Veektohr's Half-builds & The Occasional Finished One - Zombie MGCs

Re: Flash-Bashes and Blasters (Update: hot-blued DEC scope - nice!)

I also thought one. Did they do it to more than one? :(

Nope, both :(

Here´s the original post:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=257536

88cbdc4df17df71d6c20bf642216e467.jpg

It sucks what happened to those MGCs. I was writing a post to suggest getting a mail forwarding service so you guys can bid on japanese auctions - I got a gold one for $80. But, there is no way to pay as they don't accept foreign cards. It sucks that it is completely closed off. Although I have no idea how to keep mine once I move back to the UK, a gold mgc or a DL44 would be illegal to import.

a gold mgc or a DL44 would be illegal to import.

Sell your existing collection for top-dollar in Japan then buy new guns when you get here and build a fresh collection.
You can buy the gold MGC and Marushin pfc guns and blank-firers in the UK if you are over 18. No licence required.
Here's a gold Marushin Mauser I bought last month;

2016-04-04 09.59.02.jpg

You can even buy ones which are not gold or brightly coloured if the seller has a painting service where they coat the gun in easily removable bright paint which you then clean off after delivery (this is 'technically illegal' circumventing of the regs of course but you're not going to wave it around in public are you?).

Last edited:

You can buy gold MGC and Marushin pfc guns and blank-firers in the UK if you are over 18. No licence required. Here's a Marushin Mauser I bought last month;
View attachment 611120

I won't be able to bring mine back in hold luggage or be able to send it via post unless I am a member of something etc. Retailers only have to obey that a certain % of the gun is a wacky colour to sell it to somebody. Bringing one you already own into the UK is slightly different. I'd have to post it to a museum or a reenactor, especially if I convert them into a dl44 ("realistic firearm")

Sorry mortifactor I edited my post to include my suggestion you sell in Japan after you had replied. Apologies for the confusing running order...

After a lot of very tense phone calls we finally reached an agreement. They had done a few things beyond this that were very shady when I looked back, which thankfully I had documented. I was able to leverage those to bring them around. It was such a nightmare... I'm glad it's all over with.

Now I'm back to the Denix... which is actually very fun to modify. Hopefully I'll be able to add mine to the ranks of all the recent high-level conversions people have been posting lately.

Ouch. Looks like a Bodenfund.
I hope they offered a compensation.

Haven't posted in my own thread for a while. I haven't had much time to do anything super productive on SW stuff lately, but new Obi-parts deserve a post darn it!

jxUiA3P.jpg

Found a pineapple with chunkier cubes, a gender-swapped balance pipe (shoutout to NeoRutty), and a real handwheel!

I haven't decided on how to fit the handwheel to the rod, but I'll probably just drill & tap it. Seems like the path of least resistance there. I'm terrified of drilling the d-ring hole.

The new grenade is nice! Chunky like I said, although with a little pitting. The top brass doesn't quite screw in all the way, so I'll have to address that eventually, but it still feels good. I love having a display grenade too :)

eHbv3Vf.jpg

3t1FGGC.jpg

wCqVXaj.jpg

I should really get off my butt and get a bubble strip in there too... all my calculators are in the bottom bin, though!

Paging Santa for an ANM2 booster...

Last edited:
Re: Flash-Bashes and Blasters (Obi Saber Upgrayyyydez)

Aw there's the little guy, (shout out to @Teecooz as well... he got that BP originally) heh. Man the real weathering always looks awesome on BPs.

My pineapple is of the chunkier variety as well, but not gonna lie, it was tough to let the other go... just in case the actual was the thinner cubes...

I mean... do we KNOW it's chunkier? I can't really tell by the blurry pics... it looks inbetween to me, honestly.

OCD KICKING IN

Last edited by a moderator:

Aw there's the little guy, (shout out to @Teecooz as well... he got that BP originally) heh. Man the real weathering always looks awesome on BPs.

My pineapple is of the chunkier variety as well, but not gonna lie, it was tough to let the other go... just in case the actual was the thinner cubes...

I mean... do we KNOW it's chunkier? I can't really tell by the blurry pics... it looks inbetween to me, honestly.

OCD KICKING IN

Hey... what no love be for me? I still remember that BP when it was just a boy :D

DSC00725_zpsdae93ec1.jpg

OCD KICKING IN

Somewhere kicking around the UK are two Goldilocks No. 3s just waiting for us, EL. With cubes not too chunky, but not too thin... no notches on the top, slanted ring... and crimped windvanes with no text on it. We'll find 'em!

EDIT: Dang, my BP has three dads!

Super cool update! That's a nice saber you have coming along my friend. The new grenade rocks. Congrats on the BP as well. So great to see people making out with vintage goodies.
Keep the updates coming!

I haven't decided on how to fit the handwheel to the rod, but I'll probably just drill & tap it. Seems like the path of least resistance there. I'm terrified of drilling the d-ring hole.

Looking great! If you don't want to drill your tap the two options I can suggest is to buy one of Roman's adaptors and just use a carriage bolt to secure the handwheel to the booster, or do what I did and use a nut adaptor. Either way you'd only have to cut the threaded rod and not have to worry about cutting up your handwheel.

IMG_2150_zpsmz9olmer.jpg

IMG_2205_zpsquwmri1w.jpg

That nut adapter looks perfect. I could probably find that at my local Baller tomorrow!

I am a fan of the larger frag cubes. I love the original paint on the other one though. I have never had one with green paint although I have seen four of them.

I can't wait to see this finished!

Thanks guys!

I'm going to look at the hardware store for that piece tomorrow :thumbsup

I used the coupling nut too! Hardware stores tend to have coupling nuts with the same thread on both sides. I ordered my 3/8 16 x 1/4 20 online. I actually have a bunch left over if you want some. I'll dig them out this week

I used the coupling nut too! Hardware stores tend to have coupling nuts with the same thread on both sides. I ordered my 3/8 16 x 1/4 20 online. I actually have a bunch left over if you want some. I'll dig them out this week

Yep! I got mine off of you :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back