Video Game Batmobile WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray22

Sr Member
Okay after making 3 Star Wars themed kits in a row I needed a break and something different so this has been on my must build before I die list. I wanted to do a small scale 1999 eagle but that will be for fun and it's still a spaceship and I wanted to do something like a vehicle. Okay tell me that car was not bad ass in the game just sitting there! to bad you weren't able to drive it in the game it's like going to a strip club Look but don't touch Lol! So I said I'll make one for myself being the only thing out there is the Hotweels version at 2 3/4 inches thats not good enough so here is my version in the works it comes in close to the size and scale as the 89 Hotwheels 1:18 Keaton Batmobile stay tunned same Bat channel, oh thats a different car :facepalm.

Last edited:
Wow that's awesome Ray.....damn that's not an easy subject
to pull off with all those compound curves! Looking real clean
and slick brother. MAY THE CLAY BE WITH YOU!:lol:thumbsup

Thanks guys for the kind words and you know if It gets a thumbs up from Al that means something especially with his automotive background. :thumbsup

Nice work. It's an interesting design, even though it looks like it has a gigantic 4 cylinder engine.

If I knew there was a Hotwheels I would have bought one.

Very impressive, smooth finish, can't wait to see it painted up. I will also be having a go at this batmobile but in 1/25th scale to match up with the ertl/amt and moebius kits. Have you considered any paints to use, from a few searches it seems Tamiyas TS-29 semi-gloss spray is the way to go. Also would love to know what you used for a reference, I have a 1/6th scale pep file, that I'm hoping to get unfolded and scaled down. sorry for all the questions :wacko

Thanks Randy, there was a mishap over the weekend:sick. I had the pattern drying by the window and a few hours later I forgot and elbowed it and I saw it going out the window in slow motion 16 floors later it crashed to earth when I ran down stairs It looked like a mini plane crash. I put it all in a plastic bag and just stared at it for awhile after the anger died down I started taking all the glued parts off the sculpted parts and started over, mind you in the last pics I was 2 weeks into it. I'll post some pics of the wreakage and then some progress shot later tonight.
Ray

Ouch.

I guess that Batmobile can't go down walls.

Reminds me of a friend who made a model replica of his truck. After he painted it he opened the basement window to help it dry and cut grass poured in and covered it.

thats really crappy about the fall, but your work seems fantastic i can't wait to see the wreckage though. i know it sounds horrible but its amazing to see something go so wrong and then be made to turn out so right yet again.

cheers

Hey guys I promised pics of the crashed model and some new out of the body shop pics Lol, she's almost back to normal.
002-3.jpg

001-2.jpg
003-3.jpg

004-3.jpg

007-2.jpg
008-2.jpg

That would be a treat to learn how to build something like that Al, I would love to do a small scale Prometheus ship once there is sufficient reference out on it.

Wow, Ray...you weren't kidding about the pieces! But, man you got some real talent putting that back together like that. That's AMAZING! Good luck and keep us posted!!

Thanks guys for the kind words I was just glad that I was able to bring it back from the dead today I started to work on the side that has a recessed area that has some pipes and stuff that plate will be made seperate and made to be inserted I cut styrene sections that would act as a skeleton then used the magic sculpt to sculpt and contour the shape and a few hours later sand and prime tomorrow I will do the other side and start on the backside with the turbine area then detailing then wheels.
001-3.jpg

002-4.jpg

[IM
007-3.jpg
G]http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l548/raymond_perez1/Updated%20Batmobile/003-4.jpg[/IMG]
005-3.jpg

003-4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back