Video Prop Reviews (Latest: Indiana Jones Grail Manuscript & GoT Longclaw/Ice Sword)

canadapost

Hey collectors, I recently started posting some prop reviews on YouTube and I thought I'd share them here as well in case you're interested.
And please give me feedback! I'm a novice when it comes to making videos, so please hit me up with suggestions on formatting, content, editing, etc.

I hope to do at least one or two a week, so stay tuned!

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ModernCollector/

Latest:

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - Grail Manuscript (1912, Donovan's Friar & Grail Knight)

Created by: Prop Movie Studios (via Sarednab)

Reviews:

MIB - Noisy Cricket

Created by: Factory Entertainment

James Bond - Rebreather Evolution Set

Created by: Factory Entertainment

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - Grail Diary

Created by: Sarednab

The Dark Knight - Viral Gotham National Bank (GNB) Totebag/ Courier Bag

Created by: The Dark Knight Viral Campaign

Captain America - Vibranium Shield

Created by: Since this is posted on YouTube, I didn't say who the creator is for privacy reasons. But if you own one of these, it's a beautiful thing. ;)

Manfrotto 502AH Pro Video Tripod Head

A review of a new tripod head I use to create my videos. This thing is amazing.

Screen-Used Prop: Elysium - Kruger's (Sharlto Copley) Bloodied Shirt

Created by: Elysium Production Team.

Star Trek: The Original Series Communicator

Created by: Master Replicas (2004)

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - Holy Grail Cup / Cup of ******

Created by: geneva-roth-holding-corp (eBay)

Game of Thrones: Longclaw, Sword and Scabbard of Jon Snow (HBO Show Version)

Created by: Valyrian Steel

Game of Thrones: Ice, Sword and Scabbard of Ned Stark (HBO Show Version)

Created by: Valyrian Steel

Thanks!

Last edited:
Re: Video Prop Reviews (Latest: Elysium Kruger's Bloody Shirt & Captain America Shiel

To your question in the Cap Video. Are you referring to the part where he hides his body behind the shield when the alien was going to throw the grenade at him during the indoor fight and he gets blasted out the window?

Re: Video Prop Reviews (Latest: Elysium Kruger's Bloody Shirt & Captain America Shiel

To your question in the Cap Video. Are you referring to the part where he hides his body behind the shield when the alien was going to throw the grenade at him during the indoor fight and he gets blasted out the window?

Hmm... the scene I was mentioned happened in the middle of the street.

There was some fighting happening up the road and instead of just running across the street, Cap jumped over a cab and hid/tucked his entire body behind his shield to 'shield' himself from any damage. It was pretty epic.

I remember having the same feeling watching that scene as when he bounced Iron Man's repulsor beam off his shield to neutralize multiple enemies on the bridge.

Maybe I saw a slightly different version of the film - anyone else remember seeing this?

I caught the film during the midnight showing at AMC on 34th street in NYC.

Re: Video Prop Reviews (Latest: Star Trek Communicators & Captain America Shield)

AAAaaaannnnnnnnnndddd SUBSCRIBED!

Re: Video Prop Reviews (Latest: Indiana Jones Holy Grail Cup & Captain America Shield

Thank you for the great review! I was looking at this as well as the Fertility Idol that they offer. I didn't see the Idol in any of your reviews. Wondering if anyone on here has bought it or not. It's offered at a very reasonable price and the feedback I have seen on their profile for the Idol have been good.

The Holy Grail Cup looks really good though! :)

Re: Video Prop Reviews (Latest: Indiana Jones Holy Grail Cup & Captain America Shield

Thank you for the great review! I was looking at this as well as the Fertility Idol that they offer. I didn't see the Idol in any of your reviews. Wondering if anyone on here has bought it or not. It's offered at a very reasonable price and the feedback I have seen on their profile for the Idol have been good.

The Holy Grail Cup looks really good though! :)

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback! :D It's currently sitting on my shelf and I love seeing the gold leaf shine every time I walk past it. Definitely stands out in my collection.

And I do have a Fertility Idol as you might have seen from some of my background shots, but it's the bronze cast one from Hand-Schaub. Hopefully someone here will have experience with the Idol from this eBay seller.

So it was your video that I found on youtube when googling the Captain America shield review. Yeah, that spun aluminum shield is definitely a work of art. And a nice informative video review as well. Love the extra touch with the BrotherFoster ID plate.

So it was your video that I found on youtube when googling the Captain America shield review. Yeah, that spun aluminum shield is definitely a work of art. And a nice informative video review as well. Love the extra touch with the BrotherFoster ID plate.

Thanks for the kind words!

eFX finally released their version as well - hope that turns out as well as I've come to expect for everyone who ordered one.

Re: Video Prop Reviews (Latest: Game of Thrones Longclaw Sword & Captain America Shie

Great Longclaw review, you just made my mind up, I need to get this.

Re: Video Prop Reviews (Latest: Game of Thrones Longclaw Sword & Captain America Shie

Nice review on the sword! I've been fancying the Ice sword for a while now, might well be checking out your review when you get it. Shame there's no scabbard for it yet.

Re: Video Prop Reviews (Latest: Game of Thrones Longclaw Sword & Cap Shield)

Great Longclaw review, you just made my mind up, I need to get this.

Haha I'm happy to help you part ways with some $$$. :D

It really is a great prop and I didn't think I'd love the thing so much. I just got back from watching Godzilla so I haven't had a chance to check out tonight's episode - I hope it was a good one!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice review on the sword! I've been fancying the Ice sword for a while now, might well be checking out your review when you get it. Shame there's no scabbard for it yet.

No scabbard you say? Hmmmmmm...... I guess I'll have to change that. ;)

Last edited:

And apparently, won't ever be! I asked about it and was told no. I I feel a build thread coming on...

And apparently, won't ever be! I asked about it and was told no. I I feel a build thread coming on...

You asked Valyrian Steel about this?

Haha I didn't ask, but I kind of assumed they wouldn't be doing one considering the what the scabbard is... It might turn out looking like they've just impaled a huge sword into a stuffed animal.

Yeah, I asked Valyrian Steel. I actually haven't been able to find any pics of the scabbard really, it seems like everyone is more interested in the sword (which is reasonable I guess...).

Re: Video Prop Reviews (Latest: Game of Thrones Longclaw Sword & Cap Shied)

Yeah, I asked Valyrian Steel. I actually haven't been able to find any pics of the scabbard really, it seems like everyone is more interested in the sword (which is reasonable I guess...).

I received the first component for the scabbard I'm attempting to create today.

Started a build thread if you're interested:

http://www.therpf.com/f9/game-thron...bard-build-warning-may-offensive-some-214041/

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back