ST:TOS Doomsday Machine and Captain Kirk Cosplay

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Cosplay prop for Captain Kirk with green tunic cosplay. From the Star Trek TOS 'The Doomsday Machine' episode. . .this is the Doomsday Machine build. . .dadadada, dadadaaaaa, dadadadaaaaaaa.

Materials: PVC 4" pipe, PVC 4" coupling, 6" to 8" duct reducer, foam matts, Sintra 1/8" sheets, All Purpose Bondo, Smooth-On 2 Part Air Epoxy, Tamiya PS-43 translucent orange, Rustoleum Mirror Silver, PS-19, PS-59. 6 little Loctite Gel SuperGlue. Strobe flashlight for lighting.

Pretty simple build. A lot of eyeballing the size, as I wanted to it to be carried at a Con. It ended up being a touch over 3' long.

Assembled exclusively with Loctite SuperGlue, the 'tail' section detaches and there is room, no joke, for a tribble, a leash (see photo with Oberyn Martell), and your wallet.

Texture was achieved with All-Purpose Bondo applied with a paper towel or piece of cardboard. Quite a bit of sanding. Tail was Smooth-On 2 Part Air Epoxy formed to a cone-ish point.

Painting was a primer layer with Rustoleum Mirror Silver, then the PS-19, accents with the darker PS-59, then 'line/ridge' highlights with a Sharpie Silver paint pen. Used the PS-43 to paint the 'lens' inside the maw the yellow/orange. I shaped the transparent lens by heating it and pushing it into a bowl shape. . .with a bowl.

PS. Chicks dig a guy with a Planet Destroyer.

Attachments

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Apollo

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Love it!

We used to call it "the giant horn of plenty" in the 70's! :lol

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I would totally love to have one of these!!! It looks fantastic!

asalaw

Sr Member
Uhhhh... I really hope that thing's housebroken, or you're gonna have pure anti-proton poo -- absolutely pure!! :p