Vader on budget,scratch build WIP, (PIC HEAVY)

This is amazing work mate! I've seen duct tape do amazing things over the years, but being one of the main components of Darth Vader has just made the top of the list :p.

Looks really fantastic. Anyone can buy off the shelf stuff, it takes some real talent to scratch build like that.

Very impressive.

Thanks bro, i scratch built it because from where i'm at....one cant buy this Vader stuff off the shelf :lol, if it were readily available i'd most likely have bought even just a rubies, can't order online as the credit card receipt will probably be seen by the missus:behave. she tolerates this hobby of mine cause i basically dont spend for it and rely on stuff i can scrounge from storage. i'm kind of a pack rat so there's tons of junk in our storeroom :lol

Woohoo! found a local toystore/hobby shop here, that will bring in a couple of rubies helms by months end, will see what it looks like up close and will in all probability get one and mod it . (now i can have access to it without ordering online and using the credit card.hehehe), if all works out i can order from them other parts needed to finish my Vader. btw i already got a force fx lightsaber from them and it is absolutely gorgeous!!

Make sure you get the deluxe rubies plastic helmet, as it's the proper movie size (it says on the box "from original molds" even though that's not quite true. The standard one's are really small and no good for modding, in fact the one you have scratch built is much better.

Make sure you get the deluxe rubies plastic helmet, as it's the proper movie size (it says on the box "from original molds" even though that's not quite true. The standard one's are really small and no good for modding, in fact the one you have scratch built is much better.

Thanks for the advice bro, i shall have a look first of what they will bring in before i make any purchase...question though ,which one is actually in a better scale/size/proportion? the Rubies supreme or the de luxe? because most of the modded helms i see are the supremes.thanks again.

I know it's been said by a few already - but I'll just echo their sentiment:

This is incredible for day-to-day items found at home. Making something from a variety of parts. Epic work! :)

Where did you find the pep files for vader? I was wanting to try this project but i couldn't find the pep files for the helmet. If you could please point me in the right direction.

finally found someone to make the cape and undersuit...so while waiting for it, i decided to straighten my mannequins legs ( it was bow legged hehe)
DSC09395.jpg

and took a photo of myself beside it for height comparison...i'm 6ft. barefoot..
DSC09397.jpg

the rubies supreme helmet (one i will mod) i was expecting did not arrive :( store said probably next batch of toys next month..

Omel, excelent job your vader is almost complete brah good luck on moddin' th' rubies i hear their alot of work ta get right though. maybe next month you'll get it fingers crossed.:cool:thumbsup:cool

Omel, excelent job your vader is almost complete brah good luck on moddin' th' rubies i hear their alot of work ta get right though. maybe next month you'll get it fingers crossed.:cool:thumbsup:cool

Thanks bro :),
hoping the undersuit and cape i'm having made will be up to standards. and yep..moddin the rubies supreme can be quite a handful ( as seen on the modifications done over at the prop den), but hopefully :confusedi can pull it off...for now i'm wishin it arrives with the next batch of toys the store is expecting....and once i get helmet modded right...i will upgrade the other parts till it becomes 501st approved ( hoping to join the local 501st outpost here someday).

Last edited:
Love the chest work! It's a really good build over all!

Thanks Bro! this has been put on hold because the toy store cant give me a definite date of the arrival of the rubies helms i plan to mod. and the tailors who i commissioned to do the undersuit and cape has suffered a minor setback ( heavy rains has flooded their shop) and cant promise a date as well, as to when the undersuit will be ready for delivery/pick-up. :cry

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back