pipe handle, looks passable at 6 - 10feet (cosplay close photo range). Removed the ink markings and then ran a rasp up and down the pvc pipe, took simple brown acrylic paint ($1.00 at Michaels) and rubbed in with a paper towel. Going to clear coat it for durability.

1490360830630_2022100304_e967b7e3_v1.jpg
Cut some EVA and will wrap the base of the toilet bowl brush holder then add some triangles of EVA to get the shape all the way to the top. Then bondo-sand-bondo-sand.
IMG_20170324_060610.jpg

Will post more in progress. . . darn full time job keeps getting in the way of progress! Queue fight music!

Re: Vulcan Lirpa - Amok Time *WonderCon Photos*

A little of the action at WonderCon
IMG_20170331_172239.jpg
The lovely and ever wonderful Scruffy Rebel
IMG_20170331_134850.jpg
At the Hollywood SciFi Museum set. . .
IMG_20170331_132246.jpg
Oh Padme. . . you temptress. . . 'Jake, you know how many times I just hand over my lirpa to some girl, because I'm just too torqued up to say no'
IMG_20170331_181535.jpg
Fantastic fellow Trekkie. . .Trekker. . .Trekkite

Re: Vulcan Lirpa - Amok Time *WonderCon Photos*

What a great idea for cons! I love it!
may I ask where you bought the toilet bowl brush holder?

A-ha, it's a tribble slicer? Slices, dices, makes tribble kabobs. Now how much would you pay for this prop replica? Wait, there's more — it also appeals to pretty ladies at conventions. =:)

It looks like an OXO toilet bowl brush (I don't recall the prior posts) holder. Used to sell them at Tarjay among other places.

Yyyyyep! OP appears to have the older style like I have in one or two of my bathrooms.

Though OXO's hide-away plunger looks more like the correct shape for a lirpa.

OXO Good Grips Hideaway Toilet Plunger and Canister https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006P93BDS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_Q3V5ybGZMHZ4K

Last edited:
Absolutely it is an OXO toilet bowl brush. . .It was a bit old, say four years . . . Tarjay, BB&B, etc has similar ones.

**BIG REGRET** No built in sound effects. . .25 - 30 people walked by and did the fight music. . .So that will be a future add.

Absolutely it is an OXO toilet bowl brush. . .It was a bit old, say four years . . . Tarjay, BB&B, etc has similar ones.

**BIG REGRET** No built in sound effects. . .25 - 30 people walked by and did the fight music. . .So that will be a future add.
I have the GNP Crescendo CD of music by Sol Kaplan which I think includes the original. Hrm, if you could imbed an MP3 player and small speaker …*maybe a player with remote Bluetooth control that you could hide on the shaft …!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back