Video Game Batmobile WIP

Discussion in 'General Modeling' started by Ray22, Mar 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray22

Ray22 Sr Member

Okay after making 3 Star Wars themed kits in a row I needed a break and something different so this has been on my must build before I die list. I wanted to do a small scale 1999 eagle but that will be for fun and it's still a spaceship and I wanted to do something like a vehicle. Okay tell me that car was not bad * in the game just sitting there! to bad you weren't able to drive it in the game it's like going to a strip club Look but don't touch Lol! So I said I'll make one for myself being the only thing out there is the Hotweels version at 2 3/4 inches thats not good enough so here is my version in the works it comes in close to the size and scale as the 89 Hotwheels 1:18 Keaton Batmobile stay tunned same Bat channel, oh thats a different car :facepalm.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
    robn1 likes this.
  2. IEDBOUNTYHUNTER

IEDBOUNTYHUNTER Sr Member

dvdvdfvsdfsdvsdf

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  3. yuumi2891103

yuumi2891103 Sr Member

Such a great work !!
    Keep us posted please.

4. 3d-builder

3d-builder Sr Member

Wow that's awesome Ray.....* that's not an easy subject
    to pull off with all those compound curves! Looking real clean
    and slick brother. MAY THE CLAY BE WITH YOU!:lol:thumbsup

5. 3d-builder

3d-builder Sr Member

Oops double post. :)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  6. Ray22

Ray22 Sr Member

Thanks guys for the kind words and you know if It gets a thumbs up from Al that means something especially with his automotive background. :thumbsup

7. Jawafive

Jawafive Sr Member

Awesome work!!

8. terryr

terryr Sr Member

Nice work. It's an interesting design, even though it looks like it has a gigantic 4 cylinder engine.

If I knew there was a Hotwheels I would have bought one.

9. Forge

Forge Member

Very impressive, smooth finish, can't wait to see it painted up. I will also be having a go at this batmobile but in 1/25th scale to match up with the ertl/amt and moebius kits. Have you considered any paints to use, from a few searches it seems Tamiyas TS-29 semi-gloss spray is the way to go. Also would love to know what you used for a reference, I have a 1/6th scale pep file, that I'm hoping to get unfolded and scaled down. sorry for all the questions :wacko

10. Randy13

Randy13 Well-Known Member

Holy scratch build batman, this is fantastic work Ray!

11. Ray22

Ray22 Sr Member

Thanks Randy, there was a mishap over the weekend:sick. I had the pattern drying by the window and a few hours later I forgot and elbowed it and I saw it going out the window in slow motion 16 floors later it crashed to earth when I ran down stairs It looked like a mini plane crash. I put it all in a plastic bag and just stared at it for awhile after the anger died down I started taking all the glued parts off the sculpted parts and started over, mind you in the last pics I was 2 weeks into it. I'll post some pics of the wreakage and then some progress shot later tonight.
    Ray

12. terryr

terryr Sr Member

Ouch.

I guess that Batmobile can't go down walls.

Reminds me of a friend who made a model replica of his truck. After he painted it he opened the basement window to help it dry and cut grass poured in and covered it.

13. mcnopants13

mcnopants13 New Member

thats really crappy about the fall, but your work seems fantastic i can't wait to see the wreckage though. i know it sounds horrible but its amazing to see something go so wrong and then be made to turn out so right yet again.

cheers

14. Ray22

Ray22 Sr Member

Hey guys I promised pics of the crashed model and some new out of the body shop pics Lol, she's almost back to normal.[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

15. IEDBOUNTYHUNTER

hfbrtfgfgfbf

16. Ray22

Ray22 Sr Member

That would be a treat to learn how to build something like that Al, I would love to do a small scale Prometheus ship once there is sufficient reference out on it.

17. IEDBOUNTYHUNTER

sfafafasfasfafs

18. yuumi2891103

yuumi2891103 Sr Member

Joyful joyful. Al-san Ray-san. I love to hear that kind of conversation between you two.:lol

19. daverep

daverep Active Member

Wow, Ray...you weren't kidding about the pieces! But, man you got some real talent putting that back together like that. That's AMAZING! Good luck and keep us posted!!

20. Ray22

Ray22 Sr Member

Thanks guys for the kind words I was just glad that I was able to bring it back from the dead today I started to work on the side that has a recessed area that has some pipes and stuff that plate will be made seperate and made to be inserted I cut styrene sections that would act as a skeleton then used the magic sculpt to sculpt and contour the shape and a few hours later sand and prime tomorrow I will do the other side and start on the backside with the turbine area then detailing then wheels.[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [IM[​IMG]G]http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l548/raymond_perez1/Updated%20Batmobile/003-4.jpg[/IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. IEDBOUNTYHUNTER

vnbbfhgytyughgh

22. Ray22

Ray22 Sr Member

You and Mike will get #2 and #3 Al if all goes well and if it looks good enough to mold I know the wheels will be a bit of a pain if I don't find some pre-made.

23. IEDBOUNTYHUNTER

dhdhdhdhdhd

24. Ray22

Ray22 Sr Member

That's an idea but have no idea what you said Lol it's all Alien technology to me see I knew you were using some Men in Black technology Al. But seriously what would you need a pic of the wheels and the dimensions?

25. IEDBOUNTYHUNTER

qrqrqrqrqwrqwrewrw

26. Ray22

Ray22 Sr Member

I'll shoot you some pics Al of the wheels of the game car or if I can find a similiar style in a R.C. car wheel and on the dimensions I have to fix the wheel wells in the front they seem a bit off so once I get that addressed then I'll know what size wheels and tires to go with because its two different wheels and tires the rear are larger than the front or maybe I can see if I can do them all the same size.

27. Ray22

Ray22 Sr Member

Okay gang got some work done on the Bat Ride a weekend ago I was looking at a bag of broken pieces after it fell out the window I came close to throwing the pattern in the trash but that's what the joker would have wanted Lol so here is where I'm at now I pretty much have the body sealed up except the front which I have to do the engine section and dremel out the wheel wells to the right shape make the rear turbine and side details and other stuff.[​IMG]
    .[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. IEDBOUNTYHUNTER

fgbfffddfhfd

29. Scott Graham

Scott Graham Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Very cool looking ride Ray!

30. Ray22

Ray22 Sr Member

You got it Al, and thanks Scott cut the rear wing out may have to adjust it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  31. moffeaton

moffeaton Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

That's pretty amazing work you got there!

32. REL

REL Sr Member

Now that is cool looking. Not an easy shape to sculpt either.

33. Randy13

Randy13 Well-Known Member

Awesome work Ray! I’m glad you didn’t give up on this after the fall.

34. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Looks really good. I like the designs in the Arkham series, it has enough of a throwback feel of the 90's cartoon a lot of us grew up on. Helps that some of the voice actors were the originals too.

35. Ray22

Ray22 Sr Member

Thanks Scott, Jason , Rich, Wes ,Randy and Rich I know something like this is childs play with your sculpting skills and background. I wanted to do something other than the Sci-fi realm and wanted one of these Batmobiles but no one makes one except the Small Hotwheels toy so I said I accept the challenge Sah!!! Lol.

36. Ray22

Ray22 Sr Member

Small update guys was trying my hand at a wheel pattern just for fun I may just send this one out to Al (IEDBOUNTYHUNTER) for size and reference to have one drwn up on a computer and printed how cool is that real proffesional stuff that I have no knowledge on how to do very nice of Al to offer his help on this well here is my version of re-inventing the wheel Lol I decided to go with one size for both sets on some pics it looks like the car has smaller wheels in the front and larger ones in the back Frak that! all one size.[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

37. IEDBOUNTYHUNTER

sdhshswew

38. yuumi2891103

yuumi2891103 Sr Member

I'm waiting for this part of the build. Seems nothing wrong with the same sized wheels. Very cool.

39. Ray22

Ray22 Sr Member

Well working out the wheel size and went with the same size and made some resin copies not to shabby for an experiment with the wheels will make some type of linkage to have turnable front wheels, to the Batcave!:behave
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

40. IEDBOUNTYHUNTER

fdfssffgfsgs

41. Ray22

Ray22 Sr Member

I'm trying Al , I'm trying Lol, today is the 2nd week anniversary of the Batmobile going out the window I better hurry up and get this puppy in silicone with my accident prone * Lol. Got a little done today with the detail greeblies that are on each side of the car pipes and stuff in between watching "Noting Hill" with Julia Roberts, the Rayster loves a good love story Lol! here are a few shots.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

42. simplecomplex

simplecomplex Active Member

This is just incredible, I'm subscribing and ogling your work!

43. Jawafive

Jawafive Sr Member

Oh my goodness...just beautiful.

44. J Scorn

J Scorn Sr Member

awesome sauce!

45. Damocles

Damocles Active Member

Awesome stuff Ray. Are going to go with a flat black or metallic color, blue/black, etc?

46. Ray22

Ray22 Sr Member

Thanks guys and yes Carlos I was thinkiing about the paint blue black or a satin black finish with the engine parts and details in a silverish or gun metal color I'm not the best painter so I'm winging it we'll see or when I cast the body I'll do two paint versions and take a vote Batmobile 2012 Lol.

47. Ray22

Ray22 Sr Member

Just a small update today did a little detailing on the engine section today after I casted a couple of my kits, I made the pipes that go into the center part with wooden dowels cut at an angle and sanded them down until they fit into the space, time consuming crap but it's those little details that bring it out. I hope to mold this thing within the next couple of weeks.[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

48. 3d-builder

3d-builder Sr Member

:facepalm That's so nice !!

49. yuumi2891103

yuumi2891103 Sr Member

Wild and sweet !!:love

50. IEDBOUNTYHUNTER

fsserefad