Prop Store

Screen Used Knight Holy Grail Sword

Discussion in 'Production Made Costumes and Props' started by TheDisturbance, Jun 20, 2006.

1. TheDisturbance

TheDisturbance Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hi,

I found the original screen used sword used by the Holy Grail Knight from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. I was wondering how much is this worth? The seller was asking for I think $19,000 for it. Is it really worth this much to somebody? I was shocked it was worth that much. It was framed with COA and everything. The sword looked really nice and pristine.

Mark

2. dualedge

dualedge Sr Member

If it's got airtight provenance, sure, somebody would likely pay that much. Key Indy props are highly desirable but proving authenticity and that it actually was in fact screen-used is another matter entirely. Without more info as to it's provenance, it's tough to say more.

3. Darkknight0667

Darkknight0667 Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(TheDisturbance @ Jun 20 2006, 03:07 AM) [snapback]1264389[/snapback]</div>
    The answer is the same as for anything: Exactly what someone is willing to pay for it. If someone is willing to pay $19K for it, then that's what it's worth. If nobody bites and the guy has to drop his price to say $10K before finding a buyer, then that's what it's worth.

Plus, it's all subjective anyway. The guy that drops $19K for this may feel that he's gotten a bargain, while you or I may think he's gotten taken.

4. TheDisturbance

TheDisturbance Well-Known Member

There is sufficient provenance. I have no doubt it's the real deal.

Mark